Made a date for this weekend

Options

Replies

• catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    go on the date! If you like him great, If not now you know! I understand the spelling thing though. We are twins.

Same here, really really bothers me.

Glad I'm not alone. I know in the scheme of life it seems really petty, but I can't help it.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I find him very attractive. He is very cute.

OMG! What !!!!!!!!!!! Why are you sitting on this forum then? Go out and buy new shoes for the date!!!! :love:

And new underwear! :bigsmile:

Totally this :bigsmile: Underwear before shoes just to be optimistic! :smokin:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    go on the date! If you like him great, If not now you know! I understand the spelling thing though. We are twins.

Glad I'm not alone. I know in the scheme of life it seems really petty, but I can't help it.

I'm willing to let some spelling things go, it's chatspeak that will completely turn me off.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I find him very attractive. He is very cute.

OMG! What !!!!!!!!!!! Why are you sitting on this forum then? Go out and buy new shoes for the date!!!! :love:

And new underwear! :bigsmile:

This literally made me giggle
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    go baby girl - consider it bravery practice and a chance to strengthen your self confidence - practice makes perfect

x ∞ and beyond! >.>
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

I'm willing to let some spelling things go, it's chatspeak that will completely turn me off.

same here. Does it really take less time to spell later l8er?
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I already read that you are going so good for you!!! You might always wonder "what if" if you don't go, so go for it!!!
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

same here. Does it really take less time to spell later l8er?

No, it doesn't, and it takes longer to decipher too. Double defeating the purpose.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    He texted me this morning with "gm j"

Sooooo .. you can't take two extra seconds and type Good morning Jennifer? Should I just be happy he thought of me this morning and said good morning at all .. or annoyed with the gm j ... it didn't give me a fuzzy feeling and make me smile .. it took me a minute to figure out what the f it meant and then I was annoyed with it. lol
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'd take it as a "hey I was thinking of you, but for some reason I feel the need to text like a 10 year old"...
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

Sooooo .. you can't take two extra seconds and type Good morning Jennifer? Should I just be happy he thought of me this morning and said good morning at all .. or annoyed with the gm j ... it didn't give me a fuzzy feeling and make me smile .. it took me a minute to figure out what the f it meant and then I was annoyed with it. lol

Good Morning Jennifer!
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I think texting is a poor thing to judge someone by... the whole concept of it is to cut the corners of having to call someone. I know when I text, I rattle off what I have to say and put my phone down, no rereading or rewriting. However when I write an email or post here I try to go back over and edit or fix spelling and grammar.

Also if I have been texting back and forth with people a lot during the day it just gets daunting and I cut as many corners as possible to get the message across.

One more point.... You try texting on those tiny little keys with giant man hands!!! :laugh:
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    One more point.... You try texting on those tiny little keys with giant man hands!!! :laugh:
    [/quote]

This is a good point. My bf is a terrible speller that shows in texting, but he makes up for it in so many others. And, I mentioned it once in a kidding way, and he commented how hard it is to text with "sausage fingers" . Maybe this is why your "date" cuts corners so he won't have typos due to "man hands" where he would then have to go back and correct :happy:
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options

Good Morning Jennifer!

LOL .. Good Morning Dave! you typed that to see how long it took you didn't you?

Very true .. giant man hands can be a problem with tiny keys. :laugh:
  • poncho33
    Options
    This is a good point. My bf is a terrible speller that shows in texting, but he makes up for it in so many others. And, I mentioned it once in a kidding way, and he commented how hard it is to text with "sausage fingers" . Maybe this is why your "date" cuts corners so he won't have typos due to "man hands" where he would then have to go back and correct :happy:

I used to text with my hulk hands on... (yes I have a set of hulk hands) but I just got angry and smashed the phone.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

I used to text with my hulk hands on... (yes I have a set of hulk hands) but I just got angry and smashed the phone.

Typos don't bother me. The last guy I dated had HUGE hands (we called it banana fingers, which served a better purpose than texting :wink: ) and between the button mashing and the autocorrect, there were some mighty hilarious conversations.

I am specifically against chatspeak.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

I am now imgaining you as this

avengers-hulk-pug-600.jpg
  • poncho33
    Options

I am now imgaining you as this

avengers-hulk-pug-600.jpg

ditch the tail and I'd say you pretty much got me
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

Good Morning Jennifer!

LOL .. Good Morning Dave! you typed that to see how long it took you didn't you?

Very true .. giant man hands can be a problem with tiny keys. :laugh:

All my cel phones have a physical QWERTY keyboard. I text much easier on those than the virtual type with my "giant man hands"
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    You know what they say about guys with big hands...