5'11 or taller with large body frame goal weight??

Options

Replies

• julie_75
    julie_75 Posts: 11
    Options
    I am 6'0" and currently weigh 239. Right after I had my second daughter I joined Weight Watchers and got down to 175, but discovered that was too little for me. It was hard to maintain and family was saying I was too skinny. I still had to buy large shirts to fit my shoulders, but then they just hung down on me and looked bad. Of course at the time I thought I looked awesome :) Lots of stuff happened and I gained weight. When I got remarried I was down to 191 and I think I looked good at that weight, but maybe could just be more toned.

My goal right now is maybe about 185, but like previous posters I will just see when I get there. I won't be below that, but I'm not sure if I will go that low or maybe be around 190.
  • OutOfBreath
    OutOfBreath Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm about 1/4 of an inch shy of 5'11", but my goal weight is 180 for now. To see how I look/feel there. I'm at 264 right now.
  • Lindseydeblieux
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and maybe another 1/2 inch... I'm currently 213 and my goal is 190. I started on WW at 275 and lost 50. Another 10 came off naturally and I'm hoping MFP will help me shed the last 25.
  • 1DayMarathonRnner
    1DayMarathonRnner Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am 6ft and my goal weight is 199.... I really just want to be under 200 pounds. The last time I was under 200 was 8th grade. But I have been 6ft since 6th grade (I have always been tall, my brother is 6'7).

My question/concern right now is that at 290 I am wearing size 18-20 shirts and 20-22 pants so I don't know if I will be/look healthy at under 200 lbs. I have a lot of muscle (which I don't want to lose).
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    6ft tall, big child bearing hips and a MASSIVE rack as well as weighing 249lbs. Goal weight for me right now is to hit 220lbs. Have to set myself small goals because my motivation is CR*P right now! So if anyone thinks they can kick my *kitten* please add me as a friend!

Ultimate goal weight is about 170-175lbs
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I am 6'2" and have a large athletic frame. I was at my lowest of 192 two years ago but started lifting weights more and got up to about 215. Most was muscle but some was weight gain as I was happy in love! I am now 3 months pregnant and cant diet so i have to put my goal of getting to 200lbs on hold until after the baby.

BTW when i was at 215 i was wearing a 10 sometimes 12 in jeans. It is very hard to gauge weight and sizes bases on others.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm 1/4 inch shy of six feet tall. My frame has been measured as above-averaged but not quite big-boned. My goal is 170. But it may be too thin for me. Currently, I weigh between 230 to 240 (had a recent gain not reflected in my ticker :frown: ). Most people don't think I'm fat, but I do have very visible areas that I would like to see go away. I am still clinically obese which depresses me. I honestly could be happy at 200 lbs and 25% bf, but I don't know if I will ever get there.

This was before I joined MFP:

March 2011 - 309 lbs
    2zxs4ev.jpg

This is March 2012 - 235 lbs
    28a16kh.jpg
  • ihardy44
    ihardy44 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'3" with a large frame. Just now realizing that as I see myself in my youngest daughter who's 8 years old. She's not fat by any stretch of the imagination but just thick! Jeans are hard to find because the butt and thighs. That's me junk in da trunk and thighs! Anyhow my current weight is 233 and I'm shooting for 195-200 or back in size 12 again. BMI says much less but I know my body and that's a reasonable and healthy size for me.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I think being tall and trying to go off the BMI chart is dang near impossible. Honestly it seems like most 6 footers are looking at the 180-200 range. I think this is a good goal for all of us. Personally after having my baby i want to get down to 199... since i had some weight to lose before getting pregnant and with this massive weight gain while pregnant im gonna have about 70lbs or so to lose! eck!!
  • ihardy44
    ihardy44 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I totally agree on the BMI chart. Hang in there!
  • yubyub
    yubyub Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and have a large frame. My "We'll re-evaluate when I get there goal" is 180. I was bones at 160, so I doubt I'll go below 170.
  • jadelyndsey
    jadelyndsey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    6'1 here, and currently weigh 196lbs- look and feel overweight.

I feel my best at around 160lbs - 165lbs. :)
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm not QUITE 5'11 but I thought I"d comment on this because 2 inches isn't THAT big of a difference, right?
    I'm 5'9 with a large framed shooting for 180, and MAYBE 175. I'll get there and see.
  • kristen_lynn
    kristen_lynn Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'11" and definitely large-frame. have always had a hard time with rings/bracelets/anklets/necklaces even when 180-ish lbs in high school... my bones are literally big. as are my entire family's.
    my highest weight (as far as i know since i avoided scales like the plague) was 295 when i was full-term pregnant. i dropped to 270 within a few weeks of birth but hovered there (or possibly even back up towards 300) while being a stay-at-home mom for two years in a remote area on a shoestring budget (ahem, and i ate my feelings). i spiked to about a size 24. joined MFP in august 2011, quickly dropped 40 pounds in the first few months, and have (arduously) been dropping slowly ever since. my current weight is 220, i wear a 14-16 pant and a Large shirt. so yes, my weight is very proportionate and i'm lucky to "carry it well," as people have always told me. but i'm tired of carrying it! lol
    i'm not sure what my goal is... my ticker has me set for 160. lol. that may be a bit idealistic. as of now, i want to get outta the twos and settle somewhere around 175-185 and see how i look. i definitely do not want to be a twig. but healthy BMI and single-digit pant size would be fun :)
  • lovemybabes9709
    lovemybabes9709 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 6ft. In High school I weighed 172 and was a size 11. I liked the shape of my body then, I was curvy and thinner. I have always had a large chest, even as a 6th grader. Right now I weigh 241 and I really want to lose the weight. My BP is up and I have serious low blood sugar issues. I carry all of my weight in the middle. Right at my waist, which is horrible. Visceral Fat is most dangerous kind and I know I need to lose. I just feel like I start and then school/mom/husband/military life/ gets in the way. :) I need to stay motivated.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft 2 with quite a large frame. Everything about me is big and broad. Except for my boobs :sad:

I'm aiming for about 180-190, then I'll probably re *kitten* my goals. I'm 210 right now :)
  • RobinC37
    RobinC37 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I've long been convinced I have the strangest body in the world. 95% of the weight I need to lose is in my belly and back. I wear 9/10 pants and skirts (and have a size 7 I can squeeze into), but need size 14 dresses or XL tops. My boobs aren't that big either, but I have broad shoulders. I have really toned legs and butt that I get complimented on all the time. I weigh the lowest now that I've weighed since 15, at 208 and have no idea what I'm shooting for. Right now it's 170 and I'll go from there.
  • JenRedesigned
    JenRedesigned Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 and my goal is 170-175. I felt really good at this weight back in high school. I'm just excited to see what it looks like on my body now that I've had 2 kids ;)
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    5'11", SW of 215, CW of 163, GW of 155. Feel free to add me!
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5ft 11, large frame, SW 224, CW 192, GW 170, but not really sure whether this will be right for me or not...we shall see. Feel free to add !