Dating Jitters

Options
13»

Replies

• poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I don't get the Jitters because really what is their to lose... I'm single today, if the date goes bad I only go back to single... I don't lose an inch on my crank or anything. However in the last year I have gotten pretty accustom to my routine and I do get a little edgy breaking it... so I have been known to think of reasons to not go on dates.

Do you mean like, you kinda psych yourself out for whatever reason?

More thinking of excuses of why doing what I'd normaly do would be better than going on the date. In the 8 or so dates I've been on in the last year I haven't been excited about any of them... so maybe if I hit one that gets me excited I won't have any 2nd thoughts about going.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    castadvia .. I don't know why, but I picture you sounding like Julia Child .. is that what you sound like?

I don't know - what does Julia Child sound like?! I'll go YouTube her and then I may have an answer for you. BTW, would it be a compliment or an insult, to say someone sounds like Julia Child? :huh: She's not a particularly familiar name this side of the Atlantic, so I don't know what the connotations are!

Edit: I've just had the best giggle of the day listening to Julia Child on YouTube - what a hoot! No, I don't sound like that (I don't think!:laugh: ), though she does vaguely remind me of my mother when she's in one of her more theatrical moods, apart from the accent. Think more along the lines of a cross between Helen Mirren and the young Maggie Smith.:happy:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I don't get the Jitters because really what is their to lose... I'm single today, if the date goes bad I only go back to single... I don't lose an inch on my crank or anything. However in the last year I have gotten pretty accustom to my routine and I do get a little edgy breaking it... so I have been known to think of reasons to not go on dates.

More thinking of excuses of why doing what I'd normaly do would be better than going on the date. In the 8 or so dates I've been on in the last year I haven't been excited about any of them... so maybe if I hit one that gets me excited I won't have any 2nd thoughts about going.

What does it take to get you excited about a date?? :bigsmile:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    castadvia .. I don't know why, but I picture you sounding like Julia Child .. is that what you sound like?

Castadiva sounds like the Queen - beautiful English accent! :bigsmile:
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

Do not know Anna... but I will say I was pretty excited the first time I met all my gf that lasted more than a month. I had a date last night and it was blahhh. I'm coming to the conclusion that if I'm not excited going into the date I'm not going to go.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options

I don't know - what does Julia Child sound like?! I'll go YouTube her and then I may have an answer for you. BTW, would it be a compliment or an insult, to say someone sounds like Julia Child? :huh: She's not a particularly familiar name this side of the Atlantic, so I don't know what the connotations are!

Edit: I've just had the best giggle of the day listening to Julia Child on YouTube - what a hoot! No, I don't sound like that (I don't think!:laugh: ), though she does vaguely remind me of my mother when she's in one of her more theatrical moods, apart from the accent. Think more along the lines of a cross between Helen Mirren and the young Maggie Smith.:happy:

Oh I love Julia Child!!! Totally a compliment!
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options

Do not know Anna... but I will say I was pretty excited the first time I met all my gf that lasted more than a month. I had a date last night and it was blahhh. I'm coming to the conclusion that if I'm not excited going into the date I'm not going to go.

Well .. If I had cancelled my date, that I was completely unexcited about .. I wouldn't have had some fun last night!
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

That works for me too. I try not to go on dates I'm not excited about. I've done it once or twice and been even more underwhelmed on the date..... :laugh:

Mind you, I've been totally excited and been thoroughly disappointed too :huh:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Well .. If I had cancelled my date, that I was completely unexcited about .. I wouldn't have had some fun last night!

Yeah, but you were just trying to find an excuse not to date. More to do with you, than him?? :flowerforyou:
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    For some reason, I don't get jitters when I'm meeting some one for the first time, especially if it's someone from a dating website....however, I get jitters if I want to approach a female for the first time when I'm out and about. FOr example: Last night I wanted to approach this young lady that was sitting at the bar with her lady friend... I had the jitters.. I didn't approach them either.. lol.. my lost.

Jarnard
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    True, she looks like she's up to playing a trick on that picture! :laugh:
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    Options

I'd give alot, alot alot, alot...... just to have a man's brain

OMG .. I would love to have a mans brain for just one day and see what goes on in there!
    I'll sum it up for you: Sex, boobs, food.. It's not really all that fascinating.

Come on Roadie... give us some credit here, you left out some basics: bjs, sports, beer.
    Jeeze...grow up you two! Not one of you mentioned the rear! I know a man's brain hits that too....its not just all boobs and beer.