I think i get it now

Options
Momwasix
Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
Okay so tell me if what I'm saying is correct the reason why the number on the scale isn't important cause you and another person can be same height , age and weight but the main factor will be the body fat percentage. i brought the new rules book I'm going to read it today thats my main agenda.

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    That's right!

I'm currently about 147 lbs. During my last yo-yo I went down to about 136 but I was about the same size then as I am now, and I'm a bit less wobbly now. I've still got a way to go but I'm focussing on reducing FAT, not WEIGHT. I no longer care what the scale says and go by measurements and how clothes look and feel, which at the end of the day is much more important than a number that merely describes the relationship of my body to gravity.
  • roguestates
    Options
    I'm focussing on reducing FAT, not WEIGHT. I no longer care what the scale says and go by measurements and how clothes look and feel, which at the end of the day is much more important than a number that merely describes the relationship of my body to gravity.

This is exactly why I wish MFP had additional trackers, like BF% lost or inches lost in addition to weight lost. I think the same way as you, but there are still days when it can be hard to convince myself that I'm making progress.
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Don't even own a scale. How can it tell the difference between fluid in my muscles, my muscle growth, my body fat reduction? If anything, I'm proud that it has gone up while I have gotten smaller (I occasionally weigh at the gym, just for a giggle).

I still don't understand why rational women are so hung up on it when they know deep down that it is not an accurate reflection of their progress. I guess it's society's fault, really.

THROW YOUR SCALES AWAY!!! :tongue: