I am Thick Madame(introduce yourselves)

Options
My name is Nette, I decided to create a challenge for al my Thick Madames, stay positive ladies

Replies

• nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I am 50 years old (51 next week) and I have lost 60 pounds since February...I know, it shows I've lost 57 but I had lost 3 when I joined mfp. I am a special ed teacher in a public school. I am doing low carbing so I do not focus on calories at all. But most of the time I am under 1200. I need to lose between 15-24 more. It came off quite rapidly at first but then tapered off. Now it is going very slowly. I'm only losing a couple of pounds a month now but I am very happy with that! At least I am still losing !!:happy:
  • alegaux
    alegaux Posts: 11
    Options
    Awesome job Nancy, don't best your self up about losing it slowly, some months are better than others, and yes atleast you are trying and loosing. Thank you for sharing your story beautiful lady. Much love and continue sharing your success with us
  • djgoing
    djgoing Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Dj I joined MFP earlyer this month over the past yr iv lost about40lbs gained alittle bk u I need to loss around 60more pounds I bn walkin drinkin water & counting calories I have diabetes my last doc appt didn't go very well I gained 12lbs bk & my sugar was up I go bk to docs n 3months I'm hopeing to have a big change before I go bk I'm R1yrs old I have 2sons & one new grandson 7weeks old they all live w/my husband&I so its very busy here hope to get to no you better so we can help each other on this journey your new friend Dj:-)
  • Kimberbuzz
    Options
    Oh my goodness!!!! I was searching for just this kind of group. I've only been on MFP since September. I've only lost 8 lbs and have a lot more to go. It's so hard sticking to my plan. I'd love to have the support and encouragement from people on a similar journey. My name is Kim. I will be 50 years old in December. I am married with 1 son and 2 grandchildren. I look forward to getting to know everyone. Thank you for creating this group.
  • Bama4granma
    Options
    Hi! My name is Martha.
    Im 58, during rehab for a broken foot and being on crutches...I lost 10#...then dental surgery...another 10# At that point I started feeling good and moving around more. I had a very active 9months with my 4 grandchildren and lost even more, so now after a long 3 yr journey I am at the last 23 pounds to my goal(unless I feel I am at the right size before). It is so pleasant to hear I look younger!

Since joining the website my diet has improved and my exercise activity is so much better. Making the right choice is still hard sometimes, but the rewards are awesome. I feel so good about me! I am not hungry all the time and eating is fun, not embarassing.

Thank you all for your posts its great to know I'm not alone in my ups/downs and obsessive behavior :)
  • shailiz
    Options
    Hi, my name is Shai and I am 53 years old and at LEAST that much overweight. My beastie told me about MFP and I'm using this program in conjunction with a dietician. I've only been here, actively, for a couple of weeks but I need to get these lbs off and need all the help I can get.

This group is perfect. Please add me to your friend list. The more support the better.

Looking forward to getting to know less of everyone!

Shai
  • Tartanbell
    Options
    Hi......I would like to join your group. I am 65 in January and have been struggling to lose weight all my life. I have over 4 stone to lose and my abilityto excercise is not that good. I do one hour aqua aerobics per week. I'm not able to walk more than 4-5 thousand steps per day and would like to upt this to nearer the 10,000 steps most fitness sites recommend. Does anyone have any suggestions of how I might increase my activities.
  • jacmom29
    jacmom29 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I'm 52 and need to lose about 100 lbs. Joined a little while ago but got distracted and gained back the few pounds I lost when I was tracking intake. I don't know why I let myself stop signing in, it was working! Anyway I am back and motivated and am excited about this group----we can support each other through the Holidays.
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies my name is Chel, most people call me Red. I'm 43 and a somewhat empty nester meaning, they still live in my purse just not my house. I've been on this site for a year and about the months. I did very well up until two unexpected surgeries, one in january and one in march. On this site I've received some very rude remarks lately about not losing the weight I've regained. Not a problem though, I know some people are just plain rude because they hate themselves. I also have some VERY great friends on this site and they are 90% of the reason I haven't given up. So hopfully this is the place for positivity for everyone. Yes I am struggling to lose but I am losing.
  • Kimberbuzz
    Options
    What happened to my introduction post??
  • TMariepr
    TMariepr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,

My name is TMarie ( You can find me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram as TMariepR). I started my journey to health and fitness about 3 or so years ago. The lowest I have ever been has been 166. I am striving to get at least to 135 by next year 2013 and maintain it.

I have had my up and downs with this, but I have been going strong for the past couple of weeks!

In reason for health and fitness is to be healthy and to fulfill the purpose God has for my life. Can't wait to meet everyone!
  • Lovey14
    Lovey14 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey My name is Lovetta looking for other ppl who are trying to make a total lifestyle change to help motivate and support one another on this life changing, difficult but possible journey. I am 25yrs young mother of 1 awesome daughter. Like most of you I have yo yo dieted, fad diets , crash diets yes I've done it all. Now I have dedicated to doing things the right way, no short cuts just healthy food choices and exercises. Come on ladies we can do this. Don't let being overweight and unhealthy consume your life. Time to take back our lives and live. Remember you only get one body it is your temple so lets get back to taking care of it! Good Luck Everyone!
  • natalie_251
    natalie_251 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Natalie I'm 29 from Alabama. I'm a mother of 3 lovely ladies ages 7,5,2. And the wife. I joined MFP back in August and it was working but when I relocated I stopped going to the gym. I'm a size 18/20 and I'm wanting to get into a 14 or 12 or 199lbs which ever comes first. I'm 5'11 so I don't see myself being in any single digit and liking it. Let's get it ladies! Wrestle can do it!
  • MsInspirationalStar
    Options
    *slide on into post*

Hey Ladies!!! *hit my dougie* what's going on?! :-) Lol don't mind my silliness haha.
    Good Evening, My name is Melissa! I am mother of 2 gorgeous minis and I been on my weightloss journey for 5 month yet 2 months ago I decided to make it offical on Aug 1st of this year! My SW was 335 and my CW is 297.2 and my GW is to be 200 lbs! Right now I'm in a size 20 coming from a size 24 pushing into a size 26. We got this ladies we have a good 2 months before this year is over so let's end this year with a bang :-) TMP thank you for doing this challenge its every awesome of you ladies to be doing this :-)
  • Lovey14
    Lovey14 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Lol you go girl and determination and faith is the key. Have to stick to it to get to our goals. You are doing Great!
  • MsInspirationalStar
    Options
    Lol thanks Lovey! I got a plan for my life & that's not to die at a young age cause I choice to kill myself slowly (not taking care of the one body god gave me) who said I couldn't be a healthy plus size phenomenal woman?! Well they must not have met me yet cause I'm on my way to becoming one :-)
  • keyonia82
    keyonia82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies, my name is Keyonia I am 30 years old with no children. I actually started myfitnesspal about 3 weeks ago all on my own. So far I am only down -8 lbs. For the last 3 weeks I havent had any friends on this app and it had begun to become a bit boring, so I am so glad that now I have others to help motivate me while I do the same. I will never be a thin woman, but I can definetly become healthier. I started by following TMP on IG and jumped into the challenge since I had already put a step forward by myself. So welcome ladies and lets get focused and motivated to drop that weight!! :heart:
  • keyonia82
    keyonia82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    btw GOODLUCK TO ALL OF US !!
  • HealthKickCi
    Options
    Hello ladies, My name is Ciara and I am in North Carolina. I have always been bigger, but became comfortable and confident with my weight late high school and early college being between 180 and 200 pounds. When I first got to college I dropped about 20 pounds in the first semeser, but quickly began to gain that back then some in my second year.
    Going into my third year my weight shot up to 250 pounds, because of horrible eating habits I started when I became pregnant (I miscarried). Pair those eating habits with with inactivity and after a few years you have the present day me. I am tipping on 300 pounds and I am uncomfortable and lacking in my normal confidence which is why I know I have to do something!
    My goal is to lose between 100 and 125 pounds. I want to start on a healthy lifestyle before I bring children into this world and I would love to be at least 50 pounds lighter by my upcoming June wedding. I am hoping this challenege will give me the jumpstart and encouragement that I need!
  • lachicasucia
    Options
    hey guys! i am simone! and i have yo yo weight, I am anywhere between 200 - 235 for the past few years. I am most comfortable at about 185 - 190 and am currently at 233. I am looking forward to the challenge- I will spend the first week of it out of town for a conference, so that in itself will be challenging, but this is my first time actually having a support group- yay...Good luck everybody