Due April 2013

Options

Replies

• KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm due in April also...April 22nd. I have sort of taken a break from MFP for the past few months, but now that I'm feeling a bit better and have more energy, I'm hoping to get back into working out and staying in shape! So here I am!

I had my first baby in Jan 2010...gained 55-60lbs, and it took 2.5 years to lose it all. In May of this year I reached my goal weight, and it felt great! I had hoped to get to my goal weight before getting pregnant again. We started TTC at the end of May, and I got my BFP in early August. I kept working out & doing yoga until the extreme exhaustion & nausea hit. I would love to not gain as much this time, but we'll see. So far, I'm up about 13lbs.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • cakesmooth
    cakesmooth Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    We had a second US last week at 15 weeks. The veteran tech says for sure it's a boy! The best news is that he is healthy, normal, and everything is how and where it should be. Placenta is on top and my boy was head down. Yesterday I woke up looking pregnant and not just tubby & wide. I also felt some heaviness between my hips and found myself tipping back when walking to counter my front weight. Anatomy US in a few weeks. I am 16 w 5 d today. I've gained significant weight these last few weeks. I only have 6 pounds left for these next 10 weeks so I need to slow down on the junk & binging. Anyone else binging and eating naughty? I don't mean binging like the scary kind I mean binging like the chubby chick who eats 2 lunches in one sitting kind.
  • vegasmari
    vegasmari Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    cakesmooth.... congrats on having a boy!! i'm getting my gender u/s in 3 wks. i'm also totally eating really bad. i can't over indulge too much because my stomach can't take too much and there's less room in there. i do feel really guilty!!

khaverstick..... welcome to the group! i gained the same amount of weight as you with my first (feb 09) and this pregnancy i've only gained 8 pounds so far. since i haven't been eating healthy or working out, (i took a mfp break also) i know it's just a matter of time before the weight will show up

I think most of us are in the 2nd trimester now. I still feel really tired, but not as drained as the 1st trimester.
  • cakesmooth
    Options
    Vegasmari, I'm so glad you are back! My anatomy US is in 2 weeks! Gotta go, my 3 year old is dragging toilet paper throughout the house.
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    So I actually talked myself into working out Friday night! It felt good...but I SO wanted to curl up in bed instead haha! I also did yoga Saturday afternoon. I really want to keep it up.

Vegasmari...my scan is in 3 weeks, too! Can't wait!
  • Stephanie_dee
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm due 19th April :-) first pregnancy first baby and I am so excited!

Weight wise I was 128lbs before I got pregnant (I'm 5'3), I'm 15+3 and I'm 133lbs at the moment.

Really not looking forward to gaining more and more but hey ho! That's what the gyms for afterwards!

P,ease feel free to add me if you want any support or anything, I love chatting to other mommies to be!
  • doubletnurse
    doubletnurse Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Just got back from my 15 week 1 day appointment and everything is good! Baby's heart rate was 160, and the best part was my 3 yo son was able to hear it! I got my flu shot and scheduled my next ultrasound for November 30th. I have been feeling good other than some SI joint pain in my left hip and my Doctor gave me some stretches to try out first.

I hope everyone else is doing good and s safe from Sandy.
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Cakes- Congrats on the boy, I'm amazed they could tell so soon...and jealous! What was his heart rate. Everyone says I'm having a girl b/c it's heart rate is 140 (which seems real low to me compared to the 160 we started with but I guess it's normal for it to decline as time goes on)

KHav-good job on going for a walk. I have been on a lot of walks lately which has been nice, I wasn't doing much for quite a while b/c of all the complications so it's nice to be back on my feet

Stephanie- Congrats on your first baby! That's super exciting and remember you are gaining weight for a good reason

Double- That's awesome your son got to hear the babies heart :) So exciting

AFM- I just got back from being evacuated for Sandy, the house is totally fine there's just some water in the streets. I'm very glad for this. We are also blessed to be one of the few neighborhoods to have electricity

I'm starting to get a bit of a bump (I'm 16 weeks 4 days) which is nice. I no longer just feel fat :) I'm really struggling with trying not to watch what I eat too closely. I don't eat terrible (though nowhere close to my whole foods, vegan diet I was eating before getting preggo) but I also don't get great. I'm starting to love my little bump and REALLY trying not to obsess over weight gain. I feel guilty that here I am pregnant and find myself wanting to restrict calories. I would never say I suffer(ed) from an eating disorder but I almost feel like getting down to my goal weight has kinda lead to some disordered eating, or at least an unhealthy relationship with food. Hubby is great though and always makes sure I eat enough. I also think that this week of being around another pregnant woman (we evacuated to my friends house for the hurricane) helped a lot because I realized it is natural to eat this much. I work with all guys so they always laugh at me that I constantly have some type of food in my hand. It was nice to feel a bit "normal" this week.

Ok, I guess I'd better go do my homework. Next US is Nov 28 and I can't wait to see our little :)
  • mandalu292
    mandalu292 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Just wanted to check in and say that I'm looking for new friends who are also expecting. :) Feel free to add me so that we can support each other.

I had someone point out my baby bump for the first time last night... so excited to actually start looking pregnant and not just fat! Lol Hope everyone is doing well!
  • Wickedmeowmer
    Options
    @Emily, my babies HR is declining a little too. (155 to 144) The midwife explained they only measure it for a few seconds/minutes and to get a TRUE baseline it'd take like 20 minutes, so they are really just snippets in time and its just fine ;)

i get to do my anatomy US on November 19th!
  • tamjom
    tamjom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Stephanie Dee - I'm due April 19th too!!!!! and this is my first one too! I'm sooo excited!

I haven't been watching what I eat, because my appetite hasn't been as great so I've been eating bad, but just smaller. I'm up 7lbs today!!! kinda scared me! I'm just taking it as a red flag to start walking and get back to counting theose calories!
  • doubletnurse
    Options
    Help! I need an accountability partner that is faithfully tracking everything they eat and exercise. Please friend me!
  • cakesmooth
    Options
    Cakes- Congrats on the boy, I'm amazed they could tell so soon...and jealous! What was his heart rate. Everyone says I'm having a girl b/c it's heart rate is 140 (which seems real low to me compared to the 160 we started with but I guess it's normal for it to decline as time goes on)

KHav-good job on going for a walk. I have been on a lot of walks lately which has been nice, I wasn't doing much for quite a while b/c of all the complications so it's nice to be back on my feet

Stephanie- Congrats on your first baby! That's super exciting and remember you are gaining weight for a good reason

Double- That's awesome your son got to hear the babies heart :) So exciting

AFM- I just got back from being evacuated for Sandy, the house is totally fine there's just some water in the streets. I'm very glad for this. We are also blessed to be one of the few neighborhoods to have electricity

I'm starting to get a bit of a bump (I'm 16 weeks 4 days) which is nice. I no longer just feel fat :) I'm really struggling with trying not to watch what I eat too closely. I don't eat terrible (though nowhere close to my whole foods, vegan diet I was eating before getting preggo) but I also don't get great. I'm starting to love my little bump and REALLY trying not to obsess over weight gain. I feel guilty that here I am pregnant and find myself wanting to restrict calories. I would never say I suffer(ed) from an eating disorder but I almost feel like getting down to my goal weight has kinda lead to some disordered eating, or at least an unhealthy relationship with food. Hubby is great though and always makes sure I eat enough. I also think that this week of being around another pregnant woman (we evacuated to my friends house for the hurricane) helped a lot because I realized it is natural to eat this much. I work with all guys so they always laugh at me that I constantly have some type of food in my hand. It was nice to feel a bit "normal" this week.

Ok, I guess I'd better go do my homework. Next US is Nov 28 and I can't wait to see our little :)

This little boy has always had a HB above the normal range. It was in the 180s to 190s during the 1st trimester and has now slowed down to the 140s to 150s.

I'll be 19 weeks tomorrow. I have my official anatomy US and another prenatal appointment back-to-back tomorrow afternoon. If they tell me that Fire Gun (my son's request for the baby's name) is a girl I won't be angry. :) I also won't be angry if he remains a boy but I'm just sayin!!

Also, doubletnurse, I'm going to friend you. But just know that my eating is atrocious!! I've gained lots of pounds these past few weeks and am very ashamed so I'm friending you more because I need some honest feedback. None of that "yummy day" niceness. I need somebody to tell me things like "4 peanut butter cups AND a butterfinger, WTF??!!" If anyone wants to be my Jillian Michaels, friend me.
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options
    Cakes- is "fire gun" a boy or a girl. haha, what a sweety! :)

So, how many of you have talked with your doc about your birth plan? how many of your have a birth plan? is to too early to start saying "um btw, I don't want and epidural, I don't want the baby vaccinated...."...i'm not sure if I'll even be delivering with my current OB b/c I may be moving to CA before the baby is born. If tha is the case I'm going to a birthing center. With the prospect of a birthing center I am REALLY hoping we can move before baby is here...I don't care if we have to stop hourly to pee
  • doubletnurse
    Options
    EmilyRanae- I am 17 weeks and haven't talked with my ob about my ideas but this is my second, and she delivered my first.
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Tiffany and I'm due April 16th, I'm a FTM and SUPER excited. :)

Played my baby music for the first time today and couldn't believe how much they moved around. So awesome
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options
    Hi Tiffany!

Looks like this thread has kinda died so we should try to revive it :) Congrats on your little bundle of joy, this is our first too! We are due the day before you :)

Next week we find out if it's a boy or girl. We have an OB appointment today and hubby wants to ask him if he can put in for a stat ultrasound so we can find out earlier. :) I just look forward to this little bugger having a name rather than being "it." I've been saying "her" and "she" a lot, I've said from the beginning i think it's a girl but i'm hoping for a boy. I loved (and sometimes hated) haveing a big bro so I want my little girl to have the same protection...plus that's less stress on hubs and I trying to protect her from the boys in the later years
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi Tiffany!

Looks like this thread has kinda died so we should try to revive it :) Congrats on your little bundle of joy, this is our first too! We are due the day before you :)

Next week we find out if it's a boy or girl. We have an OB appointment today and hubby wants to ask him if he can put in for a stat ultrasound so we can find out earlier. :) I just look forward to this little bugger having a name rather than being "it." I've been saying "her" and "she" a lot, I've said from the beginning i think it's a girl but i'm hoping for a boy. I loved (and sometimes hated) haveing a big bro so I want my little girl to have the same protection...plus that's less stress on hubs and I trying to protect her from the boys in the later years

We have our 20 week anatomy scan on Friday, and I am excited to find out. This is my fourth, but I still just like to know so I can shop! The sex really doesn't matter to me either way! Don't worry about having a girl/ boy first. My two oldest are girls, and my husband wouldn't have it any other way. They have him wrapped around their fingers, and it is funny to see a 6'3" 250 lb guy do whatever they want to make them happy.
  • doubletnurse
    Options
    I hope everything is going great for everyone in this group. I know there are some mom's that haven't been on the board since the beginning of their first trimester and I pray everything is going well for them.

I haven't been on in the last week or so b/c I finally feel great and have been trying to catch my house back up with some major cleaning time. Between that, my 3 yr old, traveling out of town for the holidays, and putting up our Christmas light extravaganza, our family has been VERY busy.

Baby is doing good (18 weeks). I can feel it move now when I am resting quietly on the couch at night. Have my anatomy ultrasound next Friday, but won't know the sex until the end of December due to some family not being able to be at the reveal.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I hope that you ladies are all doing well! I had my 20 week anatomy scan this morning, and we had arms, legs, fingers, toes and a penis! I am having a boy! That will give me two girls and two boys! I am happy that my son will have a partner in crime!