Ironman World Championship

Options
TylerJ76
TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
NBC will be airing the Ironman World Championships this Saturday at 4pm est.

2 hour show, well worth your time

Replies

• scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    DVR already set
  • blaquebutterfly75
    blaquebutterfly75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    DVR set. Ready to go!!! :drinker:
  • vtate75
    vtate75 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I watched it last night (DVR'ed) and was a bit disappointed. I usually LOVE this, but there was not enough focus on the age groupers. I was hoping to see more of the stories of the 8 athletes chosen as Kona Inspired through the web poll. I missed the personal stories. It's strange too because there was longer coverage but fewer stories. Just my opinion!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    weird I looked it up to tivo it and didint see it. The only airing i saw was for Tomorrow. So I set it to record. It is one of the best things in the world to watch on a bike trainer.
  • scott091501
    Options
    See I'm not one for the sentimental AG'er stories. I got much more enjoyment out of watching the coverage on Ironmanlive on race day.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I DVRed it and watched it last night... I agree that there wasn't as much coverage of the age groupers and some of the better stories. I also hated missing some really key moments (the second transition, for example) for weather/hurricane Sandy updates.

*** SPOILER TO FOLLOW ***

Looked like Mirinda had a tough day... to bad.
  • scott091501
    Options
    I DVRed it and watched it last night... I agree that there wasn't as much coverage of the age groupers and some of the better stories. I also hated missing some really key moments (the second transition, for example) for weather/hurricane Sandy updates.

If 3rd place at Worlds is a tough day, I'll take it. LOL. Looks to me that she had a lot of pushing to do on the bike and it caught up to her on the back end of the run.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Watched it off the DVR yesterday morning. I didn't like it as much this year either. I was still inspired, but also felt and a little defeated. It was weird for me.

Caroline Steffen = 5'10" of pure yum :blushing:

577131_482553058432520_1104858462_n.jpg
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    i thought the coverage was lacking something this year as well. they made a huge deal about Carfrae's running ability and showed Carfrae catch Cave on the run and then flash forward all the sudden Carfrae has dropped back and we don't really know what happened.
    i sort of tuned out and was doing other things while i watched the end because it really didn't hold my interest but there was no mention of what happened to Alexander either. it was sort of "oh by the way he finished 12th"

random thought....Caroline Steffen is definitely crush worthy.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a huge fan of the broadcast this year either.

It should be 1 hour of the race, then 1 hour of age grouper stories...In my opinion.
  • blaquebutterfly75
    blaquebutterfly75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Overall, I enjoyed the coverage. I just was left with an even more intense case of "bike envy". :mad: :love:
  • jacksonpt
    Options

If 3rd place at Worlds is a tough day, I'll take it. LOL. Looks to me that she had a lot of pushing to do on the bike and it caught up to her on the back end of the run.

Living in the northeast, I kept getting new/weather interruptions for Sandy, so every 20 minutes or so I'd miss 3 or 4 minutes of coverage. From what I saw, Mirinda went from being 10 minutes back on the bike but a strong runner, to strugging in the final meters of the run. Almost no coverage of her, which was disappointing.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    I wasn't a huge fan of the broadcast this year either.

It should be 1 hour of the race, then 1 hour of age grouper stories...In my opinion.
    Agreed. I really liked that about the 2011 coverage... good mix of the pros and the AGers.
  • dmeyers1969
    dmeyers1969 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    completely agree...age group piece is primary reason I watch. I like seeing how the pros do but I can always buy a DVD for that. The age groupers are my people and have some great stories