I just started medifast today

Options
I would love some support friends. I am sooo nervous :(

Replies

• tgibbons1935
    tgibbons1935 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started Medifast back in August and we love it! I am not crazy about some of their food, but it has really worked for us. It works best for us because it is so structured and it really has helped us change the way we eat. Feel free to add me as a friend. I am on here quite a bit and I try to log everything because it really does make a difference. Welcome to the program!
  • polly11olson
    Options
    Great I started Medifast last Wednesday- I do agree that some of the food is not good. I love the chocolate shake, chili puffs, carmel crunch bar.... the tomato soup was the worst. Chicken soup was great but let it soak before you microwave it for about 30 minutes.
    It is easy and so far eating every 3 hours helps!
    Let the journey begin!
  • tgibbons1935
    tgibbons1935 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The shakes and the bars are my favorites. The mixed berry cereal crunch is good too. Their oatmeal is awful.. I don't know if they gave you this website for your lean and green meals, but it is a great source for recipes and it is Sandys Kitchen. When you get to the website, click on the tab that says Medifast recipes and she has a bunch of them that are really good. I usually spend sundays cooking so I have stuff for the week for my husband and I. I have also attached another website that is good as well. Good luck.

http://www.sandyskitchenadventures.com/
    http://www.desktopcookbook.com/cookbookshare/12880/20001.htm
  • marjolycookie
    marjolycookie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Depending on how much you need to lose, you might want to go through and try everything they have to offer. I have been on it for what seems like forever, and I've literally tried every product they offer except coffee flavored stuff (as I do not like coffee flavor, ever). The cereal is awesome, but I might be a bit biased since it's pretty new to the menu. Usually you can find at least one flavor of bar/shake that is a go-to. Try out the puffs/bites as well. A lot of the stuff is pretty sweet so the puffs/bites are nice and savory. Weird as it sounds, I actually didn't mind the southwest style eggs, even though they are weird and powdered. You can mix them with real eggs or egg beaters, and not even notice the difference.

My absolute favorite item is the chocolate chip pancakes. I could eat them for all 5 meals of the day. You can get low cal/sugar free syrup and it's totally worthwhile!
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I just eat bars and puffs all day. Quite convenient when you never get out of meetings.
  • emmaruns
    emmaruns Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love Medifast! I eat the same thing every day - shake, eggs, chicken noodle soup, bar, puffs/bites. I actually enjoy the food. I think it's an amazing program!
  • garn1212
    Options
    Day on was rough....but I survived!
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Mys sister's boyfriend has lost at least 40 lbs.