Fish oil & T Level

Options
FormerMarine1
FormerMarine1 Posts: 1,128 Member
Hey does anyone take fish oil for optimal T levels? I have been taking 5000 mg a day... how much should I take? Is this enough or too much?

Replies

• Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/qa-2.html

I don't think that it helps with T though, I've never heard of that. link to source?
  • FormerMarine1
    FormerMarine1 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    you need a sufficient level of dietary fat intake to get maximum testosterone production, this doesn't have to be from fish oil.
  • ADHDentrepreneur
    Options
    OP.. I saw you mention testosterone levels in another post regarding overall body fat. You're on the right track with being concerned about test levels, however you will probably not be able to raise them significantly through natural means. Eating properly, working out, avoiding alcohol, etc will all help a bit, and is the right thing to do, but the total free testosterone will likely be similar if you're over 40 (didn't look at your profile, just guessing)... My suggestion is to join an anti-aging program; many of my clients that age group do. It will help quite a bit, if it's within your budget. (pricey program)
    Request your doctor run your blood, a full hormone panel would be awesome. Some GP's are up to speed with the world, and will help you out depending on your results. I have male clients come back with test levels in the 300's routinely. There really is an issue with low T in men across the entire population. Mean levels are lower than they used to be. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. My endocrinology is strong. So am I.. lol.
  • got insurance go to your doctor tell him your libdo is none existent.. avoid the jells not unless you like your woman with facial hair
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    OP.. I saw you mention testosterone levels in another post regarding overall body fat. You're on the right track with being concerned about test levels, however you will probably not be able to raise them significantly through natural means. Eating properly, working out, avoiding alcohol, etc will all help a bit, and is the right thing to do, but the total free testosterone will likely be similar if you're over 40 (didn't look at your profile, just guessing)... My suggestion is to join an anti-aging program; many of my clients that age group do. It will help quite a bit, if it's within your budget. (pricey program)
    Request your doctor run your blood, a full hormone panel would be awesome. Some GP's are up to speed with the world, and will help you out depending on your results. I have male clients come back with test levels in the 300's routinely. There really is an issue with low T in men across the entire population. Mean levels are lower than they used to be. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. My endocrinology is strong. So am I.. lol.

You also need to take the time to weigh the pros and cons. Unless the doctor discusses options for coming off of it at a later date, and how to rebound your test levels......you're on it for the rest of your life.
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options

You also need to take the time to weigh the pros and cons. Unless the doctor discusses options for coming off of it at a later date, and how to rebound your test levels......you're on it for the rest of your life.

A lot of times a few reasons why men may have low testosterone levels is because of their lifestyle in general. Little activity, overeating unhealthy food on a regular basis, and the main reason is age. You can't change what happens as it declines through age but you can keep yourself in very good shape, and get your body what it lacks. Men who are overweight also happen to suffer from lower testosterone levels as well. Before seeking testosterone replacement is best to take care of the bigger issues first. Testosterone increases cholesterol levels so people who have high cholesterol (bad cholesterol) should not even bother with it until they get their health squared out first.
  • 10sixer
    Options
    I take Fish Oil but to lube up the joints and other moving parts.

I go to the GP doctor tomorrow and am gonna try to get blood work done because I am almost positive I have Low T. If I can get to where I was in my 20's or 30's oooo man.. =)
  • ZeroWoIf
    Options
    I take Fish Oil but to lube up the joints and other moving parts.

I go to the GP doctor tomorrow and am gonna try to get blood work done because I am almost positive I have Low T. If I can get to where I was in my 20's or 30's oooo man.. =)

Hope you lead a sexually active life. Testosterone will most likely turn your sex drive like you haven't felt in 30 years lol.
  • ZeroWoIf
    Options
    Hey does anyone take fish oil for optimal T levels? I have been taking 5000 mg a day... how much should I take? Is this enough or too much?

I take about 14 grams of fish oils a day.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i read recently that studies show taking fish oil capsules were not as effective on reducing heart attacks and strokes . the suggestions was to eat actual fish. so i eat a few cans of sardines a week now instead.

i wonder if the same holds true for other benefits of fish oil.