Weights - what do you use?

Options
zoukeira
zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
I'm curious to know what weights everyone is using. In the video they use 5lb weights, but I know many people use 3lb. We don't get lb weights easily over here - so I'm using a set of 2kg (4.4lb) and they seem to be doing the trick for me (ow ow ow ow)

Replies

• michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    The first time I attempted I used 1 lb weights because that is all that I had. I lucked out and bought a 5 pound set at a garage sale for 75 cents. :)
  • RNTanya
    RNTanya Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I use 5lb weights for all exercises except chest flyes in Level 1--for those I use 10lbs.
  • Lisa760
    Lisa760 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I use 5 lb. kettle weights because that's all I have.
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Depends on how I'm feeling I switch between 3 and 5s but I'd like to get some heavier ones but man they are expensive..
  • fat2slim11
    fat2slim11 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using 3lb weights but will move up to 5lbs in a few days.
  • Jamie_55
    Jamie_55 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have a really bad shoulder so 3lbs was all I could do at the start. I'm now doing 3lbs for the squats, chest flys and anterior raises. I use 5 lbs for the back rows and lunges. I can almost move up to the 5lbs for the chest flys and squats but the anterior raises are killing me. Still. I just finished L1 D10. I'm starting L2 today. But I find the biggest thing for me is that I'm definitely feeling stronger again! Which is totally worth a little pain!
  • lucypaige_
    Options
    At the moment i'm using a set of 1kg weights, but looking at this I think I need to move up to the 2kg set (it's the heaviest I have). Thanks for the indirect push everyone! Haha.
  • eeg214
    eeg214 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Currently using 3lb weights because that's all walmart had -___- but going to switch to 5lb weights by day 10!
  • pbair
    pbair Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have wimpy weights that came with the treadmill that I'm using, because my next step up is 10 pounders - too heavy!! I need to run out and pick up some 5lb weights...
  • nomoon20
    Options
    I use three pound weights.
  • juang3
    juang3 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I use 5# weights and I do fine with everything except the front raises...those kill me so after doing about 15 of them together I start alternating. That's up from when I started, I could only do about 5 together! So I am definatly building strength!
  • secretsupermodel
    Options
    i know it sounds silly but because i don't have traditional weights i just hang onto some old ankle weights we have had forever i think they are 1.5 lbs each - 2 lbs but im not sure. they do the trick tho :wink:
  • Frances_C17
    Frances_C17 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My proper weights set is still in storage at my parents house so I've been using glass bottles filled with water which are about 3 pounds. I really struggle with the front raises but could do with using heavier weights for the bicep curls and chest flies in particular.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm using 3# right now but think I'll be moving up to 5# for the chest flies.
  • Panna9406
    Panna9406 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I will start tomorrow the 30 Day Shred and I'm very excited about it, but my problem is, that i don't have 3 pound weights, i have only 5. So, what do you say, should i start with these or buy some 3 pound ones and use those for like 10 days and only after that go to 5? Will it be too difficult with the heavier ones at first?
  • gestures93
    gestures93 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I only have 3 pound weight so am using that right now. Once I keep up with the video I will look into buying some more.
  • nomoon20
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I will start tomorrow the 30 Day Shred and I'm very excited about it, but my problem is, that i don't have 3 pound weights, i have only 5. So, what do you say, should i start with these or buy some 3 pound ones and use those for like 10 days and only after that go to 5? Will it be too difficult with the heavier ones at first?

It depends on how fit you are. I wanted to start off slowly, which is why I began with the 3 pound weights. But now, (I am only in week two) I wish I had just started with the 5 pounders.