Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

newbie!

HI all!
I read so much about Dukan diet and it sounds all so positive. Easy, fast results, no hungry feelings...I guess I have to clean up a bit of jello desserts, bread and all things you are not supposed to have. Not that easy, its only me doing this diet and not my family. But I will prepare myself. Any tips always welcome. Feel free to add me, the more the better.
BTW good idea, to order the book "The Dukan Diet"? It seems really good if I read the reviews!

Replies

• dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Hello:),

It is a good idea to read the book before you start the diet.I , also , got the cookbook - really helps :)
    I am in my second day of attack. How about you ?

Good luck .
    Dia
  • livestrong65
    livestrong65 Posts: 37 Member
    Just started today!
  • Road_2_success
    Road_2_success Posts: 38 Member
    Great ! Good luck !
  • emilymaya16
    emilymaya16 Posts: 104 Member
    Hey livestrong and dia I'm a newbie too! :) I've just finished day 3 of attack, 2 more to go and then I can eat tomatoes!!! (I have been craving them massively!!) How are you guys finding it so far?
    Em xx
  • livestrong65
    livestrong65 Posts: 37 Member
    Hey livestrong and dia I'm a newbie too! :) I've just finished day 3 of attack, 2 more to go and then I can eat tomatoes!!! (I have been craving them massively!!) How are you guys finding it so far?
    Em xx

So far so good! Not hungry and Iove dairy,so it is a good diet for me. I miss fruit terribly though; apples, grapes, bananas.....sigh. Sixth day today, although the Dukan Diet website's personal analysis said 3 days attack but I gave it some more, because I was not really strict.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Em xx

LOL! I have been a dukanite for over 10 months and did the on line coaching... I always tell people that I was tempted to trade one of my beloved dogs for a tomato slice on the the third day of attack! Great job all you newbies!
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Em xx
    I have a week into Dukan and I lost seven pounds. I do not weight myself everyday , though. I tend to become overconfidend and screw it up . But I feel good! I am not hungry and I don't binge anymore:). Next weight in day - the following Tuesday :)
    Life is good!
  • emilymaya16
    So far so good! Not hungry and Iove dairy,so it is a good diet for me. I miss fruit terribly though; apples, grapes, bananas.....sigh. Sixth day today, although the Dukan Diet website's personal analysis said 3 days attack but I gave it some more, because I was not really strict.

I love dairy too! And chicken is soooo yummy so a good diet for me too! I make most of my sauces for food from scratch out of tomatoes and spices though so i've had to adapt this slightly for yoghurt instead of tomatoes, but tomorrow I can have tomatoes again! The Dukan website also told me 3 days in attack but I had a bit of wine (naughty I know!) so I was going to extend it by 2 days but I've decided one day will be fine as I want to get back in the gym again and I struggled today (I'm hoping the veg will give me more energy and I'll be able to do the gym normally during cruise). Tomorrow morning I'm going to have omlette with lots of veg in, and at lunch time I'm having ham and egg salad. For dinner I think I'm going to do curried chicken with broccoli.
  • emilymaya16
    LOL! I have been a dukanite for over 10 months and did the on line coaching... I always tell people that I was tempted to trade one of my beloved dogs for a tomato slice on the the third day of attack! Great job all you newbies!

That's so amazing that you've done it for 10 months! What phase are you in now? It'll be so good to have someone with experience to help! Quick question, do you know the policy on sweetcorn? I have a bag of frozen sweetcorn and I used to use it as a rice replacement when I wasn't feeling like carbs but I don't know Dukans take on it as I'm sure its a more sugary vegetable. :( Haha but yes tomatoes are my massive crave! I've already prepared my salad for lunch tomorrow and I can't wait to eat it! I weighed in today and I'm 139lbs! :D I'm so excited, I'm not entirely sure what I was before I started this as I didn't have access to reliable scales! But the last time I did have reliable scales I was 145lbs! So that's a 6lb loss and puts me below 140lbs for the first time in absolutely forever!! :D
  • emilymaya16
    I have a week into Dukan and I lost seven pounds. I do not weight myself everyday , though. I tend to become overconfidend and screw it up . But I feel good! I am not hungry and I don't binge anymore:). Next weight in day - the following Tuesday :)
    Life is good!

That's a really good loss! I think I've lost 6 but lack of reliable scales makes me a little unsure! I'm feeling good too I'm so happy that it's working for you too! I feel so unbloated :) I've resisted so much, it's bonfire night in England tonight and we went to a firework display, all my friends got burger and chips and I wanted some so badly! But instead I joined the coffee queue and got myself a skinny latte! And yesterday I walked down the crisps aisle at the supermarket by accident and all the bags of seasalt and balsamic vinegar were begging me to buy them and I resisted! I practically ran down the aisle to get away from them and grabbed some eggs instead :D
  • luzmidd
    luzmidd Posts: 154 Member
    Hi Emily... Welcome to Dukan! I've been on for 7 months now, skipped a month, then started over. Total loss of 20lb so far, only 5 more to go! But I'm taking it slow... Dukan has really changed my eating habbits, I don't even look at carbs anymore, no cravings, not for sweets or anything! Only thing I do still want is fruit, so I've made that an exception! I'm always losing weight, so I do eat fruit, about 1 every two days.

Sweetcorn is a big NO. Its high in carbs, so steer clear of it. I use cauliflower as a rice substitute. You can do the most amazing things with cauliflower... I make pizza crust from it... for rice substitute, just put cauliflower in blender, pulse for about 20 seconds, and steam... works just as well as rice with stews etc. basically no calories and it tastes good!

Good luck, feel free to add me if you have any questions!
  • emilymaya16
    Hi Emily... Welcome to Dukan! I've been on for 7 months now, skipped a month, then started over. Total loss of 20lb so far, only 5 more to go! But I'm taking it slow... Dukan has really changed my eating habbits, I don't even look at carbs anymore, no cravings, not for sweets or anything! Only thing I do still want is fruit, so I've made that an exception! I'm always losing weight, so I do eat fruit, about 1 every two days.

Sweetcorn is a big NO. Its high in carbs, so steer clear of it. I use cauliflower as a rice substitute. You can do the most amazing things with cauliflower... I make pizza crust from it... for rice substitute, just put cauliflower in blender, pulse for about 20 seconds, and steam... works just as well as rice with stews etc. basically no calories and it tastes good!

Good luck, feel free to add me if you have any questions!

Hey luzmidd!
    Wow congrats on the loss! When you stopped did you follow the consolidation and things? And did you put any weight back on? That's my main worry! That I'll work really hard to lose loads and then put it all back on again after! I've found a recipe for dukan cookies so I'm giving it a go, just got them out the oven, they're ok but I realised I read the recipe wrong and put ina teaspoon of sweetner not a tablespoon! They're not very sweet so I'm putting a dusting of sweetner on the top :P They're alright then :) Kinda wishing I could put a blob of jam on the top though!
    I thought it would probably be a no! I shall have to put it in my celebration meals in consolidation! The cauliflower sounds like a good idea! I'll give it a go! Can you give me your pizza crust recipe? I miss pizza! :P
    Em xx
  • emilymaya16
    Made my salad for tomorrow! :) Rocket, onion, tomato, cajun chicken :) I'm gna take some yoghurt to drizzle over the top and some cottage cheese for a side :) Breakfast plan for tomorrow is scrambled eggs with dry fried tomato and onion. Tomorrow night will be my big test- my first meal out on the dukan! We're going to an Indian, the reccomendation i've had is to have tandoori chicken with salad. Indian food is my all time fave so its going to be very difficult to resist all those naans, poppadoms and saucy balti currys! But I shall do my best, wish me luck fellow dukaners!
    Em xx