Trying anything new for this month's weight loss?

Options
shrooki
shrooki Posts: 32 Member
I'm up'ping my cardio!

As it exists:

1. Jog every other day for at least 2.2 miles (works out around the block that way)
2. Jump rope almost every day for 2 minutes.. 3 times a day.
3. Speedwalk 2.2 miles

What I'm adjusting:

1. No breaks on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday... and sticking to every other day for results.

Since I've joined, I've become addicted to calorie counting, and i've lost 5lbs! Anyhoo... I'm hoping this adjustment in my schedule will make things work better.

I've also just started lifting weights in my apartment gym.

Any suggestions on a good app to use to keep track of weightlifting?

Replies

• NatsukoG
    NatsukoG Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm going to try to cut out all the sugary snacks that have been creeping back into my diet that I'm sure have been the cause of a month long plateau I've had.

I'm also going to try mix up my long jobs with some speedier short runs.

Best of luck to us all.
  • NatsukoG
    NatsukoG Posts: 104
    Options

I've also just started lifting weights in my apartment gym.

My PT is always telling me you're got to lift weight if you want to shift weight :-)
  • shrooki
    shrooki Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to cut out all the sugary snacks that have been creeping back into my diet that I'm sure have been the cause of a month long plateau I've had.

I'm also going to try mix up my long jobs with some speedier short runs.

Best of luck to us all.

AHHH I know that feeling! I bought a bunch of banana's and the original cheerios. Each cup of cheerios is ONLY 100 calories, and if i just put it in front of my keyboard, i can nibble on it here and there and it keeps me satisfied for some reason.

Also, that's an awesome quote from your PT!
  • afikaris
    afikaris Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am starting my 2nd round of Insanity today!
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Gonna drastically cut back on the froyo and Jamba Juice that are almost daily "treats." Sooooo tasty, even if they leave me calorie-strapped, hungry, and craving more (and let's not talk about the energy fluctuations).

Everything in MODERATION :-/

Besides, I'm due for a good drop - clothes have been getting consistently looser!
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    1. Workout Consistency - 3x week weights, 3x week cardio
    2. Strive for 5 a day! (veggies of course), and reduce the amount of wheat I consume.
  • XjuliaXannX
    XjuliaXannX Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i just got an elliptical, so i'm going to be using that since it's right in my living room so no more "the gym is too far away" excuse. Also, i need to quit eating fast food and drinking. i'm also going to start a paleo diet
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I am just going to try to stick with my current workout routine, and eat better. Lots of Jillian Michaels, and cardio at the gym.
  • SherryAnneSW
    SherryAnneSW Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This November, to help me lose 10lbs ...
    I am going to up the intensity of my cardio workouts, maybe try interval training.
    I would like to try to cut out coffee because I use the sweet coffee creamer and too much sugar as well. Drink more green tea.
    I want to reduce my sugar intake.
    Eat more protein.
    Start lifting weight 3-4 times a week.
    And keep off the couch.
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    To lose more weight in November I am going to

*I will keep it CLEAN-only clean and nutritious foods for me! (Thanksgiving aside)
    *I will incorporate more days where I eat vegan
    *I am doing Les Mills PUMP (a weight lifting program) and I am going to increase the weights I use and the duration of my workouts!
    * I will eat more (smaller) meals each day
    *I will keep my water intake over 12 cups a day (I live in AZ so I need extra water as it is even without working out as much as I do)
    *I will look for more ways to incorporate exercise into my daily life!
  • Jerrielynn
    Options
    do y'all just count calories or also your sugar intake
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options

I count both :)
  • trishtangibbs
    trishtangibbs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Trying to do more aerobics and cardio. Looking to exercise 5 times a day for atleast an hour and a half.
    Plus looking to adding more healthy opitions to what we eat.
  • ItsGoodToHaveGoals
    ItsGoodToHaveGoals Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    More veggies & more exercise.
    The hubby and I made a pact to commit to bringing our lunches and not eating out as much. In addition I have got to remotivate myself into working out more & walking the dogs on longer walks.
  • meowkapow
    meowkapow Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Finishing off Brazil Butt Lift and starting Insanity Asylum!
  • jamiecarol84
    Options
    Starting fresh! Counting my calories like I should and eating more veggies! Cutting out pop! And also starting Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 on the 1st!
  • Jerrielynn
    Options
    That's my problem...my sugar intake is always high but calories are below what my daily intake should be
  • Jerrielynn
    Options

I count both :)
    I am always high on my sugar intake and under in my daily calories
  • jamiestracker
    Options
    More exercise!!
  • wesmith2
    wesmith2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am going to make sure I get some form of exercise every singe day BUT really hard 4-5 days a week. Eat smart every day...smaller meals....don't skip meals... Cut back drinking!