Thursday's Challenge...only for those with will-power!

Options

Replies

• emailcrystalo
    emailcrystalo Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!! My kids got SO MUCH candy! I decided to bring one of my favorite snacks with me to work today - Sugar Snap Peas! They are low calorie AND they are super filling and yummy. :-) I've got a "Happy Halloween" bag of candy on my desk staring at me thanks to some friends of mine in another department....so that's going to have to find it's way into a drawer soon. :-)
  • Cylinda30
    Cylinda30 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Love it :noway: no candy
  • MonkeeAnne
    MonkeeAnne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Our trick or treat was postponed until Saturday due to the inclement weather we received (snow on 10/30 in Ohio) from Hurricane Sandy. I will abstain from all the loot my kids get Saturday!!
  • NDavila75
    NDavila75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My son left a mini reese peanut butter cup on the bathroom counter when I woke up - CHALLENGE started early today... I put it in the freezer, chocolate talks to me though...
  • lizziej78
    lizziej78 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I did battle with myself in the candy asile at Target when choosing the candy we'd have for halloween- I really wanted the chocolate, but ended up getting something that I didn't like so that the temptation wouldn't be there to eat it. We gave our leftovers to my brother and sister-in-law who came over with their daughter to trick or treat with us. Luckily the girls are only 3, and we only went to a handful of houses, so they didn't bring back much.

I also noticed that they were super excited about the stickers and spider rings given out in lieu of candy at one house- when we got home they totally bypassed all the candy to get to the sticker pack :)
  • stephyw2001
    stephyw2001 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I can get through today with no candy since I'll be running around busy until probably 10:00 or later tonight. I did get a Biggby coffee for breakfast which has 343 calories, but that's my entire breakfast and I won't have a real dinner tonight. I have a fruit and grain bar instead. Too much running around (outside the house) to eat a dinner. Sooooo I can do without the candy, but my coffee was a mocha mocha... so I didn't go without chocolate lol. hehehehe. I still consider it a win ;-) Good luck everyone!!!
  • stephyw2001
    stephyw2001 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I also noticed that they were super excited about the stickers and spider rings given out in lieu of candy at one house- when we got home they totally bypassed all the candy to get to the sticker pack :)

That's a really good idea!!!! I wish I had thought of that.
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I've already met this challenge. I gave out candy last night. I brought the few leftovers to work (had 140 kids stop by) and gave to co-workers for their kids. So now I have no candy in the house to be tempted.
  • chaNyn613
    chaNyn613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Challenge is on. The day isn't the problem- tonight will be my problem. I will have to come up with some ideas-- work and then dd soccer practice until 8. I'm usually starving by the time I get home and those d**n minis fit so perfectly in my jacket pocket! Maybe a warm glass of vanilla milk.
  • sweetgrasswoman
    sweetgrasswoman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    challenged accepted (althought ate some mini's yesterday at work) but tonight will be harder with my 3 children- & its my third day on MFP! :indifferent:
  • goldenaurea
    Options
    Ok so I joined in today so maybe I missed the plan or guidlines on the first day (if any). It's all about eating healthy, no sweets and working out how many times a day - once twice for how long (/minutes/hrs) and we check in with each other weekly?

I'm excited and can't wait to begin!
  • Kelin
    Kelin Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I allowed myself to have 1 SMALL piece of candy yesterday. I stayed within my calorie goals. We gave all of our candy to the last kid that came to our door last night and there is not 1 piece of candy left in our house. I accept the challenege! Having zero tempation makes things wayyyyyy easier!
  • MoonGypsyQ67
    MoonGypsyQ67 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Since yesterday was a nightmare for me and I let stress take over, I decided as I got out of bed this morning that today is a new day and that I will get back on track. I am hoping that my yoga class this evening will help to keep me focused on health and guide me past any temptations around the house! Good luck to everyone!!!!
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm good. Already gotten rid of the leftovers (brought them to work) and going to let the kids sort through theirs tonight and get rid of the rest.
  • tiffanepiphany
    tiffanepiphany Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I had just one little starburst before I read this challenge, but I promise I won't touch another sweet morsel for the rest of the day!
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Reading all of your posts here, I'm really glad that trick or treating isn't as big here as it is in America! No sweeties in my house means no temptation! Although just reading all your posts about chocolate isn't helping ... maybe I should get off the thread! Haha, but well done all of you, I feel good for not having any sweets or anything today or yesterday without any temptation, it must be so hard with lots of sweets all around you!

Well done everyone so far and keep up the good work :)
  • emailcrystalo
    emailcrystalo Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!!!
  • housewivve
    Options
    This is going to be a tough one for me! We had maybe 4 trick or treaters come to our door last night so we have TONS of candy leftover! Also we took our daughter out last night thinking she would maybe get a few pieces since shes' only 1 but I guess that backfired because everybody gave her a lot!! lol I'm hiding the candy in the cupboard and hopefully on Sunday I'll remember to bring it to church to give most of it the kids! (although I will be keeping a few of my favorites for myself...but just a couple pieces! ;)
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Accepted.. however, I have an advantage... our trick or treating is not technically until Friday so i don't have a bucket full of good stuff. Plus my son has a peanut/tree nut allergy so all I bought were "safe" foods that aren't too tempting.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I didn't have any candies yesterday(I had a class and came home after 9pm) and nothing today so far. Tonight will be the real chalenge, I will try to find ways to stay away from the candy jar...

Good job everyone!!!