#1 eating secret you'd like every woman to know?

Options
2»

Replies

• AliceNov2011
    AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Eat colorful food. Run from white stuff!

YES!!!

I have a friend complaining that her doctor put her on meds to control her blood sugar... she sticks to her calorie count and is losing weight, but her meals are mostly fast food! Yikes!
  • jennm72
    jennm72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You don't have to wait until Monday or even the next day to start over if you fall off the wagon. Get back on the wagon with the very next bite you put in your mouth.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Go cold turkey on processed sugar. Once you rid yourself of that, the cravings will stop and other food will tastes so much better!
  • jolenec1
    jolenec1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but until I understood that this is a lifestyle change (a new and permenant way of living my life) and not a "diet" (temporary change, get a result, then fall back into the old habits) I was not really successful in my goals of weight loss and becoming healthy. This is not just something that happens on its own. Its a choice and a very determined conscious effort. But sooooo worth it.:flowerforyou:
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but until I understood that this is a lifestyle change (a new and permenant way of living my life) and not a "diet" (temporary change, get a result, then fall back into the old habits) I was not really successful in my goals of weight loss and becoming healthy. This is not just something that happens on its own. Its a choice and a very determined conscious effort. But sooooo worth it.:flowerforyou:

Yep-forget the word diet-it is a total lifestyle change.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Eat colorful food. Run from white stuff!
    Haha! This!
  • NCarolinaMom
    Options
    There is no secret formula or pill for weight loss. To achieve any success you have to change your eating habits permanently! Reduce portions and make healthy choices and exercise. Calories in and calories out!
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    That less calories is not always better and one should never eat below their RMR. Losing weight too fast makes you lose muscle which is bad because muscle stokes the metabolism. Slow weight loss is the best.
  • tatianna68
    tatianna68 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Positive thinking is the most important thing for me. I no longer think I can't have that, it is I don't want it. The way you think of things makes a big difference.

As for snacks in the house I buy my Boyfriend ones I don't like or want :bigsmile:
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Surround yourself with support. Family, friends, MFP friends etc. If you have people who care about you and support you, it's so much easier.
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Don't worry so much about fat intake that you increase your sugar intake by accident. I.e. fat-free foods. I used to keep my fat low and by eating so much fat-free foods I was increasing my sugar inadvertently. Now I eat no fat-free and keep sugar low.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to be tempted by it, don't buy it, don't drive thru it, don't serve it, don't order it, don't bring it into the house.

:drinker:
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    You don't have to starve to lose weight and get healthy and fit.

Yes! I know it's the most argued about part of this site, but no one needs to starve herself! Food is not the enemy--it's necessary. And you don't have to go to the gym to burn calories. Go outside and walk around. Or go in the kitchen and wash some dishes. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Just move. And eat some more.
  • juliesjuke
    juliesjuke Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just try to be very conscious of what food you put into your mouth! The old joke is "if it tastes good,spit it out!" I would not go that far.Just get rid of temptations,will help tremendously. Good luck all...
  • LookoutLisa
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels
    Really like this one, My mom says this too, and she just lost 20 pounds!
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Never use negative words about food. Present your food. Use the good china. Drink ice water from a wine glass. Make meals special. Use cloth napkins. Food is life. Give yourself to eat whatever you want. Then don't eat it every day.

Enjoy, savour and embrace eating.
  • deeschange
    deeschange Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid or ashamed to seek out professional help if you need it......

You don't have to face issues alone, there are people trained and qualified to help you. There are also people in support groups who may be going through the exact same thing as you.

You are not alone......