Where are all those Terry Pratchett lovers?

I have to say that I am a massive fan of Terry Pratchett and especially his Discworld series! I haven't finished them yet, but the ones I have read I just love!!! The first Discworld novel I ever read was 'Hogfather'.... Just brilliant!!

Who else loves Terry Pratchett??
Any favourite Characters??

My favourite would have to be Death, he's just too cool!

Replies

• debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    One of my all time favorite books is Good Omens.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Im a HUGE fan, met him once, his humour was just the same as books mentioned how at the end of summer he ties his hose pipe up neatly, and puts it in the shed then when he gets it out the next year its in a knot, whats that about. great writer!! I've read every one of his books.
  • SpankyTaz
    SpankyTaz Posts: 6 Member
    For me it has to be anything involving the City Watch - Guards! Guards!, Men at Arms, Feet of Clay, Jingo, The Fifth Elephant, Night Watch, Thud! and Snuff.

I really enjoy the range of characters, from the world weary Commander Sir Samuel Vimes to the too innocent for his own good, Captain Carrot Ironfoundersson. Throw in a misfit like Corporal Nobby Nobbs under the (oft-looking the other way) watchful eye of his Sergeant Fred Colon and you get an inkling of just how thin that blue line really is. Then of course there are all the other 'racial minorities' that now need to be included in any self-disrespecting, politically incorrect, organisation - Captain Angua von Uberwald (you'll find out), Sergeant Detritus (Troll), Sergeant Cheery Littlebottom (Dwarf), Constable Reg Shoe (Undead), Constable Dorfl (Golem), Constable Igor (Igor) and Constable Downspout (Gargoyle) to name a good few.

If you've never read many (or any) Discworld books or you think there has to be more to Ankh-Morpork than Rincewind and the Unseen University mob, I urge you to give the City Watch a go... I think you'll like them.
  • rainbowfaye
    rainbowfaye Posts: 68 Member
    I :heart: him! My fav character is Weatherwax. She's just so cool. I want to be her when I get old.
  • explodingalice
    explodingalice Posts: 158 Member
    Here! Reading 'Soul Music' at the moment, actually! :)
  • ThinWithinWin
    ThinWithinWin Posts: 5 Member
    I have to say that I am a massive fan of Terry Pratchett and especially his Discworld series! I haven't finished them yet, but the ones I have read I just love!!! The first Discworld novel I ever read was 'Hogfather'.... Just brilliant!!

OMG - I just joined this group today. Here! Here! Here is another Terry Pratchet fan. For relaxation now, I'm re-reading and almost done again with "Wyrd Sisters". I do love DiscWorld too. My other favorite Discworld is "Hogsfather". Have you read "Good Omens" that he collaborated on with Neil Gaiman? That one is brilliant.

I heard he suffers from Alzheimers now. Sad. But his work lives on and what a treasure of thoughtful fun he leaves us. Wonderful human being.

-Deb
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member

OMG - I just joined this group today. Here! Here! Here is another Terry Pratchet fan. For relaxation now, I'm re-reading and almost done again with "Wyrd Sisters". I do love DiscWorld too. My other favorite Discworld is "Hogsfather". Have you read "Good Omens" that he collaborated on with Neil Gaiman? That one is brilliant.

I heard he suffers from Alzheimers now. Sad. But his work lives on and what a treasure of thoughtful fun he leaves us. Wonderful human being.

-Deb

He does have alzhimers but is still writing, I've just finished dodger his latest one- he's also doing a lot of campaigning for 'right to die' - amazing an