Countdown: Things you least want to hear when losing weight

Options
davadoto
davadoto Posts: 105 Member
While on a diet, friends, family, colleagues are bound to issue some comment. Even when they mean well, even if useful, when losing weight, there are some things you JUST DON’T WANT TO HEAR. :explode:

So I started a list of my least favorites from bad to worst- feel free to add yours:

5-“You are looking soooooooo much better now.”
4- From a skinny person (5’6, 108 pounds): “ You are doing great! Me I’m so fat” (said while staring at some imaginary big belly and lovehandles)
3- “You have lost weight. Now you need to exercise more ‘cause you’re getting flabby”
2- “Why are you even trying? That’s just the way your body is. YOU WILL NEVER BE A THIN PERSON.”
1- "Have you gained weight?" :brokenheart:

What are the things you don't like to hear? What do you do about it?

Replies

• Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hey Red, you lost some weight? I can see your face now. (a coworker) Yeah I laughed at him.
  • MrsTyHarris
    MrsTyHarris Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ya'll got all the good ones, smh some people.... just pray for them lol... just heard one that someone said to someone else "Wouldnt it just be easier to have the surgery cause that a lotta weight and it will take you a LONNNG (way too much on that word) Time..:noway:
  • Pennhotmom
    Pennhotmom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You are cute for a big girl, you don't need to lose weight. Ugh I hate this
  • davadoto
    Options

Me too.
  • Chocolatewoman
    Chocolatewoman Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Davadoto, you listed some good ones, I can't beat those.
  • milleyea
    milleyea Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies how about this one
    My coworker looooooves to tell me that i shouldn't try to get skinny because I'll look like I "have them letters." (HIV/AIDS)

I'm 5'2 300lbs and my goal is 165lbs which is STILL OVERWEIGHT!!!

She also says she doesn't see why I'm trying to lose weight, I'm gonna gain it all back and die fat anyway...

HATER!!!!
  • soosweet1920
    soosweet1920 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The one I hate the most..."are you eating" or "don't lose no more"

I really hate when people say don't lose anymore because they are usually already a good size and fit. Like seriously its ok for you to look good but not me? GET OUT OF HERE!!
  • davadoto
    Options

My coworker looooooves to tell me that i shouldn't try to get skinny because I'll look like I "have them letters." (HIV/AIDS)

Oh dear! I haven't heard that in years! Din't think people were still so clueless and insensitive!
  • milleyea
    milleyea Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Oh dear! I haven't heard that in years! Din't think people were still so clueless and insensitive!

She's 55! :laugh:
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    - Are you really going to eat ALL OF that? I thought you were on a diet?

- Then there is the coworker who walks by my office and throws funsize candy bars at me. (This is some bull....he just did it again as I was typing!!! :noway: )

- You need to focus on spot reducing.

- Why are you lifting weights? It'll make you bulky. Just get on the treadmill.

- Don't lift heavy weights get the 5 pound weights and do high reps.
  • kchrizzy
    kchrizzy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I hate the "Yeah, about twenty years ago, I lost 25 pounds. Eventually, I gained it all back". What does that mean?
  • chcunningham
    chcunningham Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    #1.. " You have a cute face"
    #2.. " Are you eating that, I thought you were on a diet?"
  • toya316
    toya316 Posts: 137 Member
    Options

PREACH..