Monday Challenge!!

Options
It's been a week!! Can you believe it?!?! Let's share how the week went for you. What were your successes, what are you going to improve on this week? Share any & all victories with us!

For me, this past week has been about getting my head back in the game! My husband and I are both the kind of people that hardly ever say no; so we're always on the go; doing one thing or another for someone or something. I've decided that through this 50 day journey, I'm going to say yes to me and no to the other things in life that always get my attention.

We eat out A LOT because of this and instead, we made a decision to not eat out the rest of the month! We went grocery shopping and have a plan! It's going to take a lot of time planning and prepping to make that happen, but we're determined to do it! (Pray for us!)

This week my focus is on burning calories! I have to pull it out of bed super early to make that happen which isn't always the easiest task for me, but I'm going to do it!! I had a great Spin class this morning and my kids want to go swimming tonight, so that's what we're going to do! (more calorie burn!)

Have a great week-2 everyone!!

Replies

• Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Not a great weekend but my head is squarely in the game today. I'm with you on the not eating out. I cooked for four days yesterday and brought all my lunch food to work with me. I do have a sushi lunch obligation today but its easy to eat healthy there, normally is a 550 calorie lunch, high protein.

Goals today - get a solid hour in at the gym, and do a second workout at karate class tonight.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,422 Member
    Options
    I lost 4.8 lbs last week (water weight!) and weighted myself Saturday morning. Trouble happened after the weigh in. Had a fabulous breakfast of oatmeal, coffee and H2O then got busy with finishing things up, skipped lunch, blood sugar crashed and all went to heck. Tried to run in the evening but because my nutrition was so bad I could barely do anything (very frustrating because I had been making so much progress!). And guess what happened on Sunday...same stupid thing. Had a great breakfast - an egg and Bob's Red Mill 7 grain hot cerel, lots of H2O, skipped stupid lunch because we were running errands and nearly died because my blood sugar crashed yet again (it hasn't done this in a LONG time). Tried to choose wisely what would have helped it..ie low fat chocolate milk, protein etc. but by then I was too far gone. I need to keep little candies in my car for when this happens.

ANYHOW..on the plus side. The weekend is over and I can move on more educated. We go through these experiences as an opportunity to learn and grow and that I will! I should try to get exercise done early in the day rather than late and plan my meals better - think of good options to have during the day!

So now back on track and ready to reverse whatever damage I did :smile:
  • halffullpgh
    halffullpgh Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So what is the challenge?
  • tiffanepiphany
    tiffanepiphany Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This first week was great! The weekEND? Not so much. My success includes doing a fab job on my water intake and going back to the gym. The things I definitely need to work on are to: 1)Stop the self sabatoge on the weekends and 2) continue efforts to get to bed on time and get up earlier so I can do most of my workouts in the mornings.
  • kmraymond
    Options
    I had a pretty good week. I started this new journey on Tuesday, so tomorrow I will weigh in again and do some measurements. I tried really hard to stay out of my 4 y/o's candy this entire week. Yesterday was my biggest slip up day. I think I had maybe 6 fun size pieces of chocolate. :S I finally said ENOUGH! and got my booty working. I have a 4 y/o and 10 month old, so time to myself isn't something that comes easily. I did squeeze in 20 some minutes in on the treadmill while they watched a kids dvd. Then I was able to do a 30 minute cardio express when they both went down for naps and I pushed it even harder for another 40 minute workout when they went to bed at 8:30pm. I have been doing something physical every day and I can feel myself getting stronger already! This week I need to start eating more veggies and fruits. I am staying under my calories, but I could be making better choices with more clean foods. I'm determined to get down to my happy weight. :D We are all going to kill it this week! Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Cylinda30
    Cylinda30 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My weekend was not good I got on the scale this morning and gain 2 pounds. :explode:
  • emailcrystalo
    emailcrystalo Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    The challenge is to reflect on the past week and share how this week will be even better! :-)
  • NDavila75
    NDavila75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Pretty good week - discovered Kale smoothies & got some good dog walks in. I need to do better about going to the actual gym, but I discovered the Wii Fit again. Only lost a lb but I feel much healthier. I'm coming off some major medications so once that's over, I expect to be able to work out much more. Also discovered Pinterest and am excited to try some new healthy recipes. Still need to try harder to get my calories to 1500....
  • NDavila75
    NDavila75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    AND made it through the week with no CANDY :)
  • Alotalove4u
    Alotalove4u Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Well this week was good, I managed to exceed my weekly workout which is 300 min I actually did 495 and my weekly calories burned should be 2660 I did 2785, So for that reason I am excited.... Ate well all week except on the weekend our state fair was in town :sad: :noway: But for this week I want to start trying to incorprate some weight lifting into my workout. Great job to everyone else!!
  • stephyw2001
    stephyw2001 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Lost 3 lbs in the last week. I hope to keep this up!
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I lost 2.6 pounds this week - I probably could have done better if I hadn't gotten sloppy this weekend. It's hard when you have guests! But this week my goal is to go to the gym at least 3x, stay on track with my dieting (which went well for the most part last week), and drink ALL of my water every day. I'm terrible about the water this time around!

I'll work on the no eating out plan too, but the issue for us always becomes that if we don't eat out, I'm the one doing all of the work - cooking, cleaning up afterward, shopping, meal planning, etc. It becomes a part-time job for me and no work for DH. Sometimes I just don't have the energy to take that on. But it needs to be done, and will help the budget too, so we'll see.
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I stayed under my calorie goal every day, and I lost 4.75 lbs this week! Hope I can keep up the good work!

Good luck to all of you this week!!
  • lizziej78
    lizziej78 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ugh, terrible, terrible, terrible week. My whole family has been sick with a wretched chest cough, so I didn't even work out ONCE last week, not even a walk. I really need to get a workout in ASAP to get my head back in the game. I did reasonably well eating-wise. Overall, I gained .2 :((
  • lizziej78
    lizziej78 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It's been a week!! Can you believe it?!?! Let's share how the week went for you. What were your successes, what are you going to improve on this week? Share any & all victories with us!

For me, this past week has been about getting my head back in the game! My husband and I are both the kind of people that hardly ever say no; so we're always on the go; doing one thing or another for someone or something. I've decided that through this 50 day journey, I'm going to say yes to me and no to the other things in life that always get my attention.

We eat out A LOT because of this and instead, we made a decision to not eat out the rest of the month! We went grocery shopping and have a plan! It's going to take a lot of time planning and prepping to make that happen, but we're determined to do it! (Pray for us!)

This week my focus is on burning calories! I have to pull it out of bed super early to make that happen which isn't always the easiest task for me, but I'm going to do it!! I had a great Spin class this morning and my kids want to go swimming tonight, so that's what we're going to do! (more calorie burn!)

Have a great week-2 everyone!!

I love this idea of not eating out for the rest of the month! We're out to eat a LOT, and it's bad for our bidget and for our weight. Eeek- don't know if we could do it...will talk it over with the hubby tonite and see if he's game!
  • Beastmode_Betsy3
    Options
    Just joined the group today... and just began working out yesterday... I'm really excited to join and get as much encouragement as I can. I know that we all have our days and moments in which we feel as though we've failed. But I see it as an opportunity of getting stronger. I know I'm not perfect and getting back into shape is going to be one of the toughest things that I will endure, *probably worse than Marine Corps Bootcamp* But I know I can do this.. Here's to a new week and and a new beginning.. Stay positive everyone!!!
  • andriadean7171
    Options
    my challenge for myself will be to step it up in the gym and push myself a little further every day!!
  • cmbb_jenner
    Options
    Was a rough week for me finding out that I had a gluten intolerance and going thru detox but I managed to lose 3 lbs. Today I woke up feeling awesome and motivated have been on the ball all morning and I'm looking forward to my goal! Have an amazing week everyone!
  • crazyola26
    crazyola26 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I had a fairly good week, but Saturday I had a "free day" and hubby and I ate whatever we wanted basically, and then yesterday I did a little bit better but I still didn't stay within my calories. My goal for this week is to LOG EVERYTHING and MEASURE IT OUT (I run into trouble when I start trying to eyeball things!) and my lower back is starting to feel somewhat better so I am going to try to get in a couple of walks, even if they are slow. I love the idea of not eating out; it's becoming tradition that hubby and I eat out after work with my boss and some friends, maybe we can make a rule of no eating out on the weekends since that's on Wednesdays. Or, making a rule of eating out only one time per week. I'll ask him about it tonight!
  • emailcrystalo
    emailcrystalo Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! Even those of you that had a rough weekend, it's nice to hear all your positivity and plans for this week! One thing I LOVE about a weight loss/fitness journey is that every day is a fresh start! Make the most out of everyday and take it one day at a time. Personally, I get overwhelmed and want to give up when I look at how far I need to go - but when I focus on the day and stick to my plan I feel like I can take on the world!

I'm gald so many of you may join me on my "eating at home" venture! Trust me, it's not going to be easy! With three kids running around, being tired from a full day of work and then looking at all those dishes - I'd MUCH rather pay someone to make and bring me my food. :-) But my bank account will be thankful too!! Bonus points all around! :-)