Well I got out of the 190's, the wrong damn way!

Options
I can not believe myself. February 16th of 2012 I was down to 193 pounds and on my way to finally getting out of the 190's club that I accidentally joined unknowingly last winter when I stopped MFP-ing for a few months during the holidays (mistake #1). The scale was going back down and I was motivated and then BAM. Work got stressful, and I mean WAY stressful. Our Foster Care Program Manager let us know she would be leaving at the end of March, and I was informed that it was on me to run Foster Care until a suitable replacement was found. In the craziness, I stopped logging into MFP (mistake #2)

Now I love a good challenge, I really do, and at first it was actually exciting and fun. If you've ever worked with foster youth, you know EXACTLY what I mean. We eventually found a new manager who started in May and I was happy to hand her the reigns. However, the agency budget for the year was showing us at a loss for the fiscal year and the Executive Director was not in the best of moods from June until, well, probably about mid-August. She and I normally get along amazingly, but this summer I felt like she was a different person. I began looking for other jobs and tried to just stay out of her way until she felt better. Oh, and I guess I began eating my feelings about it (mistake #3).

Once things felt like they were evening back out slowly at work, I finally decided to hop on a scale and log into MFP again. August 18, 2012 I looked down at my feet and completely freaked out. I weighed 210! This was heavier than I had EVER been in my life, including my pregnancy almost 5 years ago! Wake up call for sure!

So I did what I knew would work. I began logging back into MFP every day. I began eating normal portions again, which does not include a 4th meal in the evening, I started running 1-2 times a week, and I began drinking water again like a normal person.

These past two months have been tough, but I am down 17 pounds to 193 (where I was back in February) and I am still happily motivated. I just need to stick with what works, and MFP works for me when I do it. I only gain weight when I stop logging for months at a time. Lesson learned.

Replies

• chmiddleton
    chmiddleton Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It's amazing what stress will do to us! I'm glad you are back on track!