Introduce Yourself

Options
13»

Replies

• Bunkster1
    Options
    Lobbyist/Kimmie Sue - one of my best friends was just diagnosed with Grave's Disease. I want to do something for her. Any ideas?
  • KimmieSue2011
    KimmieSue2011 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hmm. As far as lifelong diseases go, Graves isn't that bad. As long as you take your meds (or get thyroid zapped and take different meds) you are probably on the whole fine. I was pretty bummed about it at first because I thought of myself as so young and healthy and here was evidence that I wasn't really.

But what a nice thought for your friend! I would NOT get Graves books, a lot of them are kind of out there pseudo-science. Maybe women's health/fitness magazines or some sort of fruit basket?? I'm not the best at this. The people at Corporette always recommend such clever and sweet gifts but I can't think of any now.

Nice to meet you!
  • AlisalGal
    AlisalGal Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm a devoted lurker on Corporette, rarely a commenter (under another name). I just signed up, weighed in and measured, wept a few tears and talked myself out of the resulting shame and self-flagellation, and have determined to carry on. I was having pretty decent but slow progress on Weight Watchers. But I'm re-prioritizing my budget and want to spend the WW money on my classes at my favorite yoga studio, so have decided to join here. I'm looking forward to success and positive interaction with all of you!
  • Dino924
    Dino924 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've been an on/off corporette reader for about a year and a half, I post occasionally under various names. I came across corporette towards the end of law school when googling interview advice.

Fairly easily maintained a happy weight in college and law school (had occasional semester or so where I was a few pounds heavier, and some semesters when I was I was "ecstatic" weight). Two months after the bar exam poof gained 8 pounds. so that was a year and half ago, since then I've been making a half hearted attempt to lose it. I know I'm just not fully motivated to buckle down yet, but I try to track.

I joined MFP about two years ago when a friend was using it to get in shape for her wedding, but I only started utilizing the community here a few months ago.
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I see that there are bunch of Corporettes here - I just learned about the blog recently from a law school friend of mine, and haven't had a chance to get into it yet. I stumbled upon this group and it seems like it would be a good crew to join! I am a lawyer, I've been in practice for about six years. Just moved from DC to San Francisco. I have a little kid, and work hard to balance work, parenting, exercise and healthy eating, though I've been pretty committed for the last six months to a solid workout routine. Feel free to add me as a friend; looking forward to "meeting" you all.
  • kittenheeled
    Options
    Hi everyone, I read Corporette every day but only post once in a while. I graduated from law school last year, after having gone straight through from undergrad. I gained the freshman 15 in undergrad and another 15 in law school, I am now finally ready to drop those extra pounds. Hoping this group will help keep me accountable for my fitness goals- I'd like to run more and find it hard to make time while working in BigLaw. I also joined weight watchers this month and have lost 1-2 pounds but haven't been working out much. Feel free to add me as a friend- hoping we can motivate each other!