My biggest hurdle in reaching 10 lb's is...

Options
2»

Replies

• beccaredE
    beccaredE Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My biggest hurdle is the instant pleasure that eating gives me. Yes I know that I will regret that cookie or piece of candy later, but for a flitting second that I am consuming the sweet, it tastes so good! I will always love sweets. So I just need to find healthier food for the instant bliss, and/or need to find other things that make me feel good that I won't regret.
  • Jewlz411
    Jewlz411 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My biggest hurdles in losing 10lbs is time management... meaning finding the time to get in more exercise during the day. Also, snacking, sometimes not even realizing that I am snacking. I'm trying to find better things to snack on & drinking more water.
  • eckabad
    eckabad Posts: 49
    Options
    I have a couple.
    1. Family Vacation for our family happens in November. and unfortunately family vacation also means vacation from any kind of diet.

2. I have the AWEFUL habbit of snacking while watching TV or movies. Watching TV and movies is what I do to relax in the evenings in my 48 hour work weeks. Anything from popcorn, to sun flower seeds, to (recently with halloween) Candy, to some nights even a full second dinner! Usually when I think about it I KNOW that I'm not hungry, but it's such an addiction, that If I don't I get anxious, and restless... This HAS to stop! ... but like any addiction, It's just not that easy.

However, I have a wedding coming up next year, and with 90 lbs to loose to be at a healthy weight (according to Doc.) I am determined. :) Good luck to everyone!
  • goofy1975
    Options
    Join the club! I know all the things I have to do to loose the weight, just need to be more consistant and have a little support!
  • ilakillian
    ilakillian Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem is I love food lol and I hate excercise ugg
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I travel a lot with my kids in hockey. I need to pack lunches and eat them instead of eating out.

ME TOO! I have eliminated the eating out with careful planning, but I go right from work to feeding them at grandpas house (we live out of town) then spend 2 hours running from the hockey arena to the basketball court.... when we get home (never before 8), they are hungry again! So I usually make them oatmeal or cream of wheat -- somehow I end up wanting to eat twice also! Then to do all the "at home mom stuff" , ,, ,puts my workouts to 10:00 if I am lucky.
  • amandajunemt
    Options
    EVENINGS!!! I do really well all day long and at night I have a couple vices that I just have to get a handle on but at night my stresses from the day come to a head, i am starving for dinner and I can't control myself. Don't get me wrong, it isn't like i dive into cake or a jar of cookies but I will cut off cheese, or peanut butter by the spoonfull occasionally a spoon or 3 of ice cream at worst but these things add up and I never count them. yesterday was my first day post pregnancy NO POP and no chocolate.... 2 down, 3 to go. :glasses:

OH and getting to the DAMN GYM!! If I don't get there by Friday this week I might just go CRAZY!

These are my weight loss problems exactly. Making it through the evening without noshing is often my biggest weight loss success of the day! Good luck to you :smile:
  • titanium2012
    Options
    My morning workouts are my biggest hurdle as it is dark and cold for them now, but if I don't do it in the morning the workouts won't happen. Aiming for minimum 5 morning a week if not more :happy:

I agree. The cold weather has especially bothered me this week. I bought some new sweats that will hopefully keep me warmer than my shorts and t-shirts, but it will be a struggle.

I think this group will really help me stay committed throughout the month!
  • emilybeatrice1
    emilybeatrice1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Evenings.... and the weekends.
  • XjuliaXannX
    XjuliaXannX Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    ugh. eating. and drinking. and portion sizes.
  • lizapettit
    lizapettit Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Staying on track on the weekends...I do great during the week when my day is structured but the weekends are tough with get togethers, going out to eat, etc. Thanksgiving will also be a challenge as it's one of my favorite holidays so I plan to do lots of working out before and after so I can indulge a little. Game on....goodbye 10 lbs!!!!

Uggh, me too! It's not so much the weekends in general as it is the activities that take place on the weekends! It's bonfire weather here in the south and what do we do at a bonfire? Grill ribs, roast s'mores, and drink booze!

Going out with friends/family to restaurants is hard too because I don't like to make a big deal out of the fact that I'm trying to lose weight. But when I politely decline food/drink, I get responses like "you can have just a few bites of desert!" or "you can have one margarita!" NO, NO, NO I can't because a few bites of this and a few drinks of that is what got me into this mess :laugh:
  • trishtangibbs
    trishtangibbs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My biggest hurdle is staying consistent. I know what I need to do, but it is a matter of doing it on a consistent level.

Mine is the same. Its time to focus.
  • HopeRamona00
    Options
    my biggest hurdle is getting enough protein in for the day! i know if i dont get enough early in my day im going to overeat on chips or some other type of snack
  • Mrsmartin61
    Options
    Baking goodies will have to take a reduction in my house this season. I will try to use a splenda baking substitute for some of the necessary cookies and turnovers.

I will focus on my least favorite pies -- and like last year cut some of the excess with the big day Thanksgiving Dinner; making sure everyone takes home with them the leftovers. And insist on getting outdoors for long walks (which is easy enough with six dogs always ready to run!).

:wink:
  • kamiAK
    kamiAK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    wanting to snack late night, being motivated to exercise, planing meals out ahead of time.
  • chc831
    Options
    My biggest hurdle is that I don't think I can actually lose the weight. I have not been below 120 lbs since undergrad (where I ranged from 100-115 lbs). I miss my old body and am tired of being labeled "that cute chubby girl." Even my personal trainer says that it's impossible for me to get back to that weight; very disheartening.
  • missvixxen
    missvixxen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    November being my Birthday month presents a challenge because everyone wants to take me out for dinner and drinks. I'm going to have to order healthy at restaurants and god knows, I HATE THAT.