Loosing Motivation!!

Options
I need to re-group and strategize my battle plan again...... I've lost my training partner, her hours have changed for work etc and we can't accomodate each others schedules any longer :(

I am training alone and although I'm fine with that... I am no longer intimidated by the gym or the gym rats ;) I miss my friend........we pushed each other, we are both very competitive that way.

So... as this group tends to be eerily (sp?) quiet.... I thought I'd post this and see if I can generate something... anything!! LOL

Help motivate me again!!! I am still following my 40/40/20 diet plan and I have been seeing plenty of great results....... but, I have not set foot in my gym in 6 days now... :(

Replies

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Then if you have the time this evening you must go! Visualise the goal and know that you will not achieve it if you don't put the time in.
  • wjranch
    wjranch Posts: 152
    Options
    Thanks for the response... Read it... Heed it! LOL On my way to the gym in 10 mins!! :)
  • darrensurrey
    Options
    Thanks for the response... Read it... Heed it! LOL On my way to the gym in 10 mins!! :)

Nice going. Remember to add it to your exercise diary!
  • wjranch
    wjranch Posts: 152
    Options
    Done and Done!! :)

I changed up my workouts .........again.......LOL back to "splits" and cardio......... worked before, but, I change things up every couple months or so..... I had been in a rut of sorts...

Thanks again (y)
  • darrensurrey
    Options
    Done and Done!! :)

I changed up my workouts .........again.......LOL back to "splits" and cardio......... worked before, but, I change things up every couple months or so..... I had been in a rut of sorts...

Thanks again (y)

RAAaaAaaaAaaR! :-D

I think it's good to swap out exercises every now and then. New challenges keep you interested. Started doing dumbbell clean and press. On one day I do it with heavy weight for a proper strength workout. On the second training day that week, I use a lighter weight and do higher reps for a cardio workout.
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to find a new groove as well... I am going to try cross fit .... It is better for you body if you don't get complasent and try new things... plus it confuses muscle groups. IDK look into some new classes :-)
  • ritchiec01
    Options
    Training is " You vs. You" It's like waking up in the morning. It must be done. Once you realize that it's not a option you will succeed in what you are trying to do.
  • Kamalka
    Kamalka Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have been giving up so many times...so now I try another strategy : not change to the plan under any circumstancesfor the abs. I do my abs workout every 2 days until end of march and only then I will change this strategy if it does not bring benefits. Rest day or not, if I did not do abs the day before, I will do them on that day.

For the cardio, I try a challenge: beat a record from previous weeks (distance, number of session, total time, calories burned), I do my best to beat one of those. I plan to weight-lift, swim or run about 5 times/week until March but I am flexible on that (start small injuries, no energy, etc.)...the activity is decided in the morning: if my legs are ok and weather is fine, I run for 20 km or 45 min with high intervals (30 sec top speed, 30 sec low speed) if no time, if my arms/shoulders feel better than my legs, I go for 3-4 km of swim (I am proud of this new record from lat week) and generally go to the gym 2 days/week. All sessions are generally about 2h, abs 5-8 minutes

Might be too much, might not be ideal, I just want to follow a program continuously for a few months once in my life. If I don't have my 6 pack yet is because I did not stick to my diet because I did not stick to sport...sticking to my program is sticking to my diet. So rather I post my 6 pack photo in 5 months or it will be a new program :)