Healthy Snacks

Options
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any good healthy snack recommendations for mid morning and mid afternoon. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Tori

Replies

• radargal
    Options
    I generally make my mid-morning snack an apple or an orange since I don't eat fruit after 2:00. Greek yogurt (1/2 cup) with strawberries and blueberries is also a great morning snack. For convenience, I sometimes pack a single serving of applesauce (unsweetened) or cottage cheese (lowfat).
  • lawandabradley
    lawandabradley Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm eating fruit and cheddar cheese rice cake snacks. But I am looking for something different. I've been eating this for a while now, and I'm ready for a change.
  • tgsfechter
    tgsfechter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! I actually was checking my e-mail this morning. There was an article e-mailed to me entitled "20 Snacks Under 200 Calories". Here is the link to the article...

http://www.everydayhealth.com/diet-and-nutrition-pictures/snacks-under-200-calories.aspx?xid=nl_EverydayHealthWomensHealth_20121106#/slide-1
  • exWHYzee1337
    Options
    dont know how healthy but I eat beef jerky lol
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I always include protein in every snack or meal.. almonds and a string cheese, greek yogurt with blueberries and flaxseed! The list goes on! Guacamole or hummus with veggies or light rye crisps!
  • ChasingAmyLiz
    ChasingAmyLiz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've found that SuperHummus (made with soybeans) is a great low calorie hummus. I eat it with veggies or spread on a whole wheat tortilla stuffed with veggies.

I will also eat yogurt with some Kashi GoLean ceral mixed in (about 1/4 cup).

And of course fresh fruit is always a great option. But make sure to add a serving of cheese to get that protein in.