Is anyone else hungry?

Options
meckiemelt
meckiemelt Posts: 27 Member
I am starving! I am guessing this is normal. I am about to eat another salad. Am I the only one.

Replies

• Marisa1184
    Options
    I'm soooo trying to resist having a slice of pie right now!
  • meckiemelt
    meckiemelt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm soooo trying to resist having a slice of pie right now!
    We have both cake and pie here left over. It has been hard I wish my family would just finish it off. Be strong I know you can do it! It will be much sweeter seeing your awesome weight loss in 15 days.
  • Marisa1184
    Options
    So true! I decided to eat some vegetables to get my mind off the pie
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Options
    I normally eat a lot of protein. That keeps me full.
  • nenamartinez
    nenamartinez Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I haven't been that hungry on the diet, but I'm having a hard time breaking my habit of stress-eating and emotional-eating. I've been having a really stressful time at work. The next 2 weeks will be the most stressful of the year.. but I really don't want to get off track!!

I just have to keep logging into MFP and looking at the boards when I feel out of control.. definitely..
  • MsCyone
    MsCyone Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're actually hungry and not just wanting something, make sure you are eating enough protein as free veggies
  • mimipetty
    mimipetty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are not supposed to be hungry on this diet.
    I get bored though eating the same foods all the time.
    I do feel a lot like you though....guess i'll have another salad.
    Maybe steam some vegetables for something different.
    Good luck.
  • kristynchantalle
    Options
    I don't find I am hungry because unlike other diets where you may run out of points, calories or food for the day, with the 17DD you have unlimited vegetables and protein. I do however get bored and would much rather eat a bag of chips with my husband who can eat everything and not gain a LB.

I have found with this diet it is more what you do not eat than what you do. If I was not doing the 17 DD I would snack every night and I can assure you it would not be vegetables. I would have some popcorn or chips and a pop. Where as I will drink only water and either have veggies or pass on the snack entirely.

When I did this diet before getting pregnant I was extremely successful, I lost 40 Lbs in 9 weeks following the cycles and running on the treadmill daily for 45-60 minutes! Now I am losing the baby weight, lost 30 on my own, joined MFP and restarted 17DD to lose my last 25 LBS!

Good luck and stick with it, I have worked at weight loss clinics, and tried many other diets, this one is restricting however the results are fast and you can do anything for 17 days. I also was able to maintain very easily before getting pregnant!
  • m1sk4
    m1sk4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started 17DD 5 days ago and haven't been hungry since.... I'm eating five times a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks) and I always have a huge portion of vegetables with my chicken or tuna. Today at 6pm I had one tuna can with vegies and Im still feeling full... It is good to change the types of vegetables you eat and try to prepare different dish every day so it is not so boring... I dont know why but Im feeling better than I had before when I was eating all the sugars... :) And I've already lost 7 pounds! :)
  • dindirindina
    dindirindina Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't find I am hungry because unlike other diets where you may run out of points, calories or food for the day, with the 17DD you have unlimited vegetables and protein. I do however get bored and would much rather eat a bag of chips with my husband who can eat everything and not gain a LB.

I have found with this diet it is more what you do not eat than what you do. If I was not doing the 17 DD I would snack every night and I can assure you it would not be vegetables. I would have some popcorn or chips and a pop. Where as I will drink only water and either have veggies or pass on the snack entirely.

When I did this diet before getting pregnant I was extremely successful, I lost 40 Lbs in 9 weeks following the cycles and running on the treadmill daily for 45-60 minutes! Now I am losing the baby weight, lost 30 on my own, joined MFP and restarted 17DD to lose my last 25 LBS!

Good luck and stick with it, I have worked at weight loss clinics, and tried many other diets, this one is restricting however the results are fast and you can do anything for 17 days. I also was able to maintain very easily before getting pregnant!

So you had to stop the diet in pregnancy? Couldn't find an answer to whether it is allowed anywhere...
  • djmom1984
    djmom1984 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I focus on a protein and a veg every two hours. Since I started, I've lost 6 lbs.
    My husband, who eats whatever he wants but is watching me, has also lost 6 lbs.