Just Started this Week (11-4-12)

Options
I finally received my Chalean Extreme set this past weekend, and I did the first workout on Sunday, November 4.

Burn Intervals (last night) nearly killed me, but I finished it! My legs were so wobbly afterward, and my shoulders are nice and sore today.

Glad to find a group to stay motivated and ask questions and celebrate when I finish :smile:

Replies

• earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you're enjoying it! Mine arrived in the mail today, I can't wait to start it!
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you enjoyed it. I love this program! I am on my last week of the lean phase and can't believe that it has been 3 months...time just flew by. My body has changed a lot..especially arms and shoulders and I love the feeling of getting stronger and stronger.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    My shoulders are sore today from Burn 3! I liked that workout. I love working my shoulders.
  • chojolitos
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!
    Welcome to the CXL group:love:
    You are going to love this program!!!
    I'm in the second week of Lean phase:drinker:
    Feel free to aks any questions??
    This group is very active>
    Best Regards ,
    Vio
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My shoulders are sore today from Burn 3! I liked that workout. I love working my shoulders.

Then you are so gonna love how they look at the end!! Mine really started looking pretty awesome when I was about a week into Lean.
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    My husband and I will start week 2 of lean phase tomorrow. I absolutely love it, loving the strength I'm gaining and the look I'm getting. I'll continue to incorporate the lifting in my routine but switch up my cardio.
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have one more week to go in the LEAN phase and while I like the definition n my shoulders I"m not crazy about this phase...I liked the BURN phase more....it's a great program though...
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    Yesterday should have been Burn Circuit 1, but I was dead tired and skipped a workout altogether. I will do it tonight and just swap the rest day with the Burn Circuit 1 day.
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm in PUSH and finishing my last week before hitting Lean next week. These are by far my favorite workouts..well okay Intervals and Burn it off - I am tired of, wish there was a bigger cardio variety...but still. :flowerforyou:
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    The last thing I wanted to do when I finally got last night was work out! But I did Burn Circuit 1 and was happy that I did.
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    On week 3 of Burn. This is my second round of CLX. (first was last January) I suppose you could say I liked it since I am doing it again. :flowerforyou:
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    Just did day #10 yesterday (Burn Circuit 2) :tongue:
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Just did day #10 yesterday (Burn Circuit 2) :tongue:
    Great job, keep it up!!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    Thank you!

Last night I did Burn Intervals and Ab Burner (day #11). I like Burn Intervals. It goes by quickly because of switching from cardio to weights.
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm in PUSH and finishing my last week before hitting Lean next week. These are by far my favorite workouts..well okay Intervals and Burn it off - I am tired of, wish there was a bigger cardio variety...but still. :flowerforyou:

I'm starting over after an ankle injury and just finished my first week of Burn. I only made it three weeks in before the injury. *sigh* My biggest fear going forward is that I will dread the Burn Intervals and Burn it Off because you do them so often. I'm going to sub in running or some Turbo Jam workouts. I think Punch, Kick, and Jam would be a perfect substitute. And it's my personal favorite ;)
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    I've decided that my back just can't hack all the bent-over exercises that Chalean does in Burn 1 and Burn 2. I'm going to substitute one of my other weight training DVDs for those days. I'm glad I got a really good deal on Chalean Extreme, because I'm somewhat disappointed in it. I like her and I like the concept of lifting heavy, but I can't stand the specific exercises she does. They are killing my back! I haven't had that issue with my other weight training workouts.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    After being sick over Thanksgiving (how fun!), I modified the Burn schedule a bit last week and am starting my last week of Burn :tongue:
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've decided that my back just can't hack all the bent-over exercises that Chalean does in Burn 1 and Burn 2. I'm going to substitute one of my other weight training DVDs for those days. I'm glad I got a really good deal on Chalean Extreme, because I'm somewhat disappointed in it. I like her and I like the concept of lifting heavy, but I can't stand the specific exercises she does. They are killing my back! I haven't had that issue with my other weight training workouts.

My back hurt initially but I realized mine was due to a weak back. It has abated as I have gained strength. You could also stand up a bit straighter and not bend over as much. That helped as well.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    I can't believe I am almost finished with the Burn phase already! I am in the last week. Burn Phase 3 is my favorite, because I love working my shoulders. I also really like the Burn Intervals workout.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    I did my first day of the Push phase yesterday and hauled out my boyfriend's 25 pound dumbbells for the squats. I definitely felt yesterday's workout!