Celebrating a healing metabolism...

Options
2»

Replies

• amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    So encouraging! I have not yet come to terms with eating more (past ED) and still am on what is considered "low calorie" (though it is over twice what I used to eat), but just being apart of this group has helped. I am a bit less militant about getting the EXACT reading on the food scale and I don't worry about logging little tastes here and there (in my ED days I had an entire mental meltdown on the floor of my kitchen because I ate ONE piece of shrimp from a cocktail [without sauce] thing my mom bought and the label only showed for with sauce. I wasn't able to find the calorie amount for that ONE shrimp and I had a full blown panic-attack-meltdown-crying-fit-tantrum. Dark days.) So I have mentally/emotionally healed a bit :)
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    So encouraging! I have not yet come to terms with eating more (past ED) and still am on what is considered "low calorie" (though it is over twice what I used to eat), but just being apart of this group has helped. I am a bit less militant about getting the EXACT reading on the food scale and I don't worry about logging little tastes here and there (in my ED days I had an entire mental meltdown on the floor of my kitchen because I ate ONE piece of shrimp from a cocktail [without sauce] thing my mom bought and the label only showed for with sauce. I wasn't able to find the calorie amount for that ONE shrimp and I had a full blown panic-attack-meltdown-crying-fit-tantrum. Dark days.) So I have mentally/emotionally healed a bit :)

That's awesome that you are working towards healing! It can take time to get to the point where you can comfortably eat at the level you should be but I encourage you to keep working towards it. You are doing great so far! Every little NSV is one more step in the process. :happy: