We Are Proverbs 31 Women...

Options
AmberJo1984
AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
Welcome to the group. My name is Amber.

I am a member of a couple of Christian groups on MFP already; but, I have never seen one for women only. Therefore, I thought I would create one. :happy: Sometimes, it's good to just be able to fellowship with each other as a way to share and grow. I believe it's important to do this... considering women and men do not always have the same struggles.

I look forward to getting to know everyone in the group... as well as learning from many of you.

Since we're all here (mainly) to lose weight and get healthy, I thought I would share the following....
28s81gk.png

Replies

• mamaward64
    mamaward64 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi so glad to be a part of a kick off of a new group of like minded, Christ like, spirit filled women.
    My name is Kathy, I am a backslidden born again believer in my Lord and SAviour Jesus Christ. I am struggling with a marijuana and alcohol addiction and I know God forgives me for this .I have been saved since 1998 but never fully lived for God in all those years. I am a wife, mother, grandmother. I work full time and struggle with confidence. I sure hope to be able to get involved and form friendships within the group.:flowerforyou:
  • Riotgirl0310
    Riotgirl0310 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined fitnesspal a few days ago! I am so happy to have found this group. I see that it is new and I'm looking forward to being part of it. I just wanted to introduce myself =)

I am a homeschooling mom of three ages 7, 5, and 1. I am a "Live Out Loud" kind of christian. I have been an Episcopalian for as long as I can remember. I am trying to be the best example that I can for others and for my family. Thanks for letting me join your group! I look forward to getting to know you!! =)
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi Amber: Thank you for creating this group. I really need this right now, as u know.......I was involved in a group at church, but due to the developments in my life right now, this is wonderful........You know all about me so I wont go into detail......xxxxxxxxx
  • kitra37
    kitra37 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am glad that this group is here. I've been working on losing weight for the past couple years, and its great to have a community of Christian women that is committed to doing the same. I love the proverbs 31 passage, it is beautiful. God Bless.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Such an awesome idea! :heart:
  • lostgurl55
    lostgurl55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I recently gave my life to Jesus. Completely! 100%. I gave him my weight, my health, and everything inbetween. Since, the 7th of this month I have set a menu and exercise program into motion that I am sticking too. Before, I would not have been able to do this. Now, with the LORD's help, it just seem so easy...strange I was looking at a post from you last night and was looking to add you as a friend, then I found this site. What a blessing. Beverley
  • raebar01
    raebar01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing Proverbs 31:17 above. Thank you for this group. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
  • christin623
    christin623 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Christin. I am a 30 year old mother of 3 boys! I need to lose 60-70 pounds to be healthy and energetic for my family. I have just recently joined this site and would love to do this with the support of other women. Sisters in Christ!
  • kbmomof3
    Options
    Hi there. I just joined MFP a few days ago and am hoping that keeping a food journal will really help me end the vicious cycle of gaining and losing I have been on. I love the scripture used for this group and am excited to share this journey with other sisters in Christ.
    About me: I work part time at my church, mostly a SAHM of my 3 kids ages 13, 11, 9. I am also trying to complete an online program to do medical transcription, but that is slow going for now.
  • elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your starting this group. I have been using this site since Sept. and it's really helped me stay accountable. I don't have many MFP "friends" and would be happy to add some new ones and sisters in Christ - an added bonus for sure!
  • SarahJane139
    SarahJane139 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What a great idea for a group! I just knew it was meant for me based on the name. One of my favorite verses is

"she is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come" Proverbs 31:25

We have to let go of the weight of the past in order to laugh at the future. God blesses our efforts to take care of the body he blessed us with.
  • shelleyspots
    Options
    Hi: I'm Shelley, 51 year old mother of 4 teens. Two in college, 1 home-schooling, 1 in Christian school. I am also a business owner, where I teach pottery classes. I've been overweight all my life basically, and now I'm finally getting it. God has opened my eyes and changed my heart about eating and I'm free from the sin of gluttony! I would love to share what I've learned with other Christian women and get support here too. A lot of the boards are worldly and some downright dirty. I plan on checking in here often to see how others are doing. Feel free to friend me, as my diary is open and I post a lot about my spiritual journey. God's blessings on you all as you strive to be true disciples, free from idolatry!
  • MightyStream
    MightyStream Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    you can do it, one day at a time sis!
  • katelynandamanda
    Options
    I'm a mother of two girls, 2yrs. 10 months and 14 months old. I was over 200 lbs when I gave birth to them and have gained 60 lbs this past year. I know I need to get in shape because they are running circles around me..lol! I'm new to MFP and love it! I also am doing a group at church with other women. We follow the Daniel Plan. It is a great plan and website. I recommend you all look at it! I'm glad I have support because I think that is what I was lacking. I'm also slowly giving my weight gain and loss yo-yo-ing to God! I don't want to lose and then gain it all back and more which I've done this past year. I want it to be gone for good! I feel like I'm finally in the right place in my life to keep it off! Thank you Jesus and thank you all!!!