Any other half-marathoners in MD?

Options
bshedwick
bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
Hey all! I just finished my first 13.1 on Sunday at the Frederick Half Marathon.

I'm looking to see if there are any other folks in MD.

Replies

• mailinator
    mailinator Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ran the Frederick HM this year, too. But how did you like the surface of the horsetrack during that final mile :-P Otherwise, quite a well-organized and fun race.

MD is rich with HMs. I've done 9 different HMs in MD and that's not even 50% of them! The only one I would caution against is Baltimore. Ooh, what a bad experience.
  • wonderstruck91
    wonderstruck91 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Me! Well, I am a future half-er. I am training for the Columbia IronGirl half in April!
  • ChrisC8181
    ChrisC8181 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm training for one in Reston next March but I know there are tons in MD..check out Montgomery County Road Runners Club - great club with TONS of races, I think they have a few half and full marathons.
  • mailinator
    mailinator Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just looked at the Reston HM and that price ($85 for early registration) is screamingly high for a HM in the DC area. Here's a link to my list of HM prices that justifies my assertion.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mailinator/view/cost-of-half-marathons-2012-445093

This is the first time I've posted a blog or link here; my apologies if I did it wrong :-P

The web page for the Reston HM also says it will run on the same course as the marathon but the HM starts a half hour later. That shows inexperience on their part as it means marathoners will have to weave through any HMers running at a slower pace. (They should start both races at the same time to minimize passing.)
  • rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am signed up for the Frederick half this May. Husband is as well. Husband did it a few years ago. They still have people finishing on the horse track??? OH please don't be muddy this year!!!!!!!!!