62~~ new to groups on MFP

Options
ToniG50
ToniG50 Posts: 9 Member
Hi!
I have been logging my food here for about 80 days and thought it was time to meet some people in my age group and socialize a bit while I loose weight. Have lost 13.4 # so far and as my Cardiologists says......"You have some more to go, but great work" ...

I live in CT. I am still working , have a rescue "pup" and 2 parrots. Married to the cutest guy in the world.

Toni

Replies

• CPAUTISM24
    CPAUTISM24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Toni! I live in Florida, I am 61 and married to the most wonderful husband ever. I have not been doing this program very long. I only have about 20 pounds to lose, but gosh, it is so difficult. I stick to the program, and I enjoy it. I do like being accountable for what I do! Stay in touch my friend! Bev:flowerforyou:
  • Fancyfit
    Options
    Sounds like you are very dedicated. Good job so far. We're glad to have you join us. I did very good the first time I started logging with MFP then I stopped and lost my direction. I'm back and as you will see I struggle but, I am working hard to get it right once again.
  • CPAUTISM24
    CPAUTISM24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    When it becomes a way of life, and you make yourself accountable, it just becomes part of you! I like it because I can have my "snitches" without snitching. I can enjoy what I want.....in moderation and withing my calories........YOU can do this!:flowerforyou:
  • Lillyotvly49
    Lillyotvly49 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am new to groups, over 60, been doing MFP for a while & had some success. My goal for the holidays was just to maintain & not gain any weight back. I am happy to say I did it. Now that they are over for me I can get serious once again. Anyone out there in this age group who would like to be friends for mutual support add me. Good luck everyone!
  • kenna44cat
    kenna44cat Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It's wonderful to maintain over the holidays, Lilly. I don't know how I've done as I gave away my scale a couple months ago but I probably gained about 7 pounds, I'm thinking. I'll have to get back to the gym and weigh myself there. Congratulations on a great attitude. I'd love to hang around here and hope this group becomes more active in the new year.
  • Lillyotvly49
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. I hope this group gets more active. It is nice to,be in a group of a similar age. It is easier to relate & share common goals. I did manage to keep the weight off & lost 1/2 pound. I did not deny myself goodies, but did log in every day to keep,track even when I went over a little. I think the accountability is what saved me. The program is so easy to use. I really enjoy it?
  • Renee2743
    Renee2743 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Renee and I am 63. Lost weight using this program but I have strayed. I have had some physical issues this fall which have been healing, so I will start back today. I live in Kentucky with my husband (who is thin), 2 horses and 1 dog. We trail ride alot when the weather is good. Hope you are successful in your weight loss. It's a new year.
  • reeldove
    Options
    Have been going to the gym since October to handle orthopedic and neuro issues with back, legs, neck, etc. Am 61-years-old and working full time. Retirement is years away but sitting all day is doing me in. Also have celiac disease which requires a gluten-free diet. Hard to stay focused on losing weight and staying fit when I'm tired and not feeling well but going to give it more of a go this year.
  • Lillyotvly49
    Options
    Today I decided to add a couple goals to my efforts. 1) No snacking after 9 PM 2) No TV after 10:30 PM (as this is when snacks call out my name). In bed with my iPad reading MFP support & inspiration, or just plain catching up on my reading in general.
  • kenna44cat
    kenna44cat Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Reading my Kindle before bed sounds like a good thing to do, Lilly, and there are a lot of motivational eBooks out there free or for a modest price like 99 cents or a little more. I downloaded one on running that I still have to read through, and might try that when the winter is over and the sidewalks are clear (or use the TM downstairs).
  • missourinurse
    missourinurse Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Toni, I am new to this site. I just officially started this week. I had joined earlier but just looked around. I too have parrots! An African Grey named Piccolo, a Double Yellowheaded Mexican Amazon named Charli, and a Goffin Cockatoo named Linus. I guess I need a Parrot named Lucy next. (charley brown characters) LOL.

Congrats on your weight loss. I have trouble sustaining routine exercise. I am hoping this site will motivate me to continue. I can use all of the support I can get because I usually just give up the exercise soon after beginning.
  • ToniG50
    ToniG50 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Another parrot Mom..very cool. I had a double yellow head Amazon named Riley that we had to rehome after 11 years..I still miss him alot, but I know he is happier with people who are there 24/7 ( He got rehomed by a retired priest so I am sure they are singing together..*smile*) Now we have a Hahn's mini mcCaw named Squiggy and a Senegal named Ben..and a rescue dog named Rosie.

I turn 63 this May and am feeling better than I have in a long time. TMFP has really helped me ..along with my Fit bit.
    Shall we be friends?

Toni