Season 3 - Episode 5 "Say the Word" (11/11/12)

Options
This thread serves as a place to discuss speculation, and then reaction to the 11/11/12 episode

AMC Sneak Peek:

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/sneak-peek-episode-305-the-walking-dead-say-the-word

YouTube Episode Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXiX3LeUBUs

Replies

• Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Okay now first of all The governor should know girls are tenderheaded lol. Second what kind of party has spam and saltine crackers lol. Party over here walkers over here hey ho hey ho lol. Third if that baby birth certificate says lil *kitten* kicker please don't turn her down for a job it ain't her fault lol. Carol still MIA. And michonne with her slicing skills she needs to work in a deli lol.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Did that walker eat Lori? If so what happened to her bones?
  • Momwasix
    Options
    Well one thing for these survivors haven't loss muscle from all the spam and saltine crackers they been eating. They got thier carbs fats and protein for sure.
  • Momwasix
    Options
    I don't know i tried to tell my dumb behind boyfriend that walker wasn't lori. He's a scorpio hate to be wrong. Now if you cant tell thats a man he needs glassess.
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Just gotta say, Daryl looked good holding that baby.

Also, totally loved getting to see more of the little utopia. Interested to see what Andrea does... hopefully the little gladiatorial show knocked some sense into her. Oh, hell, who am I kidding?
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i thought i would like the michonne character but i do not. hopefully her story arc will end soon.

daryl is just all around win. i wonder if merle will tease him about getting soft.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    michonne is quite annoying. too bad because he seemed like she could have been a really cool character.

i think the daryl fan girls' ovaries exploded at him holding and feeding the baby. :laugh:

and i was wondering if they walker ate lori. had the other buried her yet?
  • Momwasix
    Options
    Right where is the funeral at no last words for Tdog. Oh is it just me or were we watching a remake of American Gladiators lol.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I totally missed that Carol was killed last week, I thought it was only T-dog and Lori, but not Carol. I know there are a lot of Carol haters, but I like her motherly character and hope she is hiding out in the prison and was her on the phone to Rick. Who else could it be. Glad they found some food for the baby, and think it's funny that Hershel is up and about without much difficulty.
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Another amazing episode!!

I was really hoping Rick would cut open that zombies belly and Lori's head would come rolling out, lol!!

Rick going totally bonkers is interesting, and for those of you that have read the comics... we know things!
    It was cool to see a lot of comic book aspects in tonights show.

Greg Nicotero said Carol was dead on the Talking Dead tonight, but I think he was trying to be tricksy. I'm not believing it, although I would like it to be true.

And Daryl... oh my!! Could he be any hotter?? Who's a little *kitten* kicker??
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Ok so....
    #1 I never really saw Daryl as "hot", just more of a bad *kitten*. But seeing him with that baby, TURN ON for sure
    #2 Umm.... did i miss something? They never showed Carol's body, so who the hell did they burry?
    #3 I agree with the "whats with not giving T-Dog some last words?" I cried more about him than i did about Lori (sorry i hate her!!)
    #4 "Hello? Can you hear me now?!?" When the hell did the phones start working? LOL
    #5 Andrea is DUMB! I get her wanting to stay, but just letting someone ride solo like that, who helped you LIVE for 8 months. Not gonna do it
    #6 If Hershel is such a smart doc, how come he hasn't suggested that Maggie try to breast feed the baby. As a nurse i know that even if a woman has never given birth, if stimulated, she can start to lactate. Someone needs to start sucking some tit-tays, because 2 cans of formula goes FAST and there are no cows around im sure. *SMH*
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    rick could just be going crazy i doubt anyone is on the other end of that phone

oh and i dont trust some of what TPTB say on the TD. a few weeks ago, didnt one of them say that andrew was dead?
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    #6 If Hershel is such a smart doc, how come he hasn't suggested that Maggie try to breast feed the baby. As a nurse i know that even if a woman has never given birth, if stimulated, she can start to lactate. Someone needs to start sucking some tit-tays, because 2 cans of formula goes FAST and there are no cows around im sure. *SMH*
    Probably because thats is his 'barely' adult daughter. And they can scavenge for formula. Even in a survival situation I would be freaked out if my dad suggested this to me. And I have actually nursed a baby. Im the exact opposite. I would have been really weirded out by that.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Probably because thats is his 'barely' adult daughter. And they can scavenge for formula. Even in a survival situation I would be freaked out if my dad suggested this to me. And I have actually nursed a baby. Im the exact opposite. I would have been really weirded out by that.

If it means a baby's life? You would be weirded out by that? And scavenging for formula will only last so long. Unless they can find a Costco or something, that baby is f-ed
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Hershel's smart, but he's still a vet, not a human doc. You can trick a nursing animal into adopting an orphan, sometimes even from different species, but I doubt a similar situation would have ever come up in his practice.

I might be in a minority. I like Michonne. She's got issues out the wazoo, and sometimes acts like an unsocialized feral animal, but I like that in a character.

I like Andrea, too, and I can understand her point of view... even in trusting Merle when he was such a *kitten*. Anything that's familiar is going to be comforting after such prolonged trauma and stress.

I can understand Rick going off the deep end, too. I react the same way... I can hold it together in an emergency and be everyone's rock, but as soon as it's over, especially with a bad outcome, I loose it. And I want to be alone while I'm loosing it. Don't try to comfort me.

I love how Daryl started off as an outcast and kind of a dreg, and now he's the one holding the group together.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    if it turns out carol found lori(assuming carl did not shoot her) and sewed her up and are hiding out somewhere in the prison i think it will be safe to say the show has jumped the shark.

im worried this may be true because where are lori's bones?

i dont care what people involved with the show say...other shows have lied about character outcomes for dramatic effect. Starbuck in BSG is an example.
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options

I might be in a minority. I like Michonne. She's got issues out the wazoo, and sometimes acts like an unsocialized feral animal, but I like that in a character.

I like Michonne as well. I think she adds a nice dimension to the show, and truthfully, I could see myself turning kind of like that (guess y'all probably wouldn't want to be on my zombie apocalypse team!). I mean, not all crazy ninja warrior type but hyper aware and maybe slightly paranoid. And let's be real, it's not like she doesn't have reasons to be the way she is-- the governor gives off a creepy vibe even if he tries to be all peaches and cream. It's survival.
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    the more they show the Gov the more i like him! dude knows how to run things and have fun.

I would set up a zombie carnival. knock the walker over with a baseball and win a prize!
  • sometimes_blondie
    Options
    I'm an instant Michonne fan! I love the contrast between her and Andrea. As far as Lori's body goes, I think they buried her, Carol's body was the only one not found but presumed dead. The phone ringing is freaking me out, though! I wonder if it's Carol and she's trapped somewhere. I don't get why people think Carl didn't shoot Lori though. It's not as if we didn't see him become more adapted to the environment. He said he would've shot Sophia if he had been the one to find her. He had no problem taking out Shane who was like a second father to him. I think the hesitation of shooting the walker in the swamp that killed Dale, probably will haunt him beacuse that time he didn't do the right thing.
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    About Lori's body, I don't think anyone went back down there to get it. I think areas around the boiler room are still a kind of "hot zone" and they rest of the survivors are just holding up in ares they know are safe. I think the walker in the boiler run dragged her off and ate alot of her. It woud be totally moronic if they were trying to suggest it ate ALL of her, bones and all, and I think the writers are better than that, but I think the setup of that scene is somewhat confusing.

Carol hasn't been found. I think they assume she is dead, and made her a grave anyways. Funny points about no euology for T-dog. I guess I am just as bad because I hadn't thought of that ever. I wonder if they took time to actually recover his body as well.