Tuesday - Let's work on our BUNS!!!

Options
If you're like me, you HATE to work out your legs, butt, and hips BUT you need it!!! In fact, I would say lunges, specifically, are on the top of my most disliked moves list! (yes, I have one of those!) :-) BUT they're so amazing & they do the trick! Let's work out our lowerhalf today. Who will join me?? Here is a link to some suggested moves!

http://exercise.about.com/od/lowerbodyworkouts/ss/lunges.htm

What is your least favorite workout? What is your favorite?

Replies

• stephyw2001
    stephyw2001 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    ugh, my buns are already sore from 3 days of Jillian squats and lunges, bike riding and dancing. I"ll be going dancing again tonight, which is really more of a calf exercise with how much bouncing I'll be doing all night, but I'll try to keep my butt in check too :-)
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Like you, I love arm/shoulders/back day and HATE lower body day. But I do it. Today was 5 different exercises, 3 sets each, including squats, lunges, wall sits, leg press, calf raises, etc. Plus 45 on the elliptical. Tomorrow is abs and cardio, Thursday back to arms.
  • sweetgrasswoman
    sweetgrasswoman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Im in! Last night for the first time I did the 30 day Shred with weights. I was stumped on this one move where JM lays down flat on the floors gets up, in a lounge position, pops up and lfits the weight like shes throwing it. "Control Movment" are two of my most hated words! LOL but its supposed to work thighs, calves, and abs LOL- II will attempt to do it again tongiht, last night I can kind of just plopped on my couch
  • nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Mine is push ups!! But I always push myself till I can't do anymore.
  • cougar1976
    cougar1976 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im in, I've been avoiding also the dreaded lunge exercise.
  • Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I run....and love it.....need to do strength training though! Okay, I will do lunges and squats tonight instead of my arms!
  • JewelE77
    JewelE77 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    This is perfect because I've been trying to decide whether to do Shape's Skinny Jeans workout tonight so this post just sealed the deal, I will do it! That workout is a BEAST! I can barely move by the time I've finished it and my legs are shaking. It hurts so good though! ;)
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I hate lunges too! I love squats but just can't like lunges. I will probably do a treadmill run today so will finish up with some legs and buns :)
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    This might be a tough one for me - my knees are still crazy sore. I am going to do a good walk tonight, followed by my crunches and some serious stretching. I will play it by ear with my knees though.

I dod want to get back into my Slim in 6 program too. . . there are great squat sections in there. But right now I need to take it easy so I don't end up with serious knee damage
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    wow...i absolutely LOVE lower body workouts. maybe cause my legs are the strongest part of my body. i like squats and deadlifts. Lunges arent my fav but i dont dislike them. Im doing that workout u put up crystal so it has lunges in there plus other lower body excercises. and i added sprints too so imma b running my butt off!!
  • emailcrystalo
    emailcrystalo Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    wow...i absolutely LOVE lower body workouts. maybe cause my legs are the strongest part of my body. i like squats and deadlifts. Lunges arent my fav but i dont dislike them. Im doing that workout u put up crystal so it has lunges in there plus other lower body excercises. and i added sprints too so imma b running my butt off!!

Your enthusiasm inspires me!! I can't wait to kill it tonight too!
  • lisadekk
    lisadekk Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    oh- those ever nagging lunges and wall sits. I like to workout my lower half because I know it needs it but I don't like the pain that goes with it. I try to use reverse psychology and tell myself it is progress pain - no pain, no gain!
    A fitness class I take at the Y forces, I mean instructs, participants thru these each week :D
    I have my team challenge training tonight with a trainer - we'll see if these are a part of the workout tonight - if not I will do some sets on my own.
    It is weigh in from me tomorrow morning and I am actually excited to step on the scale. I didn't lose anything the last weigh in but I didn't let that discourage me. I tried some different things with meals this past week to jump start my matabolism and give me motivation to stop snacking which I have done - hope I see some results on the scale!