Motivation and protein shakes?

Options
Hi all, I just recently turned 40 (July) and don't know if it's all in my head but these 15 lbs that I have been trying to lose is so getting harder to get rid of! I've wanted to start back to the gym but can't find the energy to even try to start the 3x a week exercising! I need some MFP friends from those of you that are starting back/new to exercising and learning to eat right again! Feel free to add me if you are a good motivator and can help!! :)

Also, what is the percentage of carbs/fat/protein that most of you guys use? I love the protein shakes, but they definitely doesn't keep my hunger at bay. I am thinking 40/30/30? Also, I have been using the Jay Robb shakes. Anyone else have any suggestions for protein powders? I have bought all the ones at Walmart and Target and hate the taste of them and GNC has so many to choose from!

CJ

Replies

• funfactoryfacepainting
    Options
    I like the ready to drink shakes from EAS carb control no sugar and 17g of protein - rich dark choc is my fav , tastes like choc pudding. 110 cals

Some of the other flavors are really good blended w/ a frozen banana.
  • reweldt
    reweldt Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    HI
    I like protein of muscle milk the vanilla and chocolate flavors.
    good luck
    rita
  • BrianW69
    Options
    I highly recommend Ultimate Muscle Protein (UMP) from Beverly International. 20g of protein per scoop, and only 5g of carbs and 1g of sugar. You can find it on Amazon but it's cheaper via Tiger Fitness dot com. The chocolate is fantastic straight up with cold water in a shaker bottle. Cookies and Cream works great with water and frozen strawberries in a blender. Vanilla is good for making pancakes, pudding and other recipes. One thing to watch out for with protein powders is the quantity of sugar. Much of what is widely available in local stores tastes okay but is not very good for you.

As far as ratios are concerned, you need to track your stats for a while to find out what works best for you. My current targets are 40% protein, 35% carbs, 25% fat, but that may not work best for everyone.