If you knew then what you know now....

Options
What would you change?

The rules are that you can change only one thing, act, person, piece of knowledge, etc.... then tell how you think it (your life) would have played out differently.

-Or-
You can choose to not change anything. If so. Why?

I don't want to set any precedence so I'm not going first. :wink:

Replies

• kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think I'd change a thing. I've learned from all of my experiences, good and bad and happy with where I am right now.
  • OutOfBreath
    OutOfBreath Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I would have gone to live with my father instead of staying with my mother when the option was presented to me after their divorce. Being raised by a military man instead of a mentally ill woman would have changed just about everything in my life, in my opinion. I was too young (12-13) to know what kind of impact that would have on my development and how I deal with things in my day to day life.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I would not have been in what turned out to be a non-exsistant long distance relationship through my prime college years. I would have allowed myself to date instead of pining over a guy that was stringing me along.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    No. Life is so random if you change one event things could go into a million other directions.

I think the way I turned out I like, so I will take the good with the bad.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I would have changed what I went to college for.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I want to say I would NEVER have agreed to let the ex hubby have custody of our girls, it is SO hard being a part time parent, but I see the way they are being raised (he and the second wife are doing a great job) and I wonder if I would or not...TOUGH decision! But looking at my 17 YO, she has such a maturity about her, I know 20 YOs that don't have her maturity...hmmm-I just don't know.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    No. Life is so random if you change one event things could go into a million other directions.

^^^^^^ This I like who I am no need to butterfly effect my past
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    The one thing I would have changed is getting help with losing weight very early on. So like back in high school or at least college. Nipped things in the bud and corrected things much earlier.

I could only imagine the butterfly effect that being fit would have had for me. I might actually have self esteem and confidence, like where I was at, who I am, or who I was with.
  • disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member
    Options

Yep. Agree 100%.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

Yep. Agree 100%.

Same! I'm glad I figured a lot of stuff out the hard way... Otherwise I'd still be prancing around drunk and forgetting where I was last night. Instead, I'm proud to say that yesterday I spent my 21st birthday with my family and at school. :heart:
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    As much as I would like to erase my marriage, I wouldn't change a thing. My marriage brought me a strength that I didn't realize, as well as the two most important people in my life.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

Yep. Agree 100%.

The only thing I sometimes wish I could change is not following that girl on that hike which resulted in the fall and messing up my back in my early 20's. It lead to me to avoiding almost all physical activity which was 1 of many factors to me getting as big and heavy as I was in the past. However it's mostly gone. I do have days I wake up and I am stiff, but nothing a bit of stretching and moving about won't help.
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options

Yep. Agree 100%.

Same! I'm glad I figured a lot of stuff out the hard way... Otherwise I'd still be prancing around drunk and forgetting where I was last night. Instead, I'm proud to say that yesterday I spent my 21st birthday with my family and at school. :heart:

Belated Happy Birthday wishes.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Yep. Agree 100%.

Happy belated Birthday! :flowerforyou:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

Yep. Agree 100%.

Happy belated Birthday! :flowerforyou:

ìFeliz belated Cumpleaños!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I have no regrets :flowerforyou:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I have regrets about certain things, but I don't know how I would change them. I think if I were to change them it would be a total personality reversal and I think that would end up changing the whole course of my life and that would be a doozy.

I do have one solid regret though. When I was 16, at my first job, I was sexually harassed by a 30-year-old man who had a girlfriend and a child. He offered to do things with me that a 16-year-old should not be doing, and especially not be doing with a 30-year-old man. I regret not speaking up for myself. I wish I had. I just hope he isn't out there still harassing other girls.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I regret being in a long term relationship all throughout high school. I should of screwed anything and everything that walked.

I think being in a committed relationship at a young age really messed with my head. I'm always felt that I "missed out" on something. Now, I have zero interest in settling down because I have the fear I might miss out on more.
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    I would say that I regret marrying my ex wife... but I so love our daughter. OK, no regrets.
  • shamrck44
    Options
    I regret not sucking it up and spending more time with my father even though I hated his girlfriend. I lost him too soon and I will never get that time back.