Goal by NYE & Get to know each other.

Options
How much would you like to lose by New Years Eve??

Lets get to know each other -- Where are you from? What is your favorite color, season, food, and television series -- and why? What are your favorite workout routines?

Replies

• WendyA1119
    Options
    10lbs for me by New Years. I am 156 now.
  • JDavis352
    JDavis352 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose between 4-9 pounds by NYE. I'm 32, I live in Florida but I am from NC. My favorite colors are green and pink, I have a few favorite TV shows so it's hard to pick just one: NCIS,NCIS Las Angeles, Burn Notice, Suits,Law and order SOU,Person of interest...Hmmm I feel like I missing something...oh Duck Dynasty!! I love those shows because they are interesting and keep me wanting to see more. Duck Dynasty on the other hand is just funny and who doesn't want a good laugh? My favorite season is fall because the weather is just perfect that time of year. Favorite food is chicken. I could,would and have ate chicken for breakfast,lunch and dinner! I love me some chicken :happy: I love the outdoors. I hunt and fish and do a lot of trail walking when I have time. I try and go to the gym early mornings before work and my fa:tongue: vorite machine is the stair stepper. I could stay on that for aan entire hour and feel like I just stepped on it 20 mins ago. At home I like my exercise ball for sit ups and squats it makes it easier on my back and I really feel the extra burn in my legs for squats. OK i've rambled enough....for now
  • JDavis352
    JDavis352 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose between 4-9 pounds by NYE. I'm 32, I live in Florida but I am from NC. My favorite colors are green and pink, I have a few favorite TV shows so it's hard to pick just one: NCIS,NCIS Las Angeles, Burn Notice, Suits,Law and order SOU,Person of interest...Hmmm I feel like I missing something...oh Duck Dynasty!! I love those shows because they are interesting and keep me wanting to see more. Duck Dynasty on the other hand is just funny and who doesn't want a good laugh? My favorite season is fall because the weather is just perfect that time of year. Favorite food is chicken. I could,would and have ate chicken for breakfast,lunch and dinner! I love me some chicken :happy: I love the outdoors. I hunt and fish and do a lot of trail walking when I have time. I try and go to the gym early mornings before work and my fa:tongue: vorite machine is the stair stepper. I could stay on that for aan entire hour and feel like I just stepped on it 20 mins ago. At home I like my exercise ball for sit ups and squats it makes it easier on my back and I really feel the extra burn in my legs for squats. OK i've rambled enough....for now
    Notice quite a few typos :/ should slow my fingers down and reread things. I'm posting from my mobile so it makes it a little more frustrating to correct errors.
  • jelbelle2013
    Options
    Hi everyoe! I'm Jade from Detroit! Currently an English major in college, working on my B.A. For thos challenge I pledge to lose 15lbs for NYE! January is turning out to be an exciting month, I'd like to go into it feeling confident

My favorite TV shows are Supernatural, Psych, and Avatar: The Last Airbender I'm a nerd at heart :3

Feel free to add me as a friend! Can't wait to get to know everyone!

@JDavis352: Duck Dynasty is too funny, love it!
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options

Lets get to know each other -- Where are you from? What is your favorite color, season, food, and television series -- and why? What are your favorite workout routines?

I'd like to lose 6.17 pounds (2.5 kilo), but it's quite ambitious since i don't seem to lose more than a kilo per month (two pounds)

I'm 32 yrs old and I'm from Seville, Spain. My favorite color is light violet, or any color in that range, don't know exactly why!
    my favorite seasons are both fall and winter, where I live it's too hot in summer to like it, and spring is lovely but the city gets full of mosquitoes and small annoying bugs. In fall it rains a lot but the temperature is more pleasant. It's a nice breath of air after a horrifying summer. And winter, brings Christmas time, my favorite time of the year along with cold temperatures that make me crave for comfort food and nice hot beverages. It doesn't snow here, but I love cold weather and sleeping under a mountain of blankets and comforters.
    My favorite food is gnocchi alla bolognese (or any kind of pasta! I have italian ancestors,I carry my love for pasta and pizza in my blood XD)
    I love Big Bang Theory because it's different from other series and sitcoms, quite funny! And Once Upon a Time is a nice twist to traditional fairytales and it makes you think how real and daily life can feel like a fairy tale

My favorite workout routines are from Les Mills (you can look it up), I go to Body Balance which is a mix of pilates, yoga and tai chi. Pilates is very basic in my gym and Body Balance is much more demanding and challenging to me. Still it's low impact and it's a nice core strength workout.
    I also attend Body Combat, which is a mix of tough cardio, boxing, karate, and other contact martial arts. It's fun and it's the only thing that makes me burn a reasonable amount of calories in 50 minutes. It has improved my endurance so much that I started running on Sunday to see if I could run for some good 10 minutes, and those 10 minutes easily turned into an hour!
    And from the same group,I go to Body Pump classes, which mixes a bit of cardio with strenght training with weights. These classes have mixed opinions, some say they're useless for strenght training because there are too many reps,and some others say it's just a myth. To me it works, and it saves me time. When i reach my goal i might stop going to Body Pump.

I also go to aerodance classes, which is challenging because I just can't dance, i love dancing, but I'm really bad at it XD and it's about learning a new choreography every day, so it is a lot of fun.

Whenever I can, I skip my Body Pump classes and I go to the weights room but it takes me long to complete a full body workout.
  • crazymomma88
    crazymomma88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Hi, my name is Amber. Im 24 years old. i currently live in New Orleans, La. i was born and raised in Indiana tho.
    my favorite color is pink... and black. i didnt like pink until i got pregnant with my daughter
    my favorite season is fall. i love the smell of fall the feel, just everything about it.
    my favorite food is tacos
    and my favorite tv show is The Vampire Diaries, i love paranormal romance books, shows, and movies
    my favorite work out is the Tiffany rothe work outs on youtube, yoga, and jogging
    i pledge to loose 5-10 pounds by NYE.
    i am trying to set a realistic goal for myself. i make no excuse for my spine being messed up, but i do have to do alternatives to some work outs. nothing is a limitation. i have started loosing my motivation again and i am really hoping this helps me get it back. i wish yall the best of luck in your goals :) here we go!
  • ashleyoh33
    ashleyoh33 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am hoping to lose 14 lbs by New Year's..that will put me in ONEderland just in time to start my student teaching! :] I am a college student living in Grand Blanc, Michigan (about an hour north of Detroit). My favorite color is grey, but I also love yellow. I LOVE fall, and also enjoy spring. Winter and Summer in Michigan are too harsh. Favorite food? Chocolate. I eat a little piece of dark chocolate every day :] I don't get to watch a lot of tv because I'm too busy...but I try to keep caught up on Grey's Anatomy, Face Off, Parks & Recreation, and Big Bang Theory. I also watch a lot of HGTV, Animal Planet, and Food Network.

As for working out, I go to the gym at least 4 days a week and try to get in at least an hour while I'm there...mostly cardio. The only strength training I get in is through circuit training that I do 2x a week. I just started c25k last week and so far that's going great, but the elliptical is my BFF. Once I get under 200 I want to start doing some more strength training, but for now I just want to focus on losing this 13.2 lbs!
  • Karrrrl
    Karrrrl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am going to pledge to lose 16lbs by New Years (I'm currently 166 lbs and I will therefore be down to 150) - this means I will finally be in the 'healthy' BMI weight for my age range for the first time in years! Lets start of the New Year's with a bang yes?

I'm 21 years old and a student at the University of Edinburgh studying English Literature and Philosophy. My favorite colours today are orange and yellow and I genuinely can't pick a favorite season! Spring and Autumn are so pretty whilst Winter is so exciting and Summer has the sun that I crave all year long! Before starting my diet my favorite food would have been a number of carbs but right now the only thing I really crave is Indian food and that's mostly the sauces which I can still eat if I make them myself and shove in a whole ton of veg or salad :)
    My favorite t.v programs change daily however at the moment its probably Game of Thrones, Arrow and Smallville.
    I HATE working out. I'm lazy and I work 4 days a week alongside my University work so working out for me is difficult and time consuming, However, I am buckling down and today I bought some weights to start the 30 day shred. MUCH to my boyfriends amusement as I can barely lift the 3lb weights let alone work out with them! :ohwell:
  • sammkate
    sammkate Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I am new to MFP, 5 days. I love this site so far, so easy to use!!!

CW: 182
    Goal for NYE: 170

I would have done 15 lbs to bring it to 167, but it's christmas and I am travelling (to Quebec City) for a week, and allowing myself a couple of cheat days over the holiday's so that I dont get too down if I break my 1200 calorie per day rule.

I like swimming and cycling, and lifting light weights. Go 2-3 (mostly 2) times per week to do all that. I also walk at least 30 minutes per day, sometimes 60 minutes. (I have a high energy dog)

Thai food is my favorite, but I am trying only to eat Thai that I make at home because you just never know how much oil/fat you get in restaurants.
    Pizza is my second favorite food and again, trying not to eat restaurant pizza, just making my own healthy versions.

I live with my boyfriend and with 2 fur babies-- a dog and a cat.

My favorite color is blue and my favorite TV show at the moment is Dexter :)
  • kaylalryan
    kaylalryan Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Kayla from Wisconsin, 27, married, 4 year old daughter, foster parent to DD adult, and a full-time college student!

I am studying social work (BSW) and am currently applying to grad school for Public Administration. My goal is to work as a macro level lobbyist for "disadvantaged" populations. My favorite season is summer... but I love spring and fall here too! Wisconsin is such a beautiful place no matter what time of year it is! I really don't have a favorite color, it all depends on my mood!

Favorite workout? I really don't have one! I attend bikram yoga (95F and 80% humidity), Zumba, and I work out at home and school wellness center!

Would like to loose 11 more lb. by New Years! This will put me at 40# down and less than 30 to my goal! :)

Everyone feel free to add me as a friend!
  • hungbaby
    Options
    (Lets get to know each other -- Where are you from? What is your favorite color, season, food, and television series -- and why? What are your favorite workout routines?)

Hi, I'm Jen from San Francisco. My goal is 10lbs as my bf and I have a Hawaii trip planned for January. I sit at a desk all day and have access to unlimited bags of chips and other unhealthy treats while at work. This is the first group I've ever joined and I'm hoping the accountability and support will help me overcome the munchies!

Fave color - not sure I have one but my closet has a lot of grey - does that count? :)

Season - living in California means our seasons aren't super varied, but I love fall in SF since that's when it's the warmest!

Food - Doughnuts, sushi, Quaker oat squares cereal, Greek yogurt with fruit and granola, and Hawaiian bread!

TV - Colbert Report and The Mindy Project. I think the writers hardwired themselves to my brain and figured out exactly what makes me laugh then designed their show specifically for me.

Workout - TKB class at 24 Hour Fitness

Good luck, everyone!
  • lauriem1966
    lauriem1966 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

I'd like to lose 10 pounds by NYE.

I'm from Winnipeg...no favorite color, love the fall, love SUSHI and Mexican, and there are too many tv shows I love... True Blood, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, Supernatural,Vampire Diaries...

As for working out, I love zumba, do that 3 times a week, I do Bikram yoga twice a week, and I'm doing the 30 day Shred right now as well. I need to get back into lifting but don't belong to a gym and don't really want to join, so I have to figure that out. I don't have room in my house for any more equipment either.
  • Dementedllama
    Dementedllama Posts: 177 Member
    Options

I'm from Georgia!
    Favorite color: Orange.
    Season: Autumn.
    Food: Peanut butter, mmmm.
    Television series: Grey's Anatomy.

I want to lose anywhere between 10-15 LBS. :)

Feel free to friend me guys!
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options

I would like to lose about 15lbs.... depending the scales lies this particular morning :grumble:
    I am from Elgin, IL - a suburb of Chicago. My favorite color is green (emerald green to be exact), favorite season is probably fall for the colors but summer for the temperature, favorite food is Spaghetti - though I haven't enjoyed it because of my new lifestyle. It is definately one of the "treating myself" meals that won't happen very often. TV series is NCIS of Law and Order SVU. Huge fan of Glee though too. I love shows on law and crime, have no idea why.

I usually do cardio every day and lift on the four days I get lnger workouts. MY lifting routine varies. For now my cardio is on the elliptical. I will be trying to do sme running (C25K) probably next week and see if the shin-splints and joints still hurt as they did last month. I keep hoping I will get to start running soon but the High Impact messes with me and causes issues in my typical workout.
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm Diane. I live in Palo Alto, the heart of Silicon Valley, just south of San Francisco. I'm 34 and my family is comprised of me, my bf, our son who's turning 14 in a week and our jack russell/beagle crazy girl Peanut.

What is your favorite color: purple, but I also love the teal/brown combo

Season: spring time when the flowers are blooming. Like Jen from SF, the seasons here are mild, but warmer than SF here so it gets too cold for me when it dips below the 50s, but too hot higher than the 80s :)

Food: I love to try all kinds of cultural food - Filipino is what I grew up eating and it's my "soul food". I love Mexican and Italian too.

Television series: Once Upon a Time, Arrow, Vampire Diaries (didn't think I'd like this but got hooked!), anything on PBS, Scandal

What are your favorite workout routines? I'm on my last week of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution - I love her and have a bunch of her DVD's. I also like Zumba and circuit training. I do not like running.
  • 041jackson
    041jackson Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

My name's Kaitlyn and I'm a university student currently studying in the caribbean :) But I'm originally from Windsor, ON and study in Ottawa, ON, Canada.

I hope to lose 15 lbs from 189 to 175.

My favourite food is PIZZA HUT.

My favourite telly's are Once Upon A Time, The Big Bang Theory and Dollhouse.

Looking forward to our journey :)
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options

My favourite telly's are Once Upon A Time, The Big Bang Theory and Dollhouse.

Hi Kaitlyn - I love OUAT and Dollhouse :)
  • JannahMM
    JannahMM Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My names Jannah, in 28, im a full time university student (one year left!) studying Primary Education, and i live an hour south of Sydney, Australia.

I dont have a fave colour, i like them all.

I LOVE summer, and lucky for me its summer down here now!

I love all food, but am really into gourmet salads right now (you know the ones with creamy goats cheese, roasted veggies, pine nuts or chickpeas etc).

I love Big Bang Theory, and embarrassing to admit but i also really like Glee! Haha

Dont really have fave workout... I enjoy walking though.

Id really love to lose 5kg (11lb) in 6 weeks

PS Im restarting MFP today and have no friends... Feel free to add me! :)
  • brokenbat1
    Options
    Im going to try to lose another 10 lbs before Jan 1 2013 then i'll have 30 lbs left to go :)
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hi All... My name is Lisa and I'm from Northern California. I'd love to drop 20 lbs by NYE... but will be happy with anything over 10 lbs gone really. I have an amazing 12 year old son, who helps keep me motivated. My favorite color is any shade of blue... favorite season: fall... so I'm in heaven right now. lol... My favorite foods: chicken, chicken and more chicken... pasta, cookies... cake. >.< I have a horrendous sweet tooth. It's not fair sometimes. My favorite TV shows: Anything ghostly/paranormal... Cuz I'm an oddball... haha. I also like Bridezillas, My Fair Wedding and Big Bang.
    I'm currently doing a mix of P90X, Turbo Jam and my treadclimber. I don't like the cardio routines that came with P90X... so I'm doing what works for me. :)

SW: 247 (1-1-12)
    CW: 218.4
    GW: 150ish

Good Luck Everyone! :D