How much would you like to lose by New Years Eve??

Options
124»

Replies

• ai1992
    ai1992 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Amanda! I am hoping to lose about 10 lbs..

I am from Missouri.
    Fav color is purple.. and blue!
    My favorite season is fall.. the leaves are so pretty and it's the perfect temp outside!
    Favorite food... Chinese. /: haha
    TV series... hmmm... I don't have a favorite. Don't watch tv all that much anymore. Too busy with college life and all. (:

My favorite workout routines are probably the ones on the Nike training app, its a GREAT workout, and I do the 30 min ones. By the end of it, I am dead!

I also work at a gym, so I utilize that advantage as much as possible. I mostly do cardio there though, the weight room is intimidating! Not super sure what to do and such, so I just haven't tried unfortunately. I'm open to suggestions if any of you would like to add me/ send a message!

Good luck to everyone! (:
  • claramay66
    claramay66 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello All,
    My name is Clara May and I live in Raphine, Virginia. Been here since 1991.
    My fav color is Royal Blue
    My fav season is Spring
    My fav food is ...... learning to like new things but it still has to be Mac/Cheese
    My fav TV show is NCIS
    and as far as my fav work out well I am still trying new things (because I never did anything before) so as of now I really don't have a Favorite yet. I work mostly with Stabilizing Ball, BOSU, resistance bands, TRX and 5 to 10 lbs wgts. Just started some Zumba classes too.

I hope to be at 145# by Xmas but I'll set my goal for New Years Eve. I have not lost wgt in 2 months but I have lost inches so that is a good thing. CW 170#.
  • DrJackson6
    DrJackson6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

My favorite colors are blue, light brown, cream, and green. .
    My favorite season is winter
    My favorite food is seafood, especially oysters.
    My favorite television series are Monk, Law & Order, NCIS.
    I love walking, lateral elliptical, and swimming.

I would like to lose at least 10 pounds by New Years!!!
  • murphette2
    murphette2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am from Arlington WA and am STILL bummed that summer is over! I like Fall but once the rain starts its harder to be outdoors. I am a blue and orange kind of girl. Favorite foods are Mexican food, Sushi, and Pizza. I watch Hawaii Five O, Mike and Molly, and Two Broke Girls. 15 pounds is a perfect goal for New Years if I can stay away from the Wine and Christmas cookies! My plan for the winter is Work out videos at home and to go to Zumba class (even though I am terrible at it)
  • akd06004
    akd06004 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Mine name is Amanda, and I currently reside in Hartford, CT. I am am full time grad student, and working part time in an office. I realllly want to lose 13 lbs by NYE. My diet recently has been extremely poor, so I think changing that around will make a huge difference. As far as working out, I am pretty good about going at least 4 times a week. Classes are the best way to keep me going...at my gym I take pilates, bodycombat, and a basic training interval class. On my own, I usually do some strength training with free weights and the elliptical. I have fallen in love with the kettlebell!! You can use it for almost anything you use a dumbbell for. I also have work out dvds and absolutely love Jillian Michaels; however, I live on the 4th floor in an apt and I always get worried I am being too loud for my neighbors underneath (if you do JM you know a lot of the jumping around she has you do)..If i am home mid day I will pop one in from time to time. My bday is right around NYE so I have multiple reasons for wanting to look good by then!! Hoping to get motivation from you all, and help others along the way!!
  • mrsygrmstr
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jen from Ohio. My goal is to lose 15 by New Year's Eve. I'm just starting out (again), so I think I'll lose a lot more in the beginning.

Favorite color: black or pink
    Favorite season: summer!
    Favorite food: bread, cheese, or any combination of those two things
    Favorite shows: NCIS, The Biggest Loser, Dexter
    Favorite workout: running, but I'm going to try biking/spinning--wish me luck!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I would like to lost a total of 10 lbs by New Years, by Christmas I have my goals set to lose 5% of my current weight, which my CW is 184.4 and my 5% to lose is 9.22 lbs, which makes around the 175 mark.
    I am from South Bend, Indiana (You might know it as Notre Dame Country, sorry I'm not a ND fan).
    Favorite color is Blue
    Favorite Season is Summer, I like warm weather, fall would be second best
    Favorite food would be Chicken N Rice
    Favorite TV series, ooh I don't have just one, I like criminal minds, CSI (all of them), House, Glee, Sex and the City, Cops, Days of our Lives, and Storage Wars are just a few to name, lol.
    My favorite workout routine is bicycling and walking.
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Nicci and I'm from Fort Collins, CO! I want to lose 6.1 pounds by NYE (So I can enter 2013 in the 140s).

Color: Purple
    Food: Pasta or breadsticks (those carbs!)
    Season: Fall :) the changing colors of the aspen trees in the mountains are to die for
    TV Show: Castle :D and the Biggest Loser. Jillian is coming back this next season!

I also want to train for a 10k or a half-marathon that is coming up in May down in the Denver. Any suggestions for that would be greatly appreciated :)
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    How much would you like to lose by New Years Eve??

I would like to lose at least 10 lbs

Where are you from? Rochester NY

Favorite color: Used to be blue, then purple, and now I really like red. But I guess my ultimate favorite color is black. It's mysterious, classic, and goes with everything. Also, it's very slimming when it comes to black clothing. haha :wink:

Favorite season: Definitely SUMMER!!! Summer is festival season in Rochester and there is a festival almost every weekend! LOVE it! :drinker:

Favorite food: I know everyone likes it but I LOOOOOVE pizza.... I have it at least once a week. But I'm also obsessed with breakfast food. :love:

Favorite TV Show: There are SOOO many!! Bones, Supernatural, and Big Bang Theory are my current Top 3 that are tied for 1st place. hahaha I watch so many shows, I can't just pick one!

What are your favorite workout routines? Currently doing CrossFit 3x a week. The routines are always different. I have to say my favorites are the ones that don't involve Burpees.... hahaha But then they just replace Burpees with something equally challenging. :grumble:
  • BeckyD1105
    BeckyD1105 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Becky from Green Bay, WI. I would like to lose 10 lbs for this challenge.

Fave Color - Purple

Season - Fall I like the trees changing colors, the cooler days/nights.

Food - Tie between pizza and spinach artichoke dip

TV Shows - Bones, Chopped, Next Iron Chef, Criminal Minds

Workouts - Walking and Jillian Michaels DVDs
  • angelscry35
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Nicolene,from Cape Town,South Africa.I was
    looking for some motivation to lose some weight before
    the end of the year and I came across this group.I would
    love to lose between 5-10kgs.I think that's a realistic
    goal for now.I find it so hard to stay focused,eat healthy and exercise..Lately I'm finding it so hard to lose weight,in the past it use to be so easy.But I made a vow to myself that I am going to embark on this weightloss journey and I'm going to become healthier and fitter day by day.(**,)
  • mlanggin88
    mlanggin88 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Melissa. Born and raised on the West Coast but have resided in the Tulsa, Oklahoma are since 1999. I am a wife and mother to two beautiful red heads (yes..... they are very awnry).

Favorite Color: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, and anything else in between.
    Favorite Season: Is when the seasons change, but probably fall/winter winter/spring
    Favorite Workouts:
    1. Jamie Eason 12 Week Transformation (had to stop due to ongoing bronchitis, hoping to start back in in mid December or January)
    2. ZUMBA

In general I am a down to earth girl, looking to be healthy for my family's future. Some one that can actually stand next to my husband and feel like we fit together.

My Ultimate goal for New Years is to fit comfortably into a size 18 pants, and weigh in the 240's. This will be something I haven't experienced since mid 2007.

All the luck to everyone. We can do this.
  • Csurviver
    Csurviver Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My name is Michelle, I live in Roland, Iowa. My goal is 30 lbs by New Years, aiming high so I don't slack. I live working out once I get to the gym. I started jogging and I love it, even if my shins don't. I do a mix of exercises including boot camp two times a week. Love Boot Camp. My favorite color is Purple. My favorite food is probably seafood. Favorite season is fall, not too cold and not too hot. Thanks for this challenge! This will definetly keep me on track thru the Holidays so I can look good on my cruise in January.
  • HeavenLeigh777
    HeavenLeigh777 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 15 lbs by NYE! I just started this diet and p90x monday. I need to get more motivated with the diet though! I live in IL. My favorite color is purple. I like Italian food. I like all the seasons because each one is special for a different reason ( i love the holiday season though!) Thanks for this challenge, I really need something to help me get and stay motivated!v
  • demmy2012
    demmy2012 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I would like to loose 20 pounds by new year eve. Sounds over ambitious but Ive determined.
    Im from Ireland, I live in Portlaoise. My favorite color is apple green and my fav. TV series is Tinsel.
    My favorite workout is brisk walk. I walk 10km every morning, 5days a week. I have found MFP site the best for healthy living and weight loss. I have been trying to keep off weight for about 3 years now with the weight stagnant at some stage. When I joined MFP in October, the weight started droping. Ive lost 18 pounds, weighing and watching what goes into my mouth. Thanks to MFP and to this new challenge.
  • JakBuddy
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm totally new to this group, hope you don't mind me joining in! 5 weeks till New Year's Eve and I would like to lose 8.8 kilos by then...!

My name is Gemma, I'm from New Zealand
    My favourite colour is green
    I adore my Labradors (username is the name of my boy)
    I have been married for 2 and a half years
    I'm a teacher :)
  • kmorg22
    kmorg22 Posts: 180
    Options
    Hello I am Kisha from north Alabama I pledge to lose 15lbs by NYE.

FC: turquoise
    FE: swimming and yoga
    food weakness: chocolate :)
    I dont watch TV cause I am too busy with work and my kids.
    I work as an Engineering Assistant in a chemical plant. :)

Glad to be here.
  • cloh72
    cloh72 Posts: 38
    Options
    My Name is Cindy I am from fayetteville, NC

I would like to be down 8.5 lbs by New Years

Color: RED
    Exercise: Zumba, line dancing
    TV: Revolution, Once Upon a Time
    Favorite Season: Spring
    Favorite Food: enchildadas (though I haven't had in awhile)
  • Back2MeDiva
    Back2MeDiva Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 15 lbs by New Years. :flowerforyou: