Introductions

Options
Since we are all going to be relying on each other for motivation and support through the next couple of months, how about we take the time to get to know each other a little.

Just tell a little bit about yourself, what your goals are with Insanity, and how you plan to accomplish those goals. I'll start it off.

I am Adam, I am in the military currently in Afghanistan. I have lost 29 lbs before I started MFP and now using MFP on a daily basis to log my food. I want to drop weight using Insanity, at least 15 lbs, but I am concentrating more on getting stronger and losing inches. I will accomplish this through doing Insanity every morning and staying motivated.

A big THANK YOU to everyone that joined the group and is going to take this journey together. Don't just push play, push each other!

Replies

• sangostar
    sangostar Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sara and I'm currently in the process of being certified to teach high school English. Before today, (a few years ago) I lost about 40 pounds. I've been using MFP for a long time and it's a great aid when you use it. But I'm still very far from where I'd like to be. Last fall I lost about 15lbs but gained it back. I was doing mostly Insanity workout and going to the gym here and there. For me I realized that if I did the entire Insanity work out for the week, the following week I was sick. That happened maybe 2-3 times. For me I might do a less intense day so that I don't burn out or become ill.

My goals are to tone muscle. Every time I did Insanity, after 2-3 weeks, my arms were definitly starting to tone and I loved it. I would love to increase cardio and lose weight. I have about 60 more pounds left before I reach my goal weight and really, really have to get to it.

I'm glad that I stumbled upon this group.
  • Brittany_lhs
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Brittany. I'm 22 and I have an 11 month old son. I started Insanity Nov. 12. So today I begin my second week. I have already lost 3 pounds and 2 inches so I am really excited to continue this journey. I am here to help motivate anyone who may need it, and sometimes I may need some motivation as well. Let's kick Insanity's butt everyone!!!! :) We CAN do this!
  • dawnsfitnesspage
    dawnsfitnesspage Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Dawn. Starting Insanity today (really not sure what I've let myself in for!) but just wanted to achieve something. The big kick was when my brother told me I wouldn't be able to do it. I'm sick of not achieving goals or even being too scared to even set a goal in case of failure. So, I'm currently sat here trying to work out a nutrition plan to go along with the workout.

I'm 29 (aiming to sort myself out by my 30th birthday in June) live in the UK and work in Civil Service. I've struggled for years with my weight but am trying to focus on fitness this time and clean living. Good luck everyone, feel free to add me I need all the support I can get!!

Dawn
  • rhoades716
    Options
    Welcome, Sara, Brittany, and Dawn! This team is exactly about you three ladies right there, everyone wanting to change themselves because you yourself finally decided to do something about it. We are all in this together, I don't want anyone to ever feel like they are alone. I started this group myself today and we are now 18 strong and hopefully will continue to grow, there will always be someone around for you when you hit that weak moment.

Just think of how many people have successfully passed Insanity. What makes them better then you? NOTHING! They just kept at it, just like we are all going to do.

Remember the motto: Don't just push play, push each other!
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sovanna and I'm 27 years old. I started insanity last week and I'm going to be starting week 2 tonight. Over the years I've slowly gained about 25lbs and I've always been the chubby girl in the group. I'm sick and tired of not achieving my goals and want to feel proud of my body. I decided to do insanity because I needed an extra boost in my cardio and was tired of being a cardio queen at the gym. I currently weigh 166 and my ultimate goal weight is 125lbs through diet and exercise. I know that there isn't a miracle drug and it will take a lot of willpower and hard work but I know in the end it will be worth it.

Dig deeper!
  • rhoades716
    Options
    Welcome Sovanna! Thanks for becoming a member of the team. I know you said that you are sick of not achieving your goals and want to feel proud of your body, well I am going to tell you that you should feel proud of your body now. Why? Because regardless of what others see when they look at you, I am positive you are a beautiful person! You found the right group that will help you succeed on your Insanity journey. We are all here for each other and there will be no one here that will turn their back on you when you need it most. Lets get this done together! Good luck to you and remember we are always here for you!
  • raggyanndoll
    Options
    Hello all! I am Kris. I am finishing the last couple of days of 30 Day Shred. My husband bought Insanity for me and I will be starting day 1 on Friday. I was part of a group for 30 Day Shred and it was incredibly supportive! Thanks Adam for your kind comments to everyone. I hope this group is as supportive as my last one.

I am 43 years old and have lost more than 70 pounds very slowly, off and on, up and down over the last 10 years. Today I am at the lowest weight I have been in my adult life. I am still a big girl at size 14 and 185 pounds, but I have more endurance and strength today than I have since I was in high school. I am looking to shed a few more pounds and gain a bit more muscle (sometimes not easy to lose weight AND gain muscle).

I also have a crazy, nutty goal to do a Tough Mudder next summer. I don't know why, but I just want to try.
  • rhoades716
    Options
    Welcome Kris! I heard the 30 Day Shred was another great program to do. Since you will be a soon graduate of that program and rolling right into Insanity you will have the momentum to be able to kick Insanity's @$$. This is definitely a group that will be supportive to everyone, no one is here to put any one else down whatsoever.

You have very realistic goals and I really hope that with everyones motivation and your desire to change yourself, you will be able to achieve those goals.

So a Tough Mudder you say? My wife has done quite a few of races like that and I have always wanted to try one with her but was always too embarrassed because I would have been that guy in the water with his shirt on. Well not next year, I would love to run one as well.

We are all here to help, feel free to ask questions and motivate others!

Adam
    Don't just push play, Push each other!
  • Staceyp76
    Staceyp76 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Stacey

I have lost just over 40lbs over the last year and some months. I am looking to get over a plateau I have been struggling with for about 3 months and I found about insanity from message boards here on MFP.

I am doing this program with my BFF as well. We have both been on the weight loss journey together since the start and we hope this will finally bring us close to our final goal.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    and I am that BFF! I am Becky and I am starting this program tomorrow with Stacey! Also have hit a plateau and I have heard great things about this program!!!
  • sangostar
    sangostar Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Stacy and Becky: I think Insanity will certainly help you kick that plateu's you know what. It is a TON of cardio and the change of pace in your exercise program that will help with that.

Everyone else, let's do this together!
  • rhoades716
    Options
    Stacey and Becky, welcome to the team! That is awesome that you two are BFF's and taking this challange together! Remember everyone in the group is here for each other so if you need anything, just ask and someone will respond.

Adam
  • kotersmom
    kotersmom Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Stephanie. I started Insanity today. This is about my 4th attempt. About a year and a half ago I completed P90X and Insanity was the next on my agenda. I started and never got past two weeks of it. Since then I have gained around 30 lbs back. I am frustrated with myself and my lack of motivation. I am ready to finally complete this!!

And since I have had Insanity so long, I seem to have misplaced the meal plan guide. Any suggestions??
  • rhoades716
    Options
    Stephanie, thanks for joining the team! It shows a lot about your charecter by trying to do Insanity for a fourth time. You have that never give up attitude. I can't speak for everyone, but I am sure at one point or another everyone was frustrated with themselves and thats what made them turn to MFP.

We are strong as individuals, but as a group we will be much stronger. Those days where you don't feel like pushing play, just remember someone else in this group has either done it already that day or is doing it at the very same time as you. Everyone is here for each other and we will ALL be graduates of the Insanity program!

I would love to start a thread in a little over 60 days of people who didn't think they could finish Insanity posing in their Insanity t-shirts because they earned it. Whats the difference between someone who has completed Insanity and you? Nothing besides they just pushed play. You can do it and we are all here to help!

Adam
    Don't Just Push Play, Push Each Other!
  • spirituallyfree
    Options
    Hello my name is Tanesha. I am currently in the military. I am ready for a lifestyle change. I gained over a 100 lbs when I was pregnant with me daughter two years ago. I have lost 53 lbs. I have 37 more pounds to go. I have been getting depressed lately. I am so ready to get back in shape. Also, I have been in the Navy for 18 years and now that I have failed my last two bodyfat compostion assestment. I may get kicked out of the Navy. So now I am in direr need to lose weight and become healthier for my family and self. I am 38 years old and ready to get back in shape.
  • Panna9406
    Panna9406 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    HI!:)
    I am Anna, 18, I'm in my last year at school, and I really want to get in shape. I have never been overweight, but I always had some extra pounds on me...
    I am sick of that! I an planning to start insanity on the 1st of December, because I still have to finish the 30 Day Shred, which I'm doing right now to get prepared for the big challenge, called insanity:P
    I joined this group because I hope that I will be able to find some support here on those harder days.
    I really can't wait to start!
    Good luck to everyone and let's push each other!
  • LadyVeng3ance
    LadyVeng3ance Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! <3

The name is Sabrina, im 24 years old and come from the beautiful little kingdom of Norway!
    I have started doing insanity, but I havent been doing it every day!
    I am also working out at the gym, so I am concidering doing it on the days Im not on the gym!
    I am currently on day 6! :D Have been on day 6 for a little over a week... Im hoping maybe this group can help me get out of the couch and do insanity! I do dig Shaun T, and he is quite motivating!

I wanna lose weight because I wanna know what it feels like to have a flat stomach! <3
  • Amanda05131987
    Options
    Hello All

Amanda here! I started my second week of Insanity yesterday although I missed two days last week so not really a great first week. I love the results from doing Insanity. I got a month in the first time I did Insanity and could tell a huge difference in inches lost. I get so worn out halfway through though and always want to stop after stretching lol.So hopefully having support here will help me keep going and get all the way through each work out and week
  • mdulanto9177
    Options
    Hi guys...I'm Monica...I've had Insanity for over a year now...I start the program but never finish it completely...usually after month 1 that's where I start slacking off...my new's year resolution is to finish the program...and I will only have 4 weeks left after the new year...so looking forward to it. I have many health issues...I'm hoping that with insanity and it gives my body a kick start to a healthy living. I need guys like you to motivate me and keep me on check...let's press play!
  • careycm616
    Options
    I'm Chelsea, and started Insanity a couple weeks ago with people from work. We don't get to do it 100% by the schedule due to weekends, but it works for us. We're on Day 10 today and it totally helps my running.
    I'm living in Virginia Beach, working for the Navy on shore duty and I'm engaged. I love hiking, walking, cooking, reading, and spending time with my puppy and my fiance.
    Since really devoting myself to MFP, I've lost 6 lbs, trying to get to 130 from 150. I run half marathons, and just signed up for the Spartan Sprint Obstacle Course in March. I've always been a healthy eater, I thought, but realized tracking everything makes you much more conscious about eating habits. My downfall was french fries and Ben and Jerrys ice cream, but luckily, I've been able to cut out sweets almost all together. Peanut Butter is probably my biggest downfall now.
    Glad there are other people doing the Insanity workout!