November Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• BeckyM528
    BeckyM528 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did binge the day before Thanksgiving but I did not binge yesterday! that is huge for me yay! And I have gotten ahead of the binge and I'm still ahead. I'm so happy about that.

Me: 6
    Binge: 4
  • wilmawm
    wilmawm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Mo--22
    Binge--0

I had a really good binge-free Thanksgiving for which I am thankful!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Me: 17
    The Binge: 6 (11/1, 11/2, 11/16, 11/17, 11/19, 11/20 )

Did NOT binge on thanksgiving!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    November 2012

Diane: 13
    The Binge: 9

Yesterday was the worst day I think I've had all year. Very depressing holiday. Took sleepy meds to put my butt to sleep at about 8pm so I'd stop eating. I could not stop.
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I did not binge on Thanksgiving! That's the first time in who knows how long. I did go over my calories for maintenance but I was mindful about what I was eating. There was even a pt in the day where my bf got a 2nd full plate of food and asked me if i wanted some. That is where I've always given in and eaten about 500-700 more cals before. I was not hungry so I said no and didn't have one bite of his plate. That's a huge accomplishment because I've always eaten food that was readily avail. It was sooo nice to not feel miserable all day! Thank you guys for your support. I know this challenge & you guys are what have helped me decrease my binges thus far for the month.

Me: 21
    Binge: 1
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    I did binge the day before Thanksgiving but I did not binge yesterday! that is huge for me yay! And I have gotten ahead of the binge and I'm still ahead. I'm so happy about that.

Me: 6
    Binge: 4
    Awesome!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    November 2012:

Be mindful of real hunger by asking "Am I really hungry?" before eating.

Mollie - 13
    The Binge - 9 (1, 2,4, 6, 10, 11, 18, 21, 22)

Did not log it all - 3 (Less than 6 days)

I don't know why I binged yesterday other than my usual home alone and urges to much. I delay it for a while and then I caved. I had an awesome day yesterday too. We saw a good Musical yesterday and my eating was going good and in total control. Then afterwards bam. I am even pre-logged the binge as I went to make sure I got it all logged.

Today is a new day for me!!

Good job to those of you who had a binge free holiday and for those who did not TODAY is a NEW day.

Put yesterday behind you.:flowerforyou: I don't celebrate holidays but the holidays are not happy days for many so in this you are not alone.

One day at a time......
  • SoLiveItUp
    SoLiveItUp Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Since the 1st

Binge: 6

Not doing too bad
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Nov 23

Lisa -- 12
    Binge -- 11

Worst binge day ever!!! I going to start pre-planning my meals so I can stop this nonsense!!:angry:
  • wilmawm
    wilmawm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Mo--23
    Binge--0

I went over my MFP calories a little yesterday, and Binge was trying to convince me that was a good reason to give him free reign. Why not REALLY blow it??I didn't give in to him though; this thread kept me from doing it. I didn't want to have to post a point for him this morning!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    November 2012

Diane: 14
    The Binge: 9
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Me: 16
    Binge: 7
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    November 2012:

Be mindful of real hunger by asking "Am I really hungry?" before eating.

Mollie - 14
    The Binge - 9 (1, 2,4, 6, 10, 11, 18, 21, 22)

Did not log it all - 3 (Less than 6 days)
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    November 24

Me - 12
    The Binge - 11 (11/2, 11/5, 11/7, 11/9, 11/10, 11/12, 11/15, 11/16, 11/20, 11/21, 11/22)
    Did not log - 11/16, 11/20, 11/21, 11/22

Thanksgiving and the two days before sucked. Big binges. Grateful to be back on track. Yesterday I was barely even hungry. Today I'm feeling much better and I'm so glad. I think I'm still a day ahead - I'm hoping I'm keeping track correctly.

I'm staying off the scale at least until Tuesday. I know it won't help me to weigh. I have an idea of what the scale will say anyway so I don't need to see the number and obsess about it all day.

Congrats to those who didn't binge on Thanksgiving. I have to admit I'm a bit jealous. I also must say that the holidays are not a happy time for me (that's another story) so I'm not surprised that I am having difficulty right now. I'm just going to keep moving forward no matter what.

I'm confident I can make it through this weekend without bingeing. Wait, I *will* make it through this weekend without bingeing.

Thanks as always for your continued support.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    11-24-12
    Me-16
    Binge - 8 (11/1, 11/4, 11/8, 11/9, 11/11, 11/17, 11/20, 11/23)

Yesterday not so great. Today I'm counting as a no binge.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I'm confident I can make it through this weekend without bingeing. Wait, I *will* make it through this weekend without bingeing.

Thanks as always for your continued support.
    Much more positive statement!! If will help you nail it. Good luck to you!
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Well, what can I say about yesterday...:/. I was doing so well until dinner. It wasn't the worst binge but I was in the binge mindset. I'm upset that I ate that way but I'm glad it was only during one meal and then I told myself no more food! I even went out last night and after, my friends and I went to a restaurant. I was not hungry so I asked for a water and that was it! It's an accomplishment to stop the binge in his tracks.

The one good thing about the binge yesterday is realizing it was not as bad as they used to be. I was about 700 cals over maintenance for the day as opposed to the damage I used to do which would be about at least 1000 or more over maintenance.

Binge: 2 (11/3 & 11/23)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I even went out last night and after, my friends and I went to a restaurant. I was not hungry so I asked for a water and that was it! It's an accomplishment to stop the binge in his tracks.

The one good thing about the binge yesterday is realizing it was not as bad as they used to be. I was about 700 cals over maintenance for the day as opposed to the damage I used to do which would be about at least 1000 or more over maintenance.

Binge: 2 (11/3 & 11/23)
    Awesome Steph!!! Going to a resturant and not eating is HUGE indeed!! Keep up the good work!! You are doing awesome this month!!
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth-16
    Binge-7

For some reason I always binge after Thanksgiving. It is the leftovers. Blah! Today is a new day and so far so good :-) Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    November 24th, 2012...

The Binge: 7 (11/1, 11/2, 11/16, 11/17, 11/19, 11/20, 11/24 )

I feel sick. I knew I shouldn't have taken the first compulsive bite, but I craved the indulging. I wanted to eat a lot of food. It sounds silly, but I am to blame. I didn't fight it. I let the urge win - even when I knew the overeating would lead to a binge, always does!!

I can relate to this poem:

There's a hole in my sidewalk ~ by Portia Nelson

Chapter One
    I walk down the street
    There's a deep hole in the sidewalk
    I fall in
    I'm lost. . . I'm helpless
    It isn't my fault
    It takes me forever to find a way out

Chapter 2
    I walk down the same street
    There's a deep hole in the sidewalk