W8D2 - Turkey Day 5K

Options
78nSunny
78nSunny Posts: 43 Member
Well I actually ran the Turkey Day 5K today and finished in an unoffical time of 27m30s. The official times are not posted yet to the web site so I will not know for day or two what the "real" time was. It went pretty good but I have to admit that I did walk for about 30 seconds around the 1.7 mile area. I got caught-up in the speed to start and went out to quick. According to Endomondo I did the first mile in 7m34s... WAY TO FAST... followed by 8m30s and 9m10s for miles 2 and 3. then the last 10th was just trying to go in a straight line. Anway 8 weeks ago when I started this I never would have thought that I would get this far. Now we finish up on saturday and set our sights on the 10K coming in April... (wish me luck!!!)

Oh here is a link to the Endoondo Track... Beautiful area and very hostoric Downtown Carleston

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/109139859

Replies

• babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Congratz!!
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and wow what an awesome time!
  • SueMGordon
    Options
    Well done for completing so well even before finishing the c25k. Am impressed you walked for so little of it.
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Wowsers.... that is an awesime time. I am on Week9, so should be graduating, but I did it on time, not distance, so not making a full 5k yet. My turkey trot time was 38:39, which is actually a little slow.er tnan my last one. The hills did me in again.

Do you have another race on the calender ?? I am doing Jingle Bell run the week before Christmas.
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Great job. Wish I could get that time. My timing has not improved at all. I am probably around a 32-34 minute 5K. Although I have yet to run it. Thats my next run. Finished W8D3 yesterday morning so the next run is it.