Options
    Good morning~!

Height: 5'8"
    CW: 254.8
    GW for this Challenge Group: 247
  • warda38
    Options
    hi,
    congrates on starting.. I understand what you mean about motivation. I have promised myself to become healthy and keep repeating to myself that IF I AM HEALTHY THEN I WILL BE HAPPY. part of my wanting to lose weight is to be able to help my family, and being over weight I am constantly down and they are down also. But I told myself ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, time to change for the better. Write the following "3I"s down on post it notes and stick them in your room, bathroom, and kitchen: I am STRONG, I am BEAUTIFUL, and I CAN DO IT.
    Remember, we are human, we are allowed to make mistakes. Forgive yourself if you make a mistake with a promise not to repeat it.
  • ErinGBragh
    ErinGBragh Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great words, Warda!
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    hi,
    congrates on starting.. I understand what you mean about motivation. I have promised myself to become healthy and keep repeating to myself that IF I AM HEALTHY THEN I WILL BE HAPPY. part of my wanting to lose weight is to be able to help my family, and being over weight I am constantly down and they are down also. But I told myself ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, time to change for the better. Write the following "3I"s down on post it notes and stick them in your room, bathroom, and kitchen: I am STRONG, I am BEAUTIFUL, and I CAN DO IT.
    Remember, we are human, we are allowed to make mistakes. Forgive yourself if you make a mistake with a promise not to repeat it.

I love this! What I usually tell myself when I'm looking at a temptation is "Do I want to be happy now for only a little bit, or do I want to by happy later for a lot longer" It usually stops me or at least gives me the power to have a small piece instead of the entire package of whatever it is.
  • ErinGBragh
    ErinGBragh Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love this! What I usually tell myself when I'm looking at a temptation is "Do I want to be happy now for only a little bit, or do I want to by happy later for a lot longer" It usually stops me or at least gives me the power to have a small piece instead of the entire package of whatever it is.

Me too! Saying this to myself has saved me numerous times!
  • mrsking218
    mrsking218 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'6"
    CW: 179.6
    GW for this Challenge Group: 140 (Final Goal)
  • erinmbrown13
    erinmbrown13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'7"
    CW: 190
    GW for this Challenge Group: 140

Now I must say that when I began my weight loss adventure last year at this time I weighed 215lbs. I've already lost some just changing my eating habits and keeping a food diary. Hopefully I'll continue that trend here!
  • Lilaczest
    Lilaczest Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'6"
    CW: 188
    GW: 140

I'm back on MFP after a too long hiatus. I've never kept on it for more than 2 weeks at a time. I need a group to keep me accountable and keep me from gaining even more through the holidays. Thanks for the support!
  • Willowgrove
    Options
    Height: 5'2
    CW: 172
    GW: 110

Ready for change.
  • MySkinnyMom
    MySkinnyMom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I'm 52 years old, 5'2 and weigh 176. My goal weight is 125. Tired of being tired (and fat) : \