Options
    Nov 24

Lisa -- 13
    Binge -- 11

Finally success today.
  • wilmawm
    wilmawm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! It's a new day; I'm just going to concentrate on getting through it binge-free. One day at a time, as I learned in OA!

Mo--24
    Binge--0
  • BeckyM528
    BeckyM528 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    As of 11/24/12

Me: 8
    Binge: 4

I'm ahead of the binge...I am actually beginning to think about a whole month binge free (what!?) as a real possibility next month. I have real momentum and that is awesome. I will keep taking it day by day and not judging myself though. Each day binge free is a victory.

It's crazy to me that when I saw this challenge in October I felt so frustrated because I saw so many people with binge free days and I felt so stuck in the binge cycle. I decided to go for it half way through November and now I am actually able to see a future that is not ruled by binging.
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Me - 13
    The Binge - 11 (11/2, 11/5, 11/7, 11/9, 11/10, 11/12, 11/15, 11/16, 11/20, 11/21, 11/22)
    Did not log - 11/16, 11/20, 11/21, 11/22

Really feeling better today, much more back to normal and feeling so grateful. The last two days haven't been difficult, as I have barely been hungry but that's what happens to me when I eat 3000+ calories for three days in a row (thanksgiving and the two days before, ugh). Definitely not complaining though! I'm still not weighing, I think I will weigh on Friday - that will give me incentive to do my best during the work week (which is the most difficult for me).

It's crazy how much my ED rules my attitude and outlook on life...I'm so depressed and hating everything when I'm bingeing and when I'm not I'm so much happier. I hate how "Ed" tricks me and I go back to the food for whatever reason...it always makes things worse, never better. Today "Ed" will not get me.

Thanks for being here and doing this with me, I can't do it alone. Here's to another binge-free day! Let's have a good one, my friends! :smile:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    November 2012

Diane: 14
    The Binge: 10
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You hit the nail on the head with this one! I find myself being depressed and ashamed and don't even want to go out and see people. When I eat well I am proud of myself and in such a better mood. Now if I can go on a streak of fueling my body with good food....that is my goal this week. I hope you are having a good day!

It's crazy how much my ED rules my attitude and outlook on life...I'm so depressed and hating everything when I'm bingeing and when I'm not I'm so much happier. I hate how "Ed" tricks me and I go back to the food for whatever reason...it always makes things worse, never better. Today "Ed" will not get me.

Thanks for being here and doing this with me, I can't do it alone. Here's to another binge-free day! Let's have a good one, my friends! :smile:
  • eschorre
    Options
    Elizabeth-18
    Binge-7
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    11-25-12
    Me-16
    Binge - 9 (11/1, 11/4, 11/8, 11/9, 11/11, 11/17, 11/20, 11/23, 11/25)

Starting a detox tomorrow with enough cals and fat to keep me full. There are no added sugars so I'm hoping to get rid of my cravings for junk! Back to my normal schedule : )
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Nov 25

Lisa -- 14
    Binge -- 11

Success today.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Me: 17
    The Binge: 8 (11/1, 11/2, 11/16, 11/17, 11/19, 11/20, 11/24, 11/25)

The binge just started today by eating ALL of my calorie goal in the morning, going to church...going to lunch with friends and eating light....then going home after eating "healthy" in front of people.... I binge at home . Then I go to dinner later, not even hungry at all. Now I'm home and it's late... I don't need food. I feel so sluggish from binges today -- I hate this. I despise the attitude the binge gives me, my optimism and confidence goes down the drain whenever I let the binge win. I don't know who else to talk to about this so it helps to write it out here.

My goal next month is to binge no more than 3 times.... and to stay in a good calorie range... I can't bear to look at the scale
    ---November 25th, 2012.

5 more days to this month -- LETS MAKE THE BEST OF THEM.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    The Binge: 9 (11/1, 11/2, 11/16, 11/17, 11/19, 11/20, 11/24, 11/25, 11/26)

Please....don't let the binge get into the two digit numbers...

I was telling myself last night I better eat a light and healthy breakfast, then track calories all day....
    Woke up too early, couldn't sleep, got some food just out of habit because everyone should eat breakfast right? :/... 1,800 calories. I kept eating, I felt like I was rebelling over my plans - the ones that wanted to count calories and eat healthy today.

...here are 20 Reasons Not to Hate Yourself After a Binge....I need this going through my mind today.

1. Using food is your way of trying to comfort yourself – a binge is your attempt to take care of yourself in the way that seems best to you in the moment

2. It’s the past now – the future is fully open for you to make whatever choices you want

3. You’re human and no human makes decisions that are 100% healthy, 100% of the time

4. Your body is an intelligent system that knows how to process the extra food and make the most of the energy

5. Binges are great teachers – they show you that you’re not addressing something in your life (stress, anxiety, sadness, disappointment, boredom, relationship strain, poor self-esteem, etc…)

6. You can do things differently next time

7. Every time you binge you learn something about what triggers you or what you need to do to take better care of yourself, so, if you choose to learn from each binge, you’re actually getting stronger

8. You wouldn’t hate your friend if she confided in you about a binge, so why hate yourself?

9. A binge is just one action in one short moment in time – it doesn’t define who you are

10. Once you figure out what triggered the binge, you’ll be better equipped to handle similar situations/feelings in the future

11. Feeling negative about any situation never makes it better, so why wallow? Get back up and dust yourself off

12. Now is the best and most important time to practice self-love and forgiveness

13. The effects of a binge are temporary – over time you’ll feel better physically, mentally, and emotionally

14. Hating yourself is choosing to listen to the voice of ED instead of your wise self who loves you unconditionally

15. Guilt is a choice – you can just as easily choose forgiveness

16. Compassion is freedom from suffering

17. Although your body feels like a balloon, it’s physically impossible to permanently change the shape of your body from one binge

18. Binges help you get in touch with your emotional world, if you allow yourself to evaluate whatever it is you wanted to numb

19. You’re worth loving and treating with respect

20. You are on a path to recovery and that means falling sometimes – just like a child learning to walk, you are learning how to navigate life’s ups and downs without abusing food – freedom from this cycle comes with time, not overnight – you are heading in the right direction with each decision to practice self-love, forgiveness, and compassion

8 stuck out to me, if a friend confided in me about binge eating.... I would so be able to relate, and all I would want to do is love her and help her with the situation. I have to try and treat myself like a friend more often.
    17 -- It is impossible to completely change shape with one binge. IMPOSSIBLE IS RIGHT.
  • eschorre
    Options
    Hang in there and love yourself today even though the morning hasn't gone as planned, you don't have to continue to have a bad day. I know, easier said then done. Hugs to you girlie!

I was telling myself last night I better eat a light and healthy breakfast, then track calories all day....
    Woke up too early, couldn't sleep, got some food just out of habit because everyone should eat breakfast right? :/... 1,800 calories. I kept eating, I felt like I was rebelling over my plans - the ones that wanted to count calories and eat healthy today.

...here are 20 Reasons Not to Hate Yourself After a Binge....I need this going through my mind today.

1. Using food is your way of trying to comfort yourself – a binge is your attempt to take care of yourself in the way that seems best to you in the moment

2. It’s the past now – the future is fully open for you to make whatever choices you want

3. You’re human and no human makes decisions that are 100% healthy, 100% of the time

4. Your body is an intelligent system that knows how to process the extra food and make the most of the energy

5. Binges are great teachers – they show you that you’re not addressing something in your life (stress, anxiety, sadness, disappointment, boredom, relationship strain, poor self-esteem, etc…)

7. Every time you binge you learn something about what triggers you or what you need to do to take better care of yourself, so, if you choose to learn from each binge, you’re actually getting stronger

8. You wouldn’t hate your friend if she confided in you about a binge, so why hate yourself?

9. A binge is just one action in one short moment in time – it doesn’t define who you are

10. Once you figure out what triggered the binge, you’ll be better equipped to handle similar situations/feelings in the future

11. Feeling negative about any situation never makes it better, so why wallow? Get back up and dust yourself off

12. Now is the best and most important time to practice self-love and forgiveness

13. The effects of a binge are temporary – over time you’ll feel better physically, mentally, and emotionally

14. Hating yourself is choosing to listen to the voice of ED instead of your wise self who loves you unconditionally

17. Although your body feels like a balloon, it’s physically impossible to permanently change the shape of your body from one binge

18. Binges help you get in touch with your emotional world, if you allow yourself to evaluate whatever it is you wanted to numb

20. You are on a path to recovery and that means falling sometimes – just like a child learning to walk, you are learning how to navigate life’s ups and downs without abusing food – freedom from this cycle comes with time, not overnight – you are heading in the right direction with each decision to practice self-love, forgiveness, and compassion

8 stuck out to me, if a friend confided in me about binge eating.... I would so be able to relate, and all I would want to do is love her and help her with the situation. I have to try and treat myself like a friend more often.
    17 -- It is impossible to completely change shape with one binge. IMPOSSIBLE IS RIGHT.
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I had done so great on Thanksgiving day and then, for whatever reason, I just didn't care anymore. But I sure do care today! I'm so mad at allowing myself to have 3 days of binging in a row. Now, instead of doing better than the previous months, I'm at the same amt. of binge days as the last two months. I will end this month with NO MORE BINGES!! I'm getting back on track today!!!

Me: 21
    Binge: 4
  • greekygirl
    Options
    Me - 14
    The Binge - 11 (11/2, 11/5, 11/7, 11/9, 11/10, 11/12, 11/15, 11/16, 11/20, 11/21, 11/22)
    Did not log - 11/16, 11/20, 11/21, 11/22

Yay that I have more non-binge days than not and the number has increased! I'm feeling so much better after this weekend of not bingeing and eating light. I was VERY tempted to weigh this morning but my goal is to wait till Friday - I'm hoping that waiting will give me extra incentive to eat well and really try (REALLY TRY - sometimes I think I don't try hard enough) to beat "Ed, the Binge Monster" this week, especially at work. I'm glad I took an extra day off today so I can get even stronger before returning!

Let's make it a great day and NO PUNISHING OURSELVES!! I know, easier said than done but we are not bad people, we just have an ED.
  • greekygirl
    Options

• greekygirl
    Options
    I don't know why but I can't add comments to the post above...anyway, this post ^^ is GREAT!!! Hating myself after a binge is counterproductive. It usually makes things worse, never better. Hang in there, this is temporary. I try to tell myself it's "just a bump in the road and I will be ok". You will be ok too!
  • wilmawm
    wilmawm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Mo--25
    Binge--0

Those of you who have given in to the binge, I admire you SO MUCH for coming here and writing about it. What I usually do when I give in is disappear - I don't post, I don't log, I just eat in isolation. By "fessing up'" you're helping all of us, and hopefully yourselves too. {{{cyber hugs}}} to everybody!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    November 2012

Diane: 15
    The Binge: 10
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Thanks for below list!!

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    November 2012:

Be mindful of real hunger by asking "Am I really hungry?" before eating.

Mollie - 16
    The Binge - 9 (1, 2,4, 6, 10, 11, 18, 21, 22)

Did not log it all - 3 (Less than 6 days)