W5D2....OMG! Did I complete that!!

Options
msfaithful
msfaithful Posts: 88 Member
After joining this forum i decided to read the posts in regards to week 4 because that 5 min jog was killing me. I could not complete it without taking at least a 30 minute break to breathe. After reading a few post I decided...YES...I am going to repeat week 4 cause I don't have it under my belt. Second time around I decided to incorporate
-- music with a good running beat
-- squats every other day to help build up muscle endurance
-- stretches

I have to say all of these things helped me get past my 5 min jog struggle. I complete week 4 and felt great but begin to fear whether or not I'd be able to do week 5....it has an 8 minute run on day 2 :noway:

To my surprise I was able to complete W5D2 without a struggle.....I AM AMAZED!!!

BUT OMG!!!...what happened to gradually increasing the run time.....Day 3 is 20 minutes....no walking :noway:

Replies

• SueMGordon
    Options
    All I can say is trust the program. I went from being a total non runner to about to start week 7 (with no repeats). Don't try and run too fast. I do 5 mph on a treadmill. W5 D3 is mainly a mind game. Believe you can do it and try it. The main issue is finding something to keep your mind occupied. Good luck.
  • msfaithful
    Options
    All I can say is trust the program. I went from being a total non runner to about to start week 7 (with no repeats). Don't try and run too fast. I do 5 mph on a treadmill. W5 D3 is mainly a mind game. Believe you can do it and try it. The main issue is finding something to keep your mind occupied. Good luck.

Thank you!! :flowerforyou: I am feeling so intimidated right now but some what anxious. I'm definately working on the playlist for this run!!
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You've got this!! I thought the 20 minute run was going to kill me, it just about did!! :) The last 5 minutes were rough, I told myself near the end that I could surely make it through 1 more song. Luckily, the last song was a good one and that helped me keep my mind distracted and let my body do what it can. Today is w6d3 which is a 22 minute run.
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I know you can do it! I was scared for the one too since it seems like such a huge jump, but if you take it slowly it's really not as scary as your mind makes it out to be :)
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am using a different app and my 20 min run was today W6D2. I did it and if my 47 yr old 100 pounds overwieght self can run it then you can too. Just keep moving, you've got this!
  • msfaithful
    Options
    YOU GUYS ROCK!!! I truly appreciate the words of encouragement....today is the day I tackle this run. I took a 10 minute run/jog yesterday just to see if i had it in me and to my surprise I had to make myself stop. I'm feeling better about W5D3 and am ready for my run time....Got my music ready!!! :happy:
  • SueMGordon
    Options
    We, of course, want to hear that you amazed yourself and did it!

I'm now on no walking breaks for the rest of the program and I still have to distract myself and talk myself into it. I gather it gets easier!
  • msfaithful
    Options
    So yesterday was "D" day....it wasn't a perfect run so I feel compelled to repeat it. I had to stop 3 times for 20 seconds each. Surprisingly breathing wasn't a problem for me....my side and calves started aching so I had to stop long enough for them to stop throbbing....

I'm going to run again today and Saturday (trying 10 min run, 30 sec walk rotation) then repeat W5D3 on Monday.

Determined to master day 3!!!!
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!! How do I know? because I'm doing week 7 right now. I'd kill for a 20 min run tomorrow instead of this 25 min nonsense. :laugh: :laugh:

Keep up the great work!! You're doing great!