W7D2 --- General Tso's Counter Attack

Options
78nSunny
78nSunny Posts: 43 Member
Well I got home and it was a bitter 52 degrees out and with the wind chill probably about 48 or 49 Degrees (yes that is cold to thin blooded southerners.... LOL). If you had read my wall earlier you saw that I had General Tso's for lunch at the office Thanksgiving lunch. Still believe that to be a poor choice. Also I had concerns about my ability to run for 25 minutes after eating that for lunch.

Well I got suited up and did some warm-ups and headed out the door. Walk went well and the first few hundred yards of the run were just getting everything loose but by about minute 2 was in a groove and just working on my stride to see what I could do. I had started Enomondo as I began the run so that I had a time and distance measure.

Mile 1 - 8:02
Mile 2 - 16:41 (8:38)

I did some quick math in my head and realized that I had a shot at making 3 miles in the 25 minutes if I picked it up just a bit, so I did.

Well at about the 19 minute mark The General advanced with a sneak attack and ended all hopes of glory. I did get all ot the way through the run but only made it 2.85 miles. All in all still a good day.....:sick: :sick: :sick:

Replies

• xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Great pace man! Sorry to hear the General caught up to you with his mad skills.
  • sahm23ladies
    sahm23ladies Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's an awesome pace! I'm heading out for w7d2 in a bit. I like to run in the morning on an empty stomach. I can't imagine running after eating that. lol I dream of having a pace like that! I average 9.5 mins/mile right now.

Keep up the good work!
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    What a great run and an awesome time. I will hit W7 this weekend. I will be thrilled when I get down to 10 minute miles!
  • mommycullen
    mommycullen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sweet jesus. I just want to be able to finish week 4