So be honest..

How hard is this workout? I start Monday and I'm honestly kind of scared! lol..

I tried doing Insanity and couldn't handle it so I hope this isn't as bad..

Replies

• pattiFM
    pattiFM Posts: 45 Member
    How hard is this workout? I start Monday and I'm honestly kind of scared! lol..

I tried doing Insanity and couldn't handle it so I hope this isn't as bad..

I think the general consensus about the 30DS is that it's a good starting point and a workout that helps ramp you up to Insanity. It's a tough workout, she does kick your *kitten* a little bit and you will be sore in the beginning, but it's short - it's 27 minutes total, and it's EFFECTIVE. It's amazing how different you feel even after doing it just a few times. It gets easier! Don't be scared! :)
  • diannehague
    diannehague Posts: 8 Member
    I agree, I just started two days ago, first day I could not come close to being able to do it, second day some improvement....but I am sore all over, so it is a good workout and I am determined to stick with it!
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    I tried to do Insanity and it hurt me knee so bad that the dr. told me to come back to it later!!

Insanity is more insane then 30 ds so I think you'll do just fine!
  • realdog2usa
    realdog2usa Posts: 29 Member
    I'll start Saturday on the First Day of December, I watched the full first video, doesn't look to difficult, meaning it looks do-able if we will just be disciplined to set a side the time and do it. I've been doing between 60 and 100 sit-ups on a stability ball every night for the past month or more and definitely do see more definition in the upper abs.

How Bad Do We Want It Friends... I'll be checking in for support, inspiration, motivation and to see how YOU are doing with the challenge!!!!

Cheers~!
    24731816.png
  • lollie676
    lollie676 Posts: 8 Member
    Hey everyone! So I recently got back into going to the gym again and watching my portions. I got the 30DS a few months back. I FINALLY opened it up and watched the first workout and it totally looks doable. Tomorrow moring I'll actually do it, wish me luck! Also looking to make some friends on here for support and accountability. Feel free to add me :)
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Hey everyone! So I recently got back into going to the gym again and watching my portions. I got the 30DS a few months back. I FINALLY opened it up and watched the first workout and it totally looks doable. Tomorrow moring I'll actually do it, wish me luck! Also looking to make some friends on here for support and accountability. Feel free to add me :)

You can do it!!!
    Just take it day by day and if you need to alter it don't be afraid to. If you give it your all you'll still see results!
  • stehmari
    stehmari Posts: 110 Member
    I will be doing day 4 of level 1 today. When I started I shut the video off twice. It was that hard (for me). I sat on the couch the first time I shut it off, and I said to myself, "Really?! you are really quitting after 2 mins, get your *kitten* back up and push play!" I DID! Two minutes later, I turned that video off. My legs were burning, I was out of breath. I said to myself, "GET UP!" I DID! I got through it, it was painful, but I got through it. Each day got better. Im still having difficulty with the forward lunge and bicept curl exercice. I modify it b/c it bothers my knee.

You can do it! Just keep at it. Each time I quit on the first day, I'd restart at the very beginning. I told myself, "It's up to you, if you keep quitting you'll be here all night at this rate." I'm glad I kept with it.

Best of luck! Believe in yourself!
  • katanasnk
    katanasnk Posts: 52 Member
    stehmarie: That move bothers my knee too. Try to shift more weight to your good leg. Ideally, I think it's supposed to be an even distribution anyway, but I find that if I mentally think about/focus on my not-bad-knee, I can handle it better.
    GOOD ON YOU for getting back up and pushing play!! That's awesome!!!
    I will be doing day 4 of level 1 today. When I started I shut the video off twice. It was that hard (for me). I sat on the couch the first time I shut it off, and I said to myself, "Really?! you are really quitting after 2 mins, get your *kitten* back up and push play!" I DID! Two minutes later, I turned that video off. My legs were burning, I was out of breath. I said to myself, "GET UP!" I DID! I got through it, it was painful, but I got through it. Each day got better. Im still having difficulty with the forward lunge and bicept curl exercice. I modify it b/c it bothers my knee.

You can do it! Just keep at it. Each time I quit on the first day, I'd restart at the very beginning. I told myself, "It's up to you, if you keep quitting you'll be here all night at this rate." I'm glad I kept with it.

Best of luck! Believe in yourself!