Upcoming Races

Options

Replies

• dreilingda
    dreilingda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Returning from injury so I'm going to miss my local 5 mile race on Thanksgiving but I do have plans for early 2013.

Miles for Miracles 5k (tune up race): 2/2/2012
    Woodland's Half Marathon: 3/2/2012

Just turned 30 and my bad habits are starting to catch up with me so 2013 will be focusing on remaining injury free. On another note, I wish more 10k's were available.
  • DocCollins_SFA
    Options
    Right now I'm planning on these but I'm trying to find a 10 or 15k in late Dec/early Jan.

Turkey Trot 5k on Thanksgiving (11/22) Nacogdoches, TX
    Jingle Bell 5k (12/1) Nacogdoches, TX
    Rhythm and Blues Half Marathon (2/10/13) Houston, TX
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Just signed up on Sunday!

Mississippi Blues Half Marathon! January 5, 2013.
  • LooptLou25
    LooptLou25 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My first official club race tomorrow (Sat 17th Nov) 5K. Would like to run under 30 min, but think I might be a bit optimistic there!
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Santa Shuffle December 1

Resolution Run December 31

Hypothermic Half Marathon January 25

All in Ottawa- I tend to stick close to home for the winter running season (which seems counter intuitive as winter in Ottawa is COLD)

For the 2013 season so far I've got:

Perth Kilt Run

Spartan Race (hopefully the trifecta this year!)

Army Run Half marathon

and Maritime Race weekend tartan twosome (5k one evening, marathon the next day) it includes pirates!
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Turkey Trot 8K on Thanksgiving
    Polar Dash HM on 1/13

Thinking of doing the MFP Christmas Crawl HM on 12/15 too, but haven't decided. After my 10 mile last week my knee is bugging.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    5k this morning! I won a turkey! LOL.
  • Cheeta_HH
    Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I think that I'm going to do the Chicago Get Lucky Half Marathon on March 16, 2013. Possibly the Chicago Polar Dash 10K on January 12.

I am registered for a local 6 mile "Pumpkin Plod" on Thanksgiving. I'm hoping an injury doesn't keep me from being able to do it.
  • rexy3033
    rexy3033 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just did the Monster Dash 10 mile last month (7 weeks post-partum), and then was able to do a turkey trot 5K last weekend in 26:23, which was only 30 seconds a mile slower than my PR for a 5k, so happy with this come back after baby. My half PR is a 2:05:47, so I hope to beat that and maybe even aim for a sub 2:00 half this coming year!!

Polar Dash 10k on New Year's day, Get lucky half marathon in March 2013, Med city half in May, Go commando in July, Women Rock half in August, maybe a Warrior dash in September, and Monster dash half in October. Most definitely will throw in some local 5 and 10ks throughout the year as well.
  • TedTorres
    TedTorres Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Running my 9th Half Marathon since Feb. 2011 in 11 days. The Walnut Creek International Half Marathon completes the Northern California Half Marathon Series for me. Just ran for the first time in months. I have some catching up to do...and fast.
  • Cheeta_HH
    Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Polar Dash HM on 1/13

Thinking of doing the MFP Christmas Crawl HM on 12/15 too, but haven't decided. After my 10 mile last week my knee is bugging.

Yay! I am going to do the Polar Dash half too! We'll have to meet up! Are you following a training plan? Since I only have 6 weeks, I'm going to just skip to week 5 of the Hal Higdon plan and see how it goes!
  • tigtigs
    Options
    I am running my 3rd marathon on Sunday! So excited!!! :-)
  • marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Just did the Monster Dash 10 mile last month (7 weeks post-partum), and then was able to do a turkey trot 5K last weekend in 26:23, which was only 30 seconds a mile slower than my PR for a 5k, so happy with this come back after baby. My half PR is a 2:05:47, so I hope to beat that and maybe even aim for a sub 2:00 half this coming year!!

Polar Dash 10k on New Year's day, Get lucky half marathon in March 2013, Med city half in May, Go commando in July, Women Rock half in August, maybe a Warrior dash in September, and Monster dash half in October. Most definitely will throw in some local 5 and 10ks throughout the year as well.

Impressive stuff!
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Dallas (Whiterock) Half Marathon on the 9th.
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    5k on Saturday, last race of the year. Next up is the Finish Breast Cancer 1/2 in February
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Polar Dash HM on 1/13

Yay! I am going to do the Polar Dash half too! We'll have to meet up! Are you following a training plan? Since I only have 6 weeks, I'm going to just skip to week 5 of the Hal Higdon plan and see how it goes!

Oh awesome! I wasn't totally sure where to pick up, I've been doing 5 mile runs as my long runs - so I skipped to week 7 and am doing a 7 mile run tomorrow - then since that leaves me a gap week I'm just going to do 3 mile runs the week after the 10 mile run for the 2 weeks up until the Polar Dash.

Edit: Oh, and my upcoming races:

Warm Your Heart Indoor 5K 1/6 (I got a free registration)
    Polar Dash Half Marathon 1/13
    Cupid's Love Dash 10K 2/10
  • closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

Im new to this group but will be running the Tobacco Road Marathon in Cary NC in March. Is anyone else planning on this race?
  • Jonathanfales
    Jonathanfales Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The North Face Endurce Challenge Championship race is this weekend. I did a write on my blog if you want the details. www.sftrails.com
  • johnmcc215
    johnmcc215 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Linccoft Half Marathon 3/3
    New Jersey Marathon (my first full) 5/5
    Liberty Run Half Marathon 5/25

more to come
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Running my first 1/2 at the end of February...the Disney Princess Half Marathon!