Mo--28
    Binge--0

Wishing everyone a binge-free day!
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth-20
    Binge-8

Broke the cycle yesterday but for dinner didn't make the best choices, oh well, it didn't turn into a binge. Back at in another day! I find this disease consumes the majority of my thoughts--if it isn't binge eating it is over eating, what I should or shouldn't be eating, those stupid "rules" I can't seem to stop telling myself, or how I am feeling about my size, how I feel I look, etc. I am tired of it. Yesterday I was trying to tell myself that I am perfect JUST the way I am and that seemed to work for a bit and then I had to get dressed in something other than spandex pants and the negative thoughts came pouring back in about how fat I am and even my fat jeans are tight. I need to just love myself for who I am right now...man that is hard!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth-20
    Binge-8

Broke the cycle yesterday but for dinner didn't make the best choices, oh well, it didn't turn into a binge. Back at in another day! I find this disease consumes the majority of my thoughts--if it isn't binge eating it is over eating, what I should or shouldn't be eating, those stupid "rules" I can't seem to stop telling myself, or how I am feeling about my size, how I feel I look, etc. I am tired of it. Yesterday I was trying to tell myself that I am perfect JUST the way I am and that seemed to work for a bit and then I had to get dressed in something other than spandex pants and the negative thoughts came pouring back in about how fat I am and even my fat jeans are tight. I need to just love myself for who I am right now...man that is hard!

It's that diet mentality. It fuels binges sometimes. The "bad" and "good" foods.

I know it's hard to find self acceptance. I can make myself believe it for awhile, then I try on clothes or do my make up....
    Just remember the essence of you is not changed by your weight, how much you ate today, your jean size, whatever.
    Write a list of what you are -- and it DOESNT include physical appearance.
    Examples; supporting friend, mother, not a quitter, etc

Good luck. hang in there!
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    Nov 28

Lisa -- 16
    Binge -- 12

Bad evening. :angry: Next month has got to be better!!!

You and me are both going to kick butt next month. =)
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    The Binge: 10

Me: 19

I'm logging this early, but I want it to happen.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth-20
    Binge-8

My goodness I definitely relate! It's hard to realize that I am my worst critic. I've tried to take the lesson "if I wouldn't say it to my best friend, I shouldn't say it to myself" to heart. It helps to focus on the certain things I like about myself, even if they're superficial! Turn those negatives into positives, easier said than done, but still!
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Doing better since the 25th. However, I can't take the binge out of my head. I keep thinking it's not fair that I can't eat what I want like I did over the weekend, which was over 2000cals/day. Once I've binged, it's hard to get it out of my mind! I've been trying to tell myself that it IS fair to be trying to eat healthy because that is the way we are supposed to be eating! I'm doing myself a favor by trying to eat this way and exercise. In the long run, I'll be thankful. I can't let the binge take me over......

Me: 24
    Binge: 4 (11/3, 11/23, 11/24, 11/25)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    November 2012

Diane: 18
  • stephs0214
    Options

Me: 19

I'm logging this early, but I want it to happen.
    You can do it!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    November 2012:

Be mindful of real hunger by asking "Am I really hungry?" before eating.

Mollie - 19
    The Binge - 9 (1, 2,4, 6, 10, 11, 18, 21, 22)

Did not log it all - 3 (Less than 6 days)
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    Doing better since the 25th. However, I can't take the binge out of my head. I keep thinking it's not fair that I can't eat what I want like I did over the weekend, which was over 2000cals/day. Once I've binged, it's hard to get it out of my mind! I've been trying to tell myself that it IS fair to be trying to eat healthy because that is the way we are supposed to be eating! I'm doing myself a favor by trying to eat this way and exercise. In the long run, I'll be thankful. I can't let the binge take me over......

Ahh, I get that mind set a lot. Just tell yourself that food is energy, not a reward . You deserve to energize your body, not over eat.
    Good luck!
  • stephs0214
    Options

Ahh, I get that mind set a lot. Just tell yourself that food is energy, not a reward . You deserve to energize your body, not over eat.
    Good luck!
    Thanks for the support!
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Me - 17
    The Binge - 11 (11/2, 11/5, 11/7, 11/9, 11/10, 11/12, 11/15, 11/16, 11/20, 11/21, 11/22)
    Did not log - 11/16, 11/20, 11/21, 11/22

Another binge-free day yesterday! Feeling so much better it's unbelieveable.
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth-20
    Binge-8

This is totally me too. It consumes my life...either it's about what I'm going to eat, what I'm not going to eat, how I'm going to stop bingeing, how I'm going to lose weight, on and on and on. I have just noticed it's WAY worse when I'm bingeing or trying to stop. Since I've had six days without bingeing I've noticed the "voices" in my head have stopped, for the most part.

This may sound pathetic, but I can't remember the last time I had six consecutive binge-free days....I think back in August before my vacation. You have no idea how grateful I am to have all your support. Thank you.
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    Elizabeth-20
    Binge-8

This is totally me too. It consumes my life...either it's about what I'm going to eat, what I'm not going to eat, how I'm going to stop bingeing, how I'm going to lose weight, on and on and on. I have just noticed it's WAY worse when I'm bingeing or trying to stop. Since I've had six days without bingeing I've noticed the "voices" in my head have stopped, for the most part.

This may sound pathetic, but I can't remember the last time I had six consecutive binge-free days....I think back in August before my vacation. You have no idea how grateful I am to have all your support. Thank you.

No problem! I appreciate the support from everyone on here - it really does help me and the binge eating issues.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Me: 22

Binge: 7

Strange how they were all at the beginning of the month......I am going to have to start looking for patterns.....the only one I have seen so far, is that once I have a binge, sometimes I will binge for several days before I can get it back under control....
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    11-29-12
    Me-20
    Binge - 9 (11/1, 11/4, 11/8, 11/9, 11/11, 11/17, 11/20, 11/23, 11/25)

Feeling so good.
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth-21
    Binge-8

I had a really good eating day. I got some disappointing news and was very aware that it could lead to a binge but the binge did not win. I need to stay very mindful tomorrow and over the weekend. I really want to end this month feeling good and fueling my body with foods it needs or things I want in moderation!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    11/29

Not sure if I did this earlier today, but if I did my numbers have changed..

Suzanne- 24
    Binge- 6
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    Me: 22

Binge: 7

Strange how they were all at the beginning of the month......I am going to have to start looking for patterns.....the only one I have seen so far, is that once I have a binge, sometimes I will binge for several days before I can get it back under control....

I seem to have that pattern a lot also.