I'm cold!

Options
I am a sleever as of 1/1/11. Seems like since my surgery I am always freezing. Anyone else have this problem? And other than dressing like an eskimo in the summer....any hints? :frown:

Replies

• sadiegirl32
    sadiegirl32 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I had my RNY on 9-5-12 and have been freezing ever since. My room mate finds it hysterical since I used to be very warm natured. All the insulation!! :smile: Socks work well for me. As long as I can keep my feet from getting cold first, then it is much better!
  • hathor1943
    hathor1943 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I told my doctor I am always cold...he laughed and said you lost all your blubber.....so now you have to put on more clothes. I thought that might be right, what else would cause the cold nose, freezing hands and feet. I used to be hot all the time now it's the opposite. I'm always cold. I take a jacket everywhere. Had my surgery 12/30/2009.
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I was normal in the summer but I am freezing now. I have little heater at my desk at work and here at home. My feet and legs are so cold. I just say I have lost 70 pounds of insulation!
  • Jamielynn_77
    Jamielynn_77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    so glad to know I am not the only one who is freezing! the girls i work with laugh at me...:laugh: i laugh back...it is kinda funny. I run around with my coffee cup and the space heater cranked lol.... oh well its a small price to pay! :bigsmile:
  • Newbody72
    Newbody72 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I had RNY 3/15/12. I tell the first thing I realized was how cold I got. I used to always stay hot or walk around bare back. Now I'm complaining about how cold it is and hogging the covers.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I woke up from surgery cold in my room..and I havent warmed up yet! I am always cold now. It seems to be a fairly common complaint. I dont think it can be all attributed to weight loss because it is something I noticed before I even lost a pound. I have just learned to wear a light jacket or sweater!
  • AuntieLisa4
    AuntieLisa4 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Seriously now, they have heated blankets, heated slippers, heated pouches to put in your pockets and shoes so why cant they come up with a heated jacket?
    I am only 15days post op, 23lbs down and I am always freezing. Starting to feel like i'm sitting outside.
  • mommycline
    mommycline Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am always cold now. Sometimes I need to hop into a hot shower just to warm up. LOL
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Seriously now, they have heated blankets, heated slippers, heated pouches to put in your pockets and shoes so why cant they come up with a heated jacket?
    I am only 15days post op, 23lbs down and I am always freezing. Starting to feel like i'm sitting outside.

I have been lucky, and haven't had any problems being cold since surgery. But they do have heated jackets. Milwaukee tools makes one, and uses the same rechargeable batteties that their cordless drills and other tools use.
  • mandynsnuf
    mandynsnuf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am always freezing now LOL before I never wore a jacket and now I do everyday :)
  • Jamielynn_77
    Jamielynn_77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options

I have been lucky, and haven't had any problems being cold since surgery. But they do have heated jackets. Milwaukee tools makes one, and uses the same rechargeable batteties that their cordless drills and other tools use.

omg...i want one!! :bigsmile:
  • AuntieLisa4
    AuntieLisa4 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    http://www.acmetools.com/tools/MILWAUKEE+23312XL+M12+Heated+Jacket+with+Battery+&+Charger+-+2XL

they are on sale right now check them out. the xl is a little cheaper, but watch because this one comes with a battery and charger for $114. its a 2xl though
  • miss_erynn
    miss_erynn Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am the exact opposite: always hot, hot, HOT and sweating!!!!!!!!
  • kaydol1488
    Options
    I am the same since surgery! After researching, I'm learning it's because we don't have enough fuel (food) for the fire (our bodies) lol