The longer I am binge free, the stronger I am

Options
When I went almost 2 weeks binge free, I felt like I was in charge. Each day I woke up feeling confident that I would stay within allotted calories... the urges slowly felt smaller and weak, I was able to kick butt.

Now, I've slipped into the spiral of binges once again. I had 2 binge days, then Sunday wasn't a binge... I think the only reason it wasn't is because I wasn't home all day, I didn't have time to be home or be eating too much -- I ate very well Sunday.

I messed up some today. I vow to make tomorrow awesome.

Things that helped me abstain from binges(which everyone is different, I'm not saying these are ones to live by):
~Limiting sugar intake (20-25 grams per day - NOT low carb. I ate a lot of whole grains.)
~Exercising 5-6 days per week. Even if just a bit of yoga or a slow walk, anything helped me. I got myself into exercise challenges on here.
~Drinking 10+ cups of water daily.
~Weighing myself only every 14-30+ days.
~Fitting in "me time", and not holding back my feelings.

Hopefully I can start back up on my binge free days, wish me luck!! I honestly don't feel that strong today .

Replies

• sconns21
    sconns21 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

:smile:
  • jewel1013
    jewel1013 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK! I totally relate. When I don't binge! I feel I conquered the world.I feel great about me and my body even if the weight is the same. No bloating and constant full feeling does the body wonders. Then I slip! It is a constant battle! GOOD LUCK!!!! Keep on fighting the good fight!!!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling that comes with being in control, aside from a few bread binges(which didn't come close to being as bad as the binges I had during the last weeks of October and first weeks of November), I have been doing okay. I have not managed to do what I hoped, which was to create at least 500 calorie deficit everyday, but I have been exercising regularly, which helps a lot. I am simply hoping that by eating what I would eat to maintain at the weight I was pre that month long binge, I will end up back there again by christmas. No idea what I weigh, have not checked in over 6 weeks now, which in a way is good. As long as what I see in the mirror resembles how I looked at that 126Ib weight and my clothes fit reasonably well, and I am eating and working out properly, I can manage without the scale.