Join the 10-week Valentines Challenge

Options
Hi everyone!

This is a 10-week Valentines Day, weekly weigh-in challenge for people aiming to stay on track through the holidays and beyond.
It starts December 6, 2012 and the final weigh-in will be February 14, 2013.

This is not only a weight loss challenge, but also a challenge to treat yourselves like you would want that special someone to treat you.

The spreadsheet for the weekly weigh-ins is in the processing stage. I will let everyone know when it is completed and where to go to put in your information.

Come join us!

Replies

• junerbooner
    junerbooner Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I have just signed up for Life's New Journey so I could do both at the same time. Thanks for this Valentine Challenge. I want to lose 20 lbs or more by Valentines and need the modivation to stick with it. June
  • redlrider
    Options
    Hello, I'm sorta new, :) I started at the beginning of the year, but found the site a little intimidating. I kinda got off track with illness and injury but now i'm in remission and feeling good. I decided to give it another shot. My 27th wedding anniversary is Feb. 14 so yes i want in! I would love to lose at least 20lbs. by Valentines day! Debbora
  • nana6799
    nana6799 Posts: 262
    Options
    redlrider: this challenge will be great for you to step into mfp a lttle more and help you to feel more comfortable. You have even more motivation since your aniverary is on Valentines Day!! We all will be here to help you reach your goal!

junerbooner: This challenge sounds like it will go well with the Life's New Journey. I want you to reach your goal!
  • speedy001
    speedy001 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    This challenge looks great to me. I think it's so easy to be super hard on yourself and a little kindness can go a long way
  • nana6799
    Options
    speedy001: Yes, and I hope to be of help in changing that for all of the members.
  • bell17201
    Options
    Okay, well i have not been on myfitness pal very long at all I am 28 with 2 children 2and 7 both girls a wonderful supportive husband and I am a very busy business owner of wholesale crafts, life has over whelmed me since having met my husband 4yrs ago and starting the business , marriage and another child.. I have gained 70lbs and am considered morbidly obese, I have had gastric bypass surgery in 2008 and was 346lbs at that time I went down to 200lbs and am now at 270lbs, I am striving tword the 200 mark again and have recently consulted my gasrosurgen who is willing to do anoher surgery if i want to reduce my stomach size again, I am seeing a dietary specialest who recommended I come here for daily journaling of "what I should be responcible for putting in my mouth",,, the reasons I want to lose weight is I want 1 to feel comfortable infront of others, 2 laying next to my husband /not to feel gross about myslef-he is 136lbs,, 3 have more energy to play with the girls and finally 4 I would like another baby,,,, my husband says have one now, my docotors say loose weight 1st,, and I say simply I want to be as health as I can be to have this next baby and so we are both healthly.... So were up to now, and well I'm 28 and I don't know what now,,, salads, better food choices I can try but this /food has always been a comfort to me and something I LOVE, every taste of anything from bannanas to choclate chip cookies to broccli to fried chicken skin, I want it even when I'm full just for the taste in my mouth, another issue water i barely ever drink anything doc says im always dehidrated i just don't know how to force myself to drink ive tried adding things like crystal light, hot teas, coffee doctors says just drink I take sips take all around with me and i usually only drink 8-16oz of liqued a day just not a big drinker so saying all of everything can I please have your opinions, and suggestions, thank you Joeleen - by the way I hate the profile picture of me I typically stay behind the camera and it took a lot of convincing to just look at myself period. :)
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I've always been hard on myself and yet, expect others to be kind to me. This will be something new to me: learn to be kind to myself. This looks like a wonderful challenge not only losing weight, but raising our self esteems as well. I really need this! Thanks so much for starting this group.
  • Jojo2k11
    Options
    This sounds like just the thing I need to give me the boost I've been looking for.

I was recently diagnosed with high blood pressure and am on 2 pills to control it. I'm stressed as all get out with a semi-new relationship (approaching the 1 yr mark), a car accident, oh and I was also diagnosed with GERD.

I really want to just focus and I need all the help I can possibly get.
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    My 2nd aniversy is on valentines day!
    And I am in 2 challenges that will end this year! One seems almost at a dead end now and the other ends and would leave me without something to be accountable for after New year!
    Glad that I found a group, that goes into next year!
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I am in! I will be returning to work at the end of January after my maternity leave, and it would be wonderful to have some success before then. My goal will be to lose 10 lbs during the challenge. Thanks for setting this up!
  • nana6799
    Options
    I have read all of your posts and we all are here to help one another!

I know I have learned a lot form my mfp friends and they have given me great support. I didn't have a lot to lose, but 16 pounds is still 16 pounds too much on this 5'2" frame!

I have learned a lot about working out, what foods to eat, when best to eat, different programs, helpful websites for foods and receipes, etc. etc.

Welcome to all and feel free to post anytime! I might not always be able to reply to everyone of you, but others in the group will see your posts and reply to you. Ask questions and you will receive answers!

I so want all of you to be winners in this challenge!!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Hi all. It's been awhile since I've done a challenge and I love the focus of positivity and self-love of this one. I'd like to be 8 pounds down by the end but I'm more concentrated on body fat right now. If my weight only goes down by 2 or 3 pounds but I lose body fat, I'll be just as happy. I'm at 24.8% right now, measured with a skinfold caliper and I'd like to get to 23%. I look forward to supporting everyone.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Fredda thanks for starting this!! I'm excited to have something to help keep me motivated. I'm in another challenge that gets done in January, so this will be nice to help me keep going. Love that it's not just about losing weight, but about treating ourselves better. Excellent idea!!

A little about me: I'm 32 and have been married for 10.5yrs and have 4 kids, 9, 7.5, 2.5, and 1. Never had a weight problem till about 2008. Then 2 more babies added more weight. And then life just kept happening and I ate to feel better. I stay home now, which is great and not great at the same time.lol. I think I was one of those rare people who actually loved their job. I miss it, but it's usually when my kids are just awful or when my hubby's gone(he's gone alot for work). I also lost my mom in July and miss my daily chats with her and seeing her all the time. Her death is what made me want to lose weight. She died from cancer, but she was seriously unhealthy before hand and her body just couldn't handle the chemo so she had to quit the sessions which resulted in us loosing her sooner. I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to be healthy again and get back to the shape I was in before turning 30....or be in even better shape!! I've found that exercising helps with missing her. I don't know why, but it does. Also helps that my hubby is usually my workout buddy. And when he's not home my older 2 usually like to go running with me, although its been awhile since we've gone, but I think that's due to the constant rain.

ETA: my names Liane btw....my screen name is just a combonation of my kids names(Greenlee, Candace, Taylor, and Cam).
  • cchhome
    cchhome Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi, 33 with a 5 year old girl. I am back at this after 2 weeks off with disasterous results. No structure for me is not a good thing, so I am hoping that a new approach is helpful. I am fairly tough on myself, and I think challenge is the appropriate word here for me.

The groups that I am in also end at the end of the year, so thanks for running one right on through!
  • Ruthann2
    Ruthann2 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I hope that is still room it has been along time since I have done a challange.
  • rcavazos83
    Options
    OK, I just joined! Wow! I'm all excited AND nervous too! I'm new to MFP and to dieting to be honest. I need this for health reasons and if Im being totally honest, I do want to look and feel better. I hope that makes sense. Friend me! Ill take all the motivation and tips I can get.
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful challenge.
    I really need something to get me going. I will be 47 on New Years Day and the last year has been a nightmare with my weight. Back in 2002 i weighed 220 and that is a lot at 5'2. I joined Weight Watchers and started walking then when i lost down to 160 started running and lifting weights. I did mke Lifetime after a lot of stops and starts with them in 2009. My lowest weight was 118.
    I am now at 145.8 I know i am in the beginning stages of menopause but i am not going to use that as an excuse. I know i can get back to at least 129.

The breaking point for me was Thanksgiving. I run in the local Turkey Trot in Charlotte NC. It is a huge race with over 9,000 people.
    I was one of the largest women there. That i saw anyway..my time was terrble and i pulled my hamstring. Today was the first day i was able to get back out and run.

Sorry i wrote a book but it was nice to get that off my chest. I am an empty nester. My daughter is in college so it is nice to chat with others about weight loss..

Good Luck everyone..
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I am so happy to see so many people participate who also love the aspect of a better mind frame in this!
    Forgot to tell that I am 30 years old and I would like to get pregnant! Therefore I also want to be as healthy as I can and I have also too much weight on a 5"47 frame!

Edit: Add me as a friend if you want!
  • merry_abandon
    merry_abandon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for creating this, Fredda! After the 10 Week Trim Challenge ended, I kind of fell off the bandwagon a bit with my food choices. I guess I need to feel challenged to keep on it! Can't wait to start this.

I look forward to supporting everyone! We can do this!
  • JulesX1982
    JulesX1982 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am so excited to start my journey to the NEW and IMPROVED ME!!!! In conjunction with this 10 week program I am also training for a half marathon so I hope that I can be successfully on both challenges. By weighing in every Thursday I have to be accountable for my every day challenges and it is hard for me because I like to keep things private. But having the numbers out there for everyone to see will give me the motivation to stay on track and if I have a slip up not to give in!!!

Can't wait to read everyone's posts!!!!