LEAN Circuit

Options

Replies

• astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last week of Lean and while I'm not a fan of all the push-ups overall I have been happy with this phase. I can see a huge difference in my shoulders and back and have lost weight..not sure on inches in that I won't measure until the end of the week. So the phase is worth it even if all those push-ups are a pain. lol
  • CrystalX82
    CrystalX82 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I agree with the hatred for push-ups on the Lean phase (I can't do them on my toes either)... i'm in my last week and while I love the shoulder work because I really want defined delts, i'm dealing with a shoulder injury that i'm trying really hard to nurse so I can get through my last week... I do love how lean my body is getting though, even though the scale hasn't budged... i'll do my final measurements on Monday though.
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    Oh dear. Just did my first Lean circuit today. Wow, was it tough! I had to significantly reduce the weights in order to maintain form. This is going to be a long four weeks!

I ended up taking an unscheduled week off because I was sidelined fighting a cold most of last week. So this was my first dive back into the pool. I'm hoping I'll be stronger for Lean 2 on Tuesday.
  • Alioops831
    Alioops831 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I started Lean today too. Holy crap. I was sweating like crazy at the end.
  • Alioops831
    Options
    Okay...I did Lean 2 yesterday. I am having a hard time with this phase. It's like my body has to do too much at once. I don't have great balance so I'm wobbly on a lot of the moves. I don't think I'm getting much done because of it. Also the plank with the row really hurts my back even on my knees. Ugh. Anyone else having these problems?
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Okay...I did Lean 2 yesterday. I am having a hard time with this phase. It's like my body has to do too much at once. I don't have great balance so I'm wobbly on a lot of the moves. I don't think I'm getting much done because of it. Also the plank with the row really hurts my back even on my knees. Ugh. Anyone else having these problems?
    I will tell you I felt a little akward the first time on each circuit due to the rub your head pat your belly going on! :laugh:
    But this week doing it the second time was not bad at all.
    You may need to slow your lunges or whatever down a little bit. I found I had to think about where my back foot would land for a lunge. I needed it further out not straight back for better balance.
    I didn't have any trouble with the plank but be sure you're keeping you core tight, your back and hips straight. How much are you lifting on these? I have the power blocks so I felt like I was off-kilter, one side so much lower than the other with the non-lifting hand on the floor. So I used the other weight to raise myself up level. Does thta make sense?
  • denise33027
    denise33027 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    These posts made me smile! I loved the Push phase, I felt so strong! Lean was tough for me. I felt like I couldn't lift as heavy and share the sentifment about the shoulders! I started the program over last week and will see it through, but I am adding Brazilian Butt lift Master Series on off days. I think Chalean does great for the arms and I did see some improvement in my legs, but not as much as I would like. Hopefully this combo works!
  • Alioops831
    Options
    I restarted Lean today since I did Lean 1 and 2 and then got sick for a few days. So I thought I'd just start over. Phew. That is SUCH a hard workout.
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    We're finishing up week 3 of lean and I'm feeling the shoulders today!
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I didn't care for the LEAN phase at all however I think I'm going to pick a couple of the exercises and add those to two of my days and then have cardio on the other days.....Think I'll choose a few of the BURN circuits though. Felt like I saw the best results w/ that phase.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I hated Lean because I snapped my bands a lot. I gave up on it after a week or two. I am going to start over and go lighter during Lean so I won't hurt myself.
  • Alioops831
    Options
    I miss Janelle and Laylee in this phase. I wonder why ChaLean changed her crew up?
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I don't miss Janelle or Laylee at all, lol. I do miss Skip, he was a hoot. Mike is too serious. I miss that no one sweats or gets short of breath. I miss that no one is even an ounce overweight.
  • Alioops831
    Options
    I did Lean 2 yesterday and man am I feeling it in my abs today!
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Wait till you get to Lean 3, i thought that was the roughest on the core. :) LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.
  • Alioops831
    Options
    Wait till you get to Lean 3, i thought that was the roughest on the core. :) LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.

I'll be doing it in a few hours. Can't wait. :)
  • Love2lift72
    Love2lift72 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Neon7girl--love your profile pic!
  • Alioops831
    Options
    Okay, you weren't kidding about Lean 3. More than once I yelled at my TV "Noooooooo!"
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    Finally! I just finished my second week of Lean today and I am finally starting to enjoy it. Wow. It sure took some getting used to!
  • ablissabby
    ablissabby Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Starting Lean Phase tomorrow and I can't wait!