Introductions

Options
Hi my name is Jill. I have been on a weight loss journey on and off for sometime now, and am SICK of "starting over". I am back on my horse and mean business! I am starting Insanity to get me through the holidays, and I am determined to FINISH this time. I have attempted before and I got to the 4th week and got really sick. I lost all motivation, and went downhill from there. So for the next 60 days I WILL get this done. NO EXCUSES! If I miss a day for any LEGIT reason, I WILL get it done the next day and continue with my regimine.

I do not want to be over weight anymore and the only person that can fix it is ME!

Replies

• epoujade
    epoujade Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea! I was planning on doing the Insanity Asylum program once I returned to America, and had a workout space. It's only a 30 day program, but I did the 60 program and gained some definite muscle. Didn't really lose weight, but I liked how I felt, so I didnt care much.
  • jl300
    jl300 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jen. I just started Insanity last week--I did my fourth workout this morning. Its definitely going to be tough as it gets closer to the holidays but like you I plan to try to make up workouts if I miss one, and just keep going. This is my first time doing Insanity. I have tried p90x twice but only made it through the first month each time, mainly because it was so time consuming. Since Insanity is shorter and I don't have to drag out equipment each time I'm hoping to stick with it! But my biggest challenge is that I really need to get my workouts done before work and I'm not a morning person!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm Kelly, SAHM/WFHM to a 2 yr old & 3m old. Lost 40 lbs with TF and now I'm moving on to Insanity starting today, 12/3.
    I'm getting ready to push play for my Fit Test, whoo hoo!
  • jl300
    jl300 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am really hoping this will get me good results and kick start my weight loss. Despite dieting and working out I have been stuck for months. My main exercise is running and I've been doing it for years and years-maybe its just not that effective for me anymore. After the first few Insanity workouts I was sore, so I'm definitely hitting muscles I have neglected.
  • DrePitts8
    DrePitts8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Dondra... Every one calls me Dre... I'm 26 from Saint Louis MO. I'm trying to get in shape not just for myself but also for my family... I have two girls and I want to be healthy and active in their lives. I joined this group because I love a challenge and when you mix that with a group of people trying to reach the same goals.. Makes a recipe for success.
    Just did the fit test and that was a workout... Can't wait to see what's next
  • jilleebean777
    jilleebean777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! WOW this has taken off quick! I didn't expect to have so many people join in such a short time! THANK YOU!

Jen, I am the same way. I am NOT a morning person. I did my fit test tonight after work, and we will see how tomorrow goes. If I have trouble getting them in, then I guess I will HAVE to do them in the morning. NO EXCUSES anymore!! I WILL get this done. I got through the first few weeks last year, and then got really sick and lost all motivation so never got back on the horse. But here I am now ready to saddle up.

Just logged my Fit test results and am ready for tomorrow. I may have jello legs, but I know this will work,. Dre, you are right too, having people striving for the same goals will definately be motivational. Knowing what each other is going through, feeling, and experiencing (yes on different levels, but similar none the less).

Hope your workouts went well tonight!!
  • priesterse
    priesterse Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I was planning on starting Insanity after the New Year to jump start the year off. However, now that I have seen this group I think it would be a good idea to get started early. I'm going to try and do the workout in the morning even though I am not a morning person. I get up and get the kids and myself ready for work and school so there is not much time for much more, but I will make an attempt to get it in, in the morning.
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Im Angela. I started Insanity a few months ago to help jumpstart things since I had a baby this past July. I got so busy that Insanity fell to the way side. I just started all over again as of Dec 2. Im super excited to see this through this time I know it works because I lost the first 30 pounds with it this past Sep/Oct.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Hope it's ok to join in, have done insanity before but only got through the first 30 days as got really ill after that so has to stop. But now I'm back and ready to do this!
  • jilleebean777
    Options
    Welcome Maria, Angela, and Priesterse!! Glad to see you all here!! Maria, I had the same thing happen to me. I got sick, and lost all motivation after i got well again.

I hope we can all be here for each other in this journey! Thanks for joining.
  • kyoung1908
    kyoung1908 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad this group was created!! I also started Insanity (again). I didn't even make it through month 1. I was having bad knee pain so I decided to stop. Proper form means everything when you are doing this program. Feel free to ADD ME. I'm just going to use my FIT Test results from October when I started the program. Good luck everyone!! Please help me stay motivated!!
  • tammatha1
    tammatha1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. It's funny we are all of the same mind. I bought my copy last night, and am going to start it tomorrow with the fit test. I am super excited about this, and can't wait to see results. :happy:
  • Hi everyone, well i've been trying to get myself to start doing insanity again, I can't seem to stay on track and give up on it after the first weeks. :/
    I'm going to start it this afternoon :D can't wait!
    Feel free to add me ^_^
  • diana776
    Options
    starting insanity round 2 on thursday :D ! i cant wait !
  • tmgibson
    tmgibson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Trina and I have done somewhat of a hybrid of Insanity and Zumba since I bought Insanity in July. I have not yet completed the whole Insanity program but I decided last week to do the first thirty days with my last day on Christmas day. I am on day 9 now and love the idea of having a support group.

Let's WORKOUT!!
  • 2012Mich
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My name is Michelle & I have attempted Insanity in the past. I got through the first month and my body felt so battered and exhausted I stopped. I had a lot of other things going on at the time as well. But the results were amazing. I'm ready to do it again and get it all done this time around.

Feel free to add me if you'd like.

I started Insanity on Dec 03, 2012.
  • Adri_B_12
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Adrianna and I am determined to do the entire 60 days of insanity. The fit test was tough so I know the rest of the workouts will be too and that is why I joined this group. Hopefully we can all keep each other motivated and be a good support system for everyone here. I look forward to seeing progress within each of us and I look forward to seeing your results through posts. Good luck to everyone. We can do this!!!!!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Jeff.

I've done Insanity 3 times and asylum twice. I'm currently doing a hybrid asylum/insanity program thats awefully challenging. Some days are 2 disc days with a full workout from both programs lol.

hope the group is open to those who've already lost thier mind lol.

i'd like to share a couple simple truths that i've learned the hardway

- although you are burning a ton of calories... if you are like me its not that hard to still over eat and thus reduce or negate your fat lose. But sticking to healthy foods such as those outlined in the meal plan honestly makes it harder to over eat (took that awhile to really sink in). If your eating donuts or pizza you can over eat before you realize it.
    - as mentioned before, form is everything... especially when you get tired. When your really tired, either take a break or concentrate on form over speed. i badly injured my back at one point and ended up gaining most of my weight back

The only other advice i have is that there is garunteed to be days where you simply wont want to do it. YOu'll have a headache or you'll have to make time for it, etc. All i can say is that whatever physical ailment (assuming your not honestly sick or injured) is bothering you, you wont even notice half way through the work out.

If your really dreading the days work out, just say to yourself 'i just got to make it through the warm up'. Honestly, if you give it your all during the warm up, and phone the rest in, you've still had a great workout. Plus, after sweeting through the warm up your likely going to feel more capable of pushing through then before you started.

I wish you all luck. You can all do it and you all know you can so just believe in yourselves.
  • jilleebean777
    Options
    Welcome!! Thanks pax for the insight and words of wisdom. I am SURE there will be days like that. Today was tough, but I got it all in. I got dinner going and had time to get the workout in while it cooked. Well the phone rang a crap ton of times, and my husband was out doing a police shift, so i get nervous if I don't answer the phone. Plus I have a 6 year old. So even though it took a little longer, I did the whole Plyo cardio cd (day 2) It may have even helped me a little to catch my breath and focus on my form.

Can't wait until tomorrow!! Jello legs and all!!
  • Kraziekay89
    Options
    Hey Everyone...
    This looks like a great group to be a part of. I am really struggling to push through the workouts. I am not looking to lose a ton of weight, but some and also get toned.