Yayyy!! I'm back!

Options
MmmDrop
MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
Starting back on MFP after a little hiatus!

Last January, after much begging I was allowed to add Cytomel to my daily regime. It was absolutely life changing. As soon as I took my half pill, it was like the clouds parted, sunshine flooded down on me, and I had unicorns for shoes! :D Three months later, and I had lost 30 pounds of the 80 I had gained after my Full Thyroidectomy in a VERY VERY healthy manner. Then came lab tests. Every thing about my labs were completely normal, except my TSH which was suppressed. Clinically, I was perfect. But, as I had been seeing a very close minded Endo at the time, she decided she needed to lower my dose, and it got jerked around a few times on me. I started feeling like dirt again almost immediately. Needless to say, I fired that endo, and sought out a new doctor.

In the last 6 months, I tried Armour... and it didn't agree with me. I went all the way to 3 grains, had a case of tachycardia, and got switched back to Synthroid. I ended up firing yet another doctor (this one will be 6), because after being on Synthroid alone for a month, my face, hands, ankles, have been swelling up like crazy - and the doctor at the time refused to add in Cytomel, and even went so far as to only running the TSH lab test to base treatment off of. Screw that.

Anyways... I just added Cytomel to my regime again starting this morning, and I'm already feeling 50% better. My eyes aren't feeling quite so heavy, and the brain fog is once again clearing up. :D

I'm looking forward again to losing all my hypo weight with you all!!

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

Sometimes it's hard not to go into a hiatus when you aren't feeling well. I noticed that the times when my hypo symptoms were the worst are also the times when I was sleeping so much I wasn't doing anything more than what I absolutely had to.
  • Mjolner
    Mjolner Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back! Back from a year long haitus myself. Returning to my strict fitness, food and now adding sleep routine. I am on my third Dr. and after four + years after diagnosis I am finally in range of my TSH values at 325mcg of Syntroid. My hiatus was work related and it was impossible to cling to a routine during that time. But I am glad to be back too!
  • debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! :smile:
    You've sure been through a lot trying to get your thyroid regulated. I wonder, do you think you have adrenal fatigue? That's what I have & my naturopath says that they'd never be able to regulate my thyroid if my adrenals are tanked.
    I am feeling great now, I take isocort for the adrenals & natural thyroid. Just about got it regulated. :drinker:
    Happy for you that the weight was going. Not sure if you gained it back when things went sour. Hope you can get healthy again soon!
  • MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Unfortunately, I did gain back most of the weight I had lost previously. But I'm confident that It'll come off just as easily as before now that I'm starting to feel well again.

I'm not sure if I had anything wrong with my adrenals, I have yet to find a doctor who thinks that far out of the box. Tbh, my husband retires from the Marine Corps in a few months, so I'm self treating until he does and we can finally afford to see a naturopath. I'm confident though, that I can manage on my own. I'm not sure if anyone else here is military, but it seems that in military towns, everyone is just out for money. I feel like all of the doctors I've seen wanted to keep me sick just for the return business. Absolutely no one ever really listened to how I was feeling physically. I just got labs back that I ordered online, and it affirmed everything I had suspected, so I know I'm doing the right thing as far as treatment.

P.S. I checked my blood pressure and pulse yesterday afternoon after my second cytomel dose, and it was TONS better than what it was on just Synthroid alone. I'm very happy! :D
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Most people struggling on T4-only meds, so yay that you were able to get the cytomel and that it's working!